Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers, Sanders fined $50,000 for fake injury; Other fines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keleth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
This is a result of the NFL's absolutely moronic rules in the first place...

Peko - or whomever it was that was hitting Ben - continued to hit him while he was down resulting in Ben CLEARLY being in pain. However, Ben could not leave the field otherwise it would have cost the team a timeout and/or Ben for a play on a crucial 3rd down on the next play. So he told Sanders to go down so that he - the 3rd receiver - would have to leave as opposed to the star quarterback...

So you admit it was more the fact Ben would have been missing for a play if they didn't want to waste a TO.
Funnily enough I wouldn't say calling a TO to treat your injured star QB is actually a waste of a TO.
Or do you think they should have stopped the game until Ben was ok again ?
What would you actually have liked to have happened in this situation ?
ChiefsFtw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprising most Steeler fans are bitching about this fine. this is some real pansy crap....
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Peko - or whomever it was that was hitting Ben - continued to hit him while he was down resulting in Ben CLEARLY being in pain. However, Ben could not leave the field otherwise it would have cost the team a timeout and/or Ben for a play on a crucial 3rd down on the next play. So he told Sanders to go down so that he - the 3rd receiver - would have to leave as opposed to the star quarterback...

So you admit it was more the fact Ben would have been missing for a play if they didn't want to waste a TO.
Funnily enough I wouldn't say calling a TO to treat your injured star QB is actually a waste of a TO.

Exactly what did happen is 100% fine with me. Had the Bengals did it I wouldn't have had a problem with it. This isn't two Giants simultaneously going down because the defense couldn't hang. It was a player was actually injured but did not want to come out on a crucial play so a less significant player went out. I don't mind that it was fined. I'm more worried that this is yet another example of the Steelers being the first team fined under the Goodell era.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!

Last edited by BlaqOptic on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiefsFtw wrote:
surprising most Steeler fans are bitching about this fine. this is some real pansy crap....

Please don't speak on matters unless you actually know what happened... Rolling Eyes

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
Again, I will have absolutely no problem with this if Victor Cruz gets fined.

1. He didn't do it to get a free time out. Different situations.
2. I don't recall this so it is a genuined question. Are you sure he didn't hit his head on the ground with kind of a whiplash? That could do it too.

1.) It's not a different situation at all. He faked an injury in order to curry favor with the referrees. If anything his faking was more egregious as it warranted a new set of downs resulting in 7 points instead of 3.

2.) His head didn't hit the ground. Had he lingered in pain it wouldn't have an issue but he conciouslly rolled his eyes into the back of his head and held his arms up in a mock-concust state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVv8yqkt6pw

At 00:16 you can see him holding his arms still as if concust and he closes/rolls his eyes.

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Next play Ben converts a 3rd down and the Steelers drive to win. So you know what I have to say to Goodell? He can Andrew Luck himself. How about that?

I don't get it. Because Ben got hit and was hurt, you think it's justifiable for him to tell another player to pretend to be hurt so he doesn't have to go off the field?

So you're telling me if Tom Brady was hurt but did not want to miss a key 3rd down in a 1-score game you wouldn't be upset if he told whomever your 3rd receiver is to go out so he could stay in?

Again, if Cruz is fined I have ABSOLUTELY no issue with this. However, it just seems way too coincidental that the Pittsburgh Steelers have been the first organization fined for 4 of Goodell's new policy violations.

BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, Victor Cruz got nailed.

I hate the Giants, but seriously. He got destroyed. No way you fine him.

For faking a concussion in this day and age? I think you certainly do. Getting hit in the ribs doesn't knock one out and cause their arms to remain still as if knocked out.

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely saw a bee take out his ACL.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are Steelers fans making a big deal out of the fine? It's not your money and there wasn't a penalty called for it. Pretty clearly a faked injury.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, Victor Cruz got nailed.

I hate the Giants, but seriously. He got destroyed. No way you fine him.

For faking a concussion in this day and age? I think you certainly do. Getting hit in the ribs doesn't knock one out and cause their arms to remain still as if knocked out.

You want Cruz to be fined for having the wind knocked out of him?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiefsFtw wrote:

Nihc wrote:
Why are Steelers fans making a big deal out of the fine? It's not your money and there wasn't a penalty called for it. Pretty clearly a faked injury.

Comments like these are just ridiculous

You guys do realize there are only TWO Steeler fans in this entire thread complaining about the fine, right? So Im not sure why youre asking why "Steeler fans" are making a big deal out of it. Most Steeler fans Ive heard from dont have a huge issue with it. Obviously there are some fans that are complaining, but there would be some from EVERY fanbase in this situation.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Next play Ben converts a 3rd down and the Steelers drive to win. So you know what I have to say to Goodell? He can Andrew Luck himself. How about that?

I don't get it. Because Ben got hit and was hurt, you think it's justifiable for him to tell another player to pretend to be hurt so he doesn't have to go off the field?

So you're telling me if Tom Brady was hurt but did not want to miss a key 3rd down in a 1-score game you wouldn't be upset if he told whomever your 3rd receiver is to go out so he could stay in?

Again, if Cruz is fined I have ABSOLUTELY no issue with this. However, it just seems way too coincidental that the Pittsburgh Steelers have been the first organization fined for 4 of Goodell's new policy violations.

I wouldn't have an issue with it but I also wouldn't complain about the entirely justifiable fine, either.

ELRammy
Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Keleth wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Exactly what did happen is 100% fine with me. Had the Bengals did it I wouldn't have had a problem with it. This isn't two Giants simultaneously going down because the defense couldn't hang. It was a player was actually injured but did not want to come out on a crucial play so a less significant player went out. I don't mind that it was fined. I'm more worried that this is yet another example of the Steelers being the first team fined under the Goodell era.

You still haven't said what should be done in this sort of situation,you refer to the "NFL's absolutely moronic rules" yet don't give an alternative to this.
Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
ChiefsFtw wrote:

Nihc wrote:

Comments like these are just ridiculous

You guys do realize there are only TWO Steeler fans in this entire thread complaining about the fine, right? So Im not sure why youre asking why "Steeler fans" are making a big deal out of it. Most Steeler fans Ive heard from dont have a huge issue with it. Obviously there are some fans that are complaining, but there would be some from EVERY fanbase in this situation.

Because unfortunately those 2 fans always seem to shout the longest on loudest about the NFL persecution of the Steelers.
1 of them and you can probably guess which 1 will complain about the NFL and Goodell in particular whenever the opportunity arises,often attributing anything to Goodell even though Goodell has nothing to do with it.
Unfortunately that has led to these 2 fans being synonymous with all Steelers fans opinions.Although this is most times not the case that is how it appears to other fans on this forum.
As the saying goes there is always 1 and unfortunately in this case that is definitely true.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I definitely saw a bee take out his ACL.

Winner of this thread.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: