Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Da$hon Goldson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
WAR DASHON

That sig is a tad creepy thanks to the blur. If it weren't for the facemask I couldn't tell if he's bending forward or backward. Such an odd angle for a back.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.

And others were acting like Goldson didn't benefit from playing on a great defense.
maybe he helped make it a great defense. Goldson has been making plays since he was drafted.

I disagree with that. He has only been good over the last two seasons. In 2010, he had a bad year, and in 09, outside of two games in which he padded his stats, he was very much a liability. And the two years prior he just wasn't a factor at all. I think he's the player who has benifitted the most from playing behind a great front 7 and in a great scheme brought in by Fangio.
Well maybe he wasn't as good back then but we didn't have a great defense back then either. He still made plays regardless and showed us a glimpse of what the future had in store.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.

And others were acting like Goldson didn't benefit from playing on a great defense.
maybe he helped make it a great defense. Goldson has been making plays since he was drafted.

I disagree with that. He has only been good over the last two seasons. In 2010, he had a bad year, and in 09, outside of two games in which he padded his stats, he was very much a liability. And the two years prior he just wasn't a factor at all. I think he's the player who has benifitted the most from playing behind a great front 7 and in a great scheme brought in by Fangio.
Well maybe he wasn't as good back then but we didn't have a great defense back then either. He still made plays regardless and showed us a glimpse of what the future had in store.

Tramaine Brock has made plays too. Do you figure he has a bright future ahead of him?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good S are hard to find an teams will be willing to give him the money he wants if he hits FA. I say lock him up an if he is demanding to much Franchise him worst case scenario u trade him. Could let Rogers go to clear room to sign other guys long term

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Tramaine Brock has made plays too. Do you figure he has a bright future ahead of him?
Goldson had some amazing games before he totally blew up. He was young then too and still learning the NFL. He's stepped his game up more and more each year since he's been in the league. Brock not so much.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Goldson had some amazing games before he totally blew up. He was young then too and still learning the NFL. He's stepped his game up more and more each year since he's been in the league. Brock not so much.

From his draft day until last year, I can only think of ONE great game, against Arizona in 09. It also happened to be a great game for many niners, including Ahmad Brooks, who probably had his best game ever that day. See the pattern here? He benefits more than any other of others playing great around him.

LANiner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

From his draft day until last year, I can only think of ONE great game, against Arizona in 09. It also happened to be a great game for many niners, including Ahmad Brooks, who probably had his best game ever that day. See the pattern here? He benefits more than any other of others playing great around him.

Exactly this

the guys was in the shelf learing the position and wasnt able to usurp the incumbent mark roman i shiver at writing that name he didnt make any plays his rookie year i almost laughed when i read that remark he only had his shot in 09 when singletary took over and it was some highs and mostly downs. i will be the first to admit that he has uped his game this year from last but i dont think hes worth the 8mil a year mark we still have to resign guys like BOWMAN Brown and Cully in the near future. if he takes a deal like brooks im game if not i dont know if anyones mentioned this but this will be the deepest safety draft in years. Bacari Rambo, TJ Mc donald, kenny Vacarro and Eric Reid are all pretty solid prospects that can be had in the first 2 rounds.

blast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to make another post regarding Dashon, but I saw one already made. What is every ones consensus of his performance thus far this season? From what I've seen he has been pretty lights out and those mind numbing hits he delivers...shivers.

Do we pay the man?
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
I was going to make another post regarding Dashon, but I saw one already made. What is every ones consensus of his performance thus far this season? From what I've seen he has been pretty lights out and those mind numbing hits he delivers...shivers.

Do we pay the man?

I'll love to keep Goldson around.

He's been playing at an elite level this year. Pay the man!!!

^Kempes^
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:

Do we pay the man?

Yes, no doubt we pay the man. The rest of the team loves him, and were campaigning for him to get signed this offseason. He definitely puts fears to opposing WRs which is great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no defensive guru, but were the Niners playing a lot of man-def against NO? It seemed like every deep throw Brees made, there were no help over the top.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blast wrote:
I'm no defensive guru, but were the Niners playing a lot of man-def against NO? It seemed like every deep throw Brees made, there were no help over the top.

Like every game, we mixed it up but we did put the CBs one on one in many situations. There were a few times we had deep safety help, and Brees still threw it up. This was very similar to the Packers game where Rodgers tested us deep at least five times. Teams that spread it out will force us to play more cover 0 or cover 1.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
blast wrote:

Like every game, we mixed it up but we did put the CBs one on one in many situations. There were a few times we had deep safety help, and Brees still threw it up. This was very similar to the Packers game where Rodgers tested us deep at least five times. Teams that spread it out will force us to play more cover 0 or cover 1.

Thanks for dropping the knowledge. I remember that play where Lance Moore was double covered and Brees made a perfect pass between two Niner defenders, that Moore couldn't locate.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the people that was saying he benefits from our stellar supporting cast and that we should be weary of giving him the big contract but I say we pay the man. Those big (legal) hits are going to be hard to replace plus he has shown really good awareness and hasnt made too many mistakes this year. very complete player. I want to keep everyone on our defense around for as long as possible.

We are pretty tight against the cap tho if i remember correctly tho
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
I was one of the people that was saying he benefits from our stellar supporting cast and that we should be weary of giving him the big contract but I say we pay the man. Those big (legal) hits are going to be hard to replace plus he has shown really good awareness and hasnt made too many mistakes this year. very complete player. I want to keep everyone on our defense around for as long as possible.

We are pretty tight against the cap tho if i remember correctly tho

Are we really that close to the cap next year? Willis' cap hit will go from 17 mil to around 2 or 3. That's at least 14 millions in cap relief, right there. We might (and should) renegotiate Justin as well. Crabtree is heading into his last year too, so maybe we take care of that. We might even release or trade Alex, that's 9 million. And Dashon would likely get less in the first year than his current franchise tag money. Most of the team is already locked up beyond 2013, so we don't have many major re-signs to do, beside Dashon. I don't think we're strapped for cash.

The question wasn't whether we had the money to pay him or not. It has always been a matter of what he feels he's worth vs what the team is willing to pay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: