You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnny Football Manziel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 12017
Location: No
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The throw that was intercepted in the Cotton bowl was one of the most amazing throws by a QB i've ever seen. Being an elite baseball player really, really helped him with some of those spectacular plays.
_________________
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost



Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 5236
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic but

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/johnny-manziel-posts-photo-instagram-college-football-world-221232788--ncaaf.html Umm...Yeah Confused


But to stay on topic, I could definitely see Manziel being a top 5 pick. The success of RGIII, Russell Wilson and Kapernick will certainly help him, Wilson specifically. If he keeps improving and working on things such as his footwork, I could see a team falling in love with him and using a top 5 pick on him.
_________________


#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGoldenChild


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 2841
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also this:




Kid has incredible talent, but his character and maturity are questionable. Then again, he's a college kid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 29450
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's barely 20 years old. God forbid he have a little fun in college after just winning the Heisman freaking trophy.

The NCAA needs to get rid of that stick up it's butt. Laughing
_________________


Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12830
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote




Well done Johnny Football.... Well done
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 14378
Location: The Draft War Room
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's in college let him do what everybody else is doing. People act like football players are robots and don't have fun or emotions in this day and age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:



Well done Johnny Football.... Well done


He can do better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just a bad picture, but her smile makes her face kind of creepy :3
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jd6735


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost think Manziel would be more highly rated on here if he didn't have that running ability. Through the second half of the season he's shown himself to be a spectacular passer of the ball. His running and scrambling gets in the way when it comes to showing off his passing skills.
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I just can't get myself to believe Manziel will be anything great I'm the NFL. His size scares me and he's not an elite athlete. Well see next year, I hope he proves me wrong.

Well he's not Mike Vick or RG3. But his agility is elite. Probably only runs a 4.55 or so but his agility elevates his running immensely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12830
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's just a bad picture, but her smile makes her face kind of creepy :3




_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 12466
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Maybe it's just a bad picture, but her smile makes her face kind of creepy :3





Good god, what's with A&M QB's with smoking hot chicks.

Someone should just start "Babes of Texas A&M" thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 16150
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 message boarders say she ain't all that. Whoops too late.
_________________

mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Inb4 message boarders say she ain't all that. Whoops too late.


To be fair, I said he could do better...which he probably can. Me? I definitely cannot do better. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 9703
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd6735 wrote:
Almost think Manziel would be more highly rated on here if he didn't have that running ability. Through the second half of the season he's shown himself to be a spectacular passer of the ball. His running and scrambling gets in the way when it comes to showing off his passing skills.
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I just can't get myself to believe Manziel will be anything great I'm the NFL. His size scares me and he's not an elite athlete. Well see next year, I hope he proves me wrong.

Well he's not Mike Vick or RG3. But his agility is elite. Probably only runs a 4.55 or so but his agility elevates his running immensely.


His passing isn't near an NFL level yet, but he scans the field well while moving and makes sure teams have to respect his running even while he's still looking downfield to throw. He also has good speed and vision while running, but can't make the kind of cuts yet he'd need to make to be a RG3/Newton/Vick sort of NFL runner. His size worries me a bit, but he's got loads of potential, just needs to be seen how much he progresses between now and when he's draft eligible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
jd6735 wrote:
Almost think Manziel would be more highly rated on here if he didn't have that running ability. Through the second half of the season he's shown himself to be a spectacular passer of the ball. His running and scrambling gets in the way when it comes to showing off his passing skills.
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I just can't get myself to believe Manziel will be anything great I'm the NFL. His size scares me and he's not an elite athlete. Well see next year, I hope he proves me wrong.

Well he's not Mike Vick or RG3. But his agility is elite. Probably only runs a 4.55 or so but his agility elevates his running immensely.


His passing isn't near an NFL level yet, but he scans the field well while moving and makes sure teams have to respect his running even while he's still looking downfield to throw. He also has good speed and vision while running, but can't make the kind of cuts yet he'd need to make to be a RG3/Newton/Vick sort of NFL runner. His size worries me a bit, but he's got loads of potential, just needs to be seen how much he progresses between now and when he's draft eligible.


The kind of cuts? If anything, that's what I'm impressed with when he runs. Makes fluid, effortless cuts when he takes off. Great acceleration too. Reminds me of the way Cam Newton used to slice through defenses in the SEC.

Isn't near NFL level? He's got improving to do but his ball placement has gotten better each week and if the guy we saw against Bama and OU continues to show up, he has better ball placement than Geno Smith. And I'm a big Geno supporter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group