Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts lose LB Angerer for rest of season; Sign RB Draughn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Colts lose LB Angerer for rest of season; Sign RB Draughn Reply with quote

Quote:
The Indianapolis Colts today agreed to terms with running back Shaun Draughn and placed inside linebacker Pat Angerer on Injured Reserve.

http://blogs.colts.com/2013/12/17/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-43/

Tom Brady Tribute
PeytonNowLuck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk how i feel about this. Pat showed promise when he took over the year most underatted linebacker out of rutgers Gary brackett went down but, he has been less then stellar imo past 2 season. Wish him well though.
Colton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeytonNowLuck wrote:
Idk how i feel about this. Pat showed promise when he took over the year most underatted linebacker out of rutgers Gary brackett went down but, he has been less then stellar imo past 2 season. Wish him well though.

He's not an ideal fit in the 3-4 really. He excells in a traditional 4-3 and is a great coverage back, which is why he excelled when we were in the Tampa 2 mentality.

Sadly, he just isn't big enough to be a 3-4 thumper or faster enough to be the coverage ILB (have to be 1 on 1 with backs pretty often). Freeman fits the faster ILB mold and Connor/Sheppard fit that thumper mold better.

I don't want to see Pat leave, as I think he's a great leader and gritty MLB, but for his own sake he'd probably be better of with a team who runs a 4-3, like Atlanta, New Orleans, or Chicago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: