Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Draft Prospects Reply with quote

Hey if Da'Rick Rogers (Tenn. Tech) is going late third round (people have fallen further for far less) he's a man amongst boys in the FCS and might not be putting up huge numbers, but his on field talent is unbelievable. Watched the kid play at Tennessee and though he was one of the best receivers in the nation and if not the best, top two in the upcoming draft. His combine numbers will surprise a lot of people. I think he'll be a dominant NFL receiver.

Tank Carradine (FSU) and Margus Hunt (SMU) are two athletically gifted DE's. Hunt, has improved a lot of his pass rushing moves and run stopping technique. The Carradine, has been pretty good at getting to the QB opposite of Werner. Just my opinion on those two. They could be available in the middle rounds (maybe Tank gets picked in the third).

I really like Jonathan Cooper (UNC) has played really well for the Tar Heels, he's been key to success of RB Gio Bernard and has been blocking really well in the running game. His pass blocking has been above average in my opinion, could be better also.

More offensive linemen, Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) and Taylor Lewan (Michigan) both have done really well in run blocking while Jake Matthews has been great in pass protection, holding Barkevious Mingo to only one QB pressure throughout the game against LSU. Mingo has been touted as a top-10 DE and has been dominant for LSU this season, except against A&M. Lewan struggled in pass protection against Alabama in the begging of the season. But who really does do well in pass protection against Bama. (except hopefully Matthews).

Nico Johnson (Alabama), has been playing in a deep LB rotation. He's a run stopper and is an athlete at the position. I haven't watched him a lot. I haven't really watched the Tide a lot this season. Just haven't had the drive to fall into their spell. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Alec Ogletree (Georgia) is everything you look for in an ILB, he's no Manti Te'o, but he's a great talent and should be around just where we'll be picking this year, a great tackler, can be a sort of head case, but talented nonetheless. He is a good athlete as well and can hopefully cover those TE's in space. Good a delivering hard hits, he could be a stay at LB for any team. Really good at pass rushing from that position and good at causing fumbles. A good talent for the first round.

Joseph Fauria (UCLA), he's athletic, big, strong and has good hands. He could be a great weapon for any team at TE and could come in and surprise a lot of teams as receiving first TE. Not a bad run blocker either, could be a lot beter. Isn't an elite college blocker IMO. UCLA needs to use him a lot more.

I'll be adding some rankings to this thread later.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed lately that I am a TERRIBLE judge of LB talent. Recently, I thought Von Miller would bust big time and thought Tank Carder, Casey Matthews, among others would be studs. Yeah, woops. I'll stay away from LBs from now on.

I have always been pretty good with CBs though. Recently, I really, really like Desmond Trufant and David Amerson. I think they are both going to be top-5 CBs in the future.

As far as other prospects I really like, I'm a big fan of Dion Sims, TE from Michigan State and Eddie Lacy, RB from Alabama. In the future, I like another CB, Wayne Lyons from Stanford. I think he can be a mid-round guy that finds a lot of success.

And I know I said I am a terrible judge of LB talent, but one guy I really like is Anthony Barr from UCLA. Was a highly-rated RB that switched to LB to get on the field more and is playing great. Is incredibly fast and surprisingly strong. It's not like he is small either. 6'4" 230. Could be an awesome rush backer in the NFL IMO, similar to Bruce Irvin. Like I said though, I seem to be terrible at evaluating LB talent.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add to the offensive line conversation:

Barret Jones, 'bama. versatile lineman would be incredibly valuable from the first day and can fill multiple needs. top-line experience coming from the SEC is an added bonus.

EDIT: also, i know we talk about this every once in a blue moon, but how about Johnny Manziel? today vs alabama is the fourth time this season that i've gotten to watch this kid. holy cow. i know it isn't a "true" pro style offense, but this kid is a flat-out baller. is there any possibility that we look for him as Eli's eventual successor in 3 years? (Eli will be 32 + 3 years, + 3 years to learn = Eli @ 38yo...) 6'1", so not the "ideal" height that scouts look for in qbs, so is it possible that he slips far enough for us to pick him up?

just thinkin, and thought i'd get some conversation going since its been dead around here lately... Razz
maes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need one of these A&M tackles, they're straight up beasting right now.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll work on a mock draft hopefully tomorrow. With Webster clearly on the decline, and this being a passing league, I'd like the Giants to go after Xavier Rhodes or David Amerson in the first round. Two 6'1"+ 205+ pound corners. Seattle is having success with big corners that can get physical with receivers. Both Amukamara and Hosely are a bit undersized, so I'd like to bring in a big guy to compliment them, and solidify the secondary for years to come.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
We need one of these A&M tackles, they're straight up beasting right now.

Honestly, last night was the first time I saw Texas A&M play. Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the A&M OL against a 'Bama defense that is always loaded with NFL quality talent.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I'll work on a mock draft hopefully tomorrow. With Webster clearly on the decline, and this being a passing league, I'd like the Giants to go after Xavier Rhodes or David Amerson in the first round. Two 6'1"+ 205+ pound corners. Seattle is having success with big corners that can get physical with receivers. Both Amukamara and Hosely are a bit undersized, so I'd like to bring in a big guy to compliment them, and solidify the secondary for years to come.

We need more CB's. Webster is getting bad and Hosley is playing like he doesn't want to be in the league for very long...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a big FSU fan i like hearing some Seminoles names thrown around...

Tank Carradine is similar to a JPP...tall and rangy with not a lot of experience at a high level of football. Was going to be a 3rd DE this year until Brandon Jenkins went down. He has been a freak this year. great pass rush skills and he is very hard to get around the outside. he is always around the ball. i don't think we target him but JPP and Tank at DE's would be scary good athleticism.

Xavier Rhodes is a big physical CB. He is usually on the other teams #1 WR. Honestly teams don't seem to throw a lot to his side so you don't hear a lot coverage wise but he is very good at coming up and making tackles in the run game or short passing game. Not sure what round he will be going and also have never seen a 40 time on him. Not sure if he has top end speed.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

We won't have a chance at Rhodes, but I don't mind that because I think Amerson and Trufant will be better anyway. Would love to see Amerson in the first or if not, Trufant in the second.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Gmen wrote:

We won't have a chance at Rhodes, but I don't mind that because I think Amerson and Trufant will be better anyway. Would love to see Amerson in the first or if not, Trufant in the second.

Trufant, in my opinion, is much more talented then the other two, and since we'll be picking 32nd I wouldn't mind taking him there. But I like where we're going I'm going to be doing a mock soon, probably today. I like the talent of the OL, DL, and little in the first round LB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
to add to the offensive line conversation:

Barret Jones, 'bama. versatile lineman would be incredibly valuable from the first day and can fill multiple needs. top-line experience coming from the SEC is an added bonus.

EDIT: also, i know we talk about this every once in a blue moon, but how about Johnny Manziel? today vs alabama is the fourth time this season that i've gotten to watch this kid. holy cow. i know it isn't a "true" pro style offense, but this kid is a flat-out baller. is there any possibility that we look for him as Eli's eventual successor in 3 years? (Eli will be 32 + 3 years, + 3 years to learn = Eli @ 38yo...) 6'1", so not the "ideal" height that scouts look for in qbs, so is it possible that he slips far enough for us to pick him up?

just thinkin, and thought i'd get some conversation going since its been dead around here lately... Razz

I live in SEC country so I see a lot of A&M now. He is, in your word, a baller, I see that clutch gene and A&M isn't really leaning on him yet so I don't know yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order.

OL- DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack
RB-Cierre Wood
WR-Marquise Lee-USC
TE- Tyler Eifert-ND
LB- Manti Te'o, Cj Mosley
CB- David Amerson
S- TJ Mcdonald, Robert Lester

Hakeem Nicks AKA Straight BALLIN!!!!
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey_80 wrote:
In no particular order.

OL- DJ Fluker, Chance Warmack
RB-Cierre Wood
WR-Marquise Lee-USC
TE- Tyler Eifert-ND
LB- Manti Te'o, Cj Mosley
CB- David Amerson
S- TJ Mcdonald, Robert Lester

Lee is a true sophomore homie. Eifert, Mosley, and Te'o are most likely not going to be there in the later first round. Fluker is more of second day prospect and Chance Warmack might be there but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Prospect that would be available aren't a huge drop off in the first round, Alec Ogletree ILB and, Zach Ertz and Joseph Fauria are good prospects at TE. They are both huge and talented receivers. Capable of being good down field targets and Fauria really reminds me of Graham just one of my opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand Correct Marqise Lee is a sophomore. I thought he was a red shirt sophmore. But in his place Terrance Willams from Baylor. About 6'1 and better than Josh Gordon who is turning out to be an player for Cleveland. I truly don't believe we go TE in the first round. We have much more pressing needs. OT,CB,LB,S,WR. And also don't be surprised if we choose a DE in the 1st round like in 2010 when we drafted JPP.

Hakeem Nicks AKA Straight BALLIN!!!!
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey_80 wrote:
Stand Correct Marqise Lee is a sophomore. I thought he was a red shirt sophmore. But in his place Terrance Willams from Baylor. About 6'1 and better than Josh Gordon who is turning out to be an player for Cleveland. I truly don't believe we go TE in the first round. We have much more pressing needs. OT,CB,LB,S,WR. And also don't be surprised if we choose a DE in the 1st round like in 2010 when we drafted JPP.

OT is our biggest need. Beatty has locked down our left side. We might need a safety because we dont know if we will get KP back.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: