You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Johnny Football Manziel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
We will know a lot more about Johnny Football next year with everyone gunning for him as the Heisman trophy winner and without the most dominant book end offensive tackles maybe in college football history

Matthews won't come out IMO.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Only thing that sucks about Johnny Football is that if he stays all 4 years, he'll probably have a following that's cult-esque like Tebow's.

Well I think Teddy Ballgame is going to steal some of Manziel's thunder next year

BTW, if you think that's bad, if you're not a fan of dual threat guys by the time Manziel comes out, a third of the league or more could be running some variation of a spread option/pistol attack with the success that the 49ers, Redskins, and Seahawks could be having over the next 3 years
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Only thing that sucks about Johnny Football is that if he stays all 4 years, he'll probably have a following that's cult-esque like Tebow's.

Well I think Teddy Ballgame is going to steal some of Manziel's thunder next year

BTW, if you think that's bad, if you're not a fan of dual threat guys by the time Manziel comes out, a third of the league or more could be running some variation of a spread option/pistol attack with the success that the 49ers, Redskins, and Seahawks could be having over the next 3 years

Who doesn't like the spread option? Who are these crazy people?
waremd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this guy this year has been a treat and I hate A&M. He is one the smartest freshman I have watched, can break down coverages on a second and knows exactly what the line is doing at all time. His accuracy and deep ball are underrated and his ceiling is unlimited Imo.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waremd wrote:
Watching this guy this year has been a treat and I hate A&M. He is one the smartest freshman I have watched, can break down coverages on a second and knows exactly what the line is doing at all time. His accuracy and deep ball are underrated and his ceiling is unlimited Imo.

He is like Newton and Tebow to me. I will always tune in to watch his games despite not really caring about the team. The guy is not talented he is SKILLED. There is a very big difference. This is what happens when you become obsessed with becoming better, and keep practicing to your fingers bleed.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Who doesn't like the spread option? Who are these crazy people?

There are many football fans who want to see no part of the spread option making a significant impact in the NFL

You don't have to go very far to find people with that mindset
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, TLBF was WRONG about him. Laughing

Kids got potential to be special not just on the collegiate level, I'll say that.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
dannyz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the success of RGIII will be big for Manziel, I am not saying Johnny is on Griffins level but they have a similar type of game.

I just think the health issue with RGIII will affect Manziel because he is a little smaller than Griffin and plus RGIII has been hurt and taken a some huge hits this year. If Johnny Football has a big year I wouldn't be surprised to see him Declare and be a top 5 pick with the future of the NFL going more towards QB'S that can be pocket passers and runners like RGIII, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyz wrote:
I think the success of RGIII will be big for Manziel, I am not saying Johnny is on Griffins level but they have a similar type of game.

I just think the health issue with RGIII will affect Manziel because he is a little smaller than Griffin and plus RGIII has been hurt and taken a some huge hits this year. If Johnny Football has a big year I wouldn't be surprised to see him Declare and be a top 5 pick with the future of the NFL going more towards QB'S that can be pocket passers and runners like RGIII, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson.
The difference between RGIII and Football is that Manziel knows how to avoid taking the big hit. He runs wildly A LOT and yet he's not once been lit up by those speedy SEC defenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyz wrote:

Russell Wilson from a size standpoint and success in general of the pistol offense on the Redskins and 49ers is what will help Manziel's stock skyrocket 2-3 years from now

And if either of those 3 teams makes the Super Bowl in the next couple of years, Manziel could be a #1 overall pick (assuming he's not in the same draft class as Teddy Bridgewater)
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is a midget collegeiate(sp) Kaepernick (sp). Great runner with awful mechanics. He doesn't anticipate passing lanes well and is not a rhythm passer. He is a Redshirt Freshman and probably will get better. I see many college QBs doing similar things every year/ I am not as impressed as others.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Manziel is a midget collegeiate(sp) Kaepernick (sp). Great runner with awful mechanics. He doesn't anticipate passing lanes well and is not a rhythm passer. He is a Redshirt Freshman and probably will get better. I see many college QBs doing similar things every year/ I am not as impressed as others.

I don't think his mechanics are any worse than Andrew Luck's.

Manziel is much more accurate than Kaepernick either way.

He's not a rhythm passer because he scrambles a lot. Not really telling us anything new.
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

Manziel has fantastic mechanics. He just doesn't use them all the time.

He releases the ball like a guy who's 4 inches taller when he's throwing from the pocket.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Manziel has fantastic mechanics. He just doesn't use them all the time.

He releases the ball like a guy who's 4 inches taller when he's throwing from the pocket.

Yea, he has a high release point and always throws "over the top". Doesn't sidearm like Cutler and Stafford do.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get myself to believe Manziel will be anything great I'm the NFL. His size scares me and he's not an elite athlete. Well see next year, I hope he proves me wrong.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: