Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Da$hon Goldson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7837
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
funny how tones have changed
yup. Guys around here thought he was easily to replace.



I was one of those guys, and its not so much that he would be easy to replace, it was just simply that he had not shown enough on the field to warrant a giant contract. We wanted to see more before committing so much to one guy when there are plenty of other players who will need new contracts soon.. And obviously the FO felt the same way. If he continues this play all year, I epuld be happy to see him get a new deal and remain a 49er for years to come... Something like Brooks' contract would be ideal.. Lots of escalators and incentives based on production.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/3/3/2841198/ahmad-brooks-contract-more-details-on-the-49ers-complicated-deal
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13267
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
funny how tones have changed
yup. Guys around here thought he was easily to replace.



I was one of those guys, and its not so much that he would be easy to replace, it was just simply that he had not shown enough on the field to warrant a giant contract. We wanted to see more before committing so much to one guy when there are plenty of other players who will need new contracts soon.. And obviously the FO felt the same way. If he continues this play all year, I epuld be happy to see him get a new deal and remain a 49er for years to come... Something like Brooks' contract would be ideal.. Lots of escalators and incentives based on production.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/3/3/2841198/ahmad-brooks-contract-more-details-on-the-49ers-complicated-deal



This is exactly what I said last season. Brooks' contract is what I wanted the Goldson deal to be modeled after. Make the final number look good, with lots of fluff. That's BaalRathe's job to come up with numbers that will both appeal to Goldson's ego (because fluff is all about ego) and be team-friendly. They did it with Brooks. They did it with Carlos, to a lesser extent. They can do it with Goldson.

And steady, no one said Goldson would be easy to replace. I personally said that if I had to choose between replacing Goldson or Navorro Bowman, I'd rather replace Goldson. Bowman IS harder to replace.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9025
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13267
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.



And others were acting like Goldson didn't benefit from playing on a great defense.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9025
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.



And others were acting like Goldson didn't benefit from playing on a great defense.
maybe he helped make it a great defense. Goldson has been making plays since he was drafted.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13267
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
There were guys here saying that we could draft a guy and he could replace him. They were acting like this was a plug and play defense.



And others were acting like Goldson didn't benefit from playing on a great defense.
maybe he helped make it a great defense. Goldson has been making plays since he was drafted.



I disagree with that. He has only been good over the last two seasons. In 2010, he had a bad year, and in 09, outside of two games in which he padded his stats, he was very much a liability. And the two years prior he just wasn't a factor at all. I think he's the player who has benifitted the most from playing behind a great front 7 and in a great scheme brought in by Fangio.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39986
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at the ego stroking and piousness over Goldson!

Things get twisted as usual.. but pretty much everyone thought of Dashon as a good safety... but an 8 mil per year safety? Eh.. that's where resistance was found. 5 or 6 year deal with lots of guaranteed money? Yeah... resistance was there and legitimate.

Strut yo stuff while twisting it all.. go head, bruh. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
c0insnap


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 14859
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
LOL at the ego stroking and piousness over Goldson!

Things get twisted as usual.. but pretty much everyone thought of Dashon as a good safety... but an 8 mil per year safety? Eh.. that's where resistance was found. 5 or 6 year deal with lots of guaranteed money? Yeah... resistance was there and legitimate.

Strut yo stuff while twisting it all.. go head, bruh. Laughing


Your typing is waking up Alex, bruh.
_________________

Beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mrscottso


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 10061
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stated before that he is a top 5 safety, and obviosly I still feel that way. Pay the man. Do we have to wait until the season is over?
_________________


BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39986
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
LOL at the ego stroking and piousness over Goldson!

Things get twisted as usual.. but pretty much everyone thought of Dashon as a good safety... but an 8 mil per year safety? Eh.. that's where resistance was found. 5 or 6 year deal with lots of guaranteed money? Yeah... resistance was there and legitimate.

Strut yo stuff while twisting it all.. go head, bruh. Laughing


Your typing is waking up Alex, bruh.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39986
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
I have stated before that he is a top 5 safety, and obviosly I still feel that way. Pay the man. Do we have to wait until the season is over?


Yep. Have to wait till the offseason. Will be interesting to see what happens.

My guess? We try to keep him from going to FA with a 6 mil per year offer.. he listens to his agent on not signing.. we end up F-tagging him again for the 7+ million.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrscottso


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 10061
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
LOL at the ego stroking and piousness over Goldson!

Things get twisted as usual.. but pretty much everyone thought of Dashon as a good safety... but an 8 mil per year safety? Eh.. that's where resistance was found. 5 or 6 year deal with lots of guaranteed money? Yeah... resistance was there and legitimate.

Strut yo stuff while twisting it all.. go head, bruh. Laughing


Your typing is waking up Alex, bruh.




LMAO!
_________________


BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8985
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really related to Goldson.
But Reggie smith left to Carolina dm was then cut. He's still a fa. He wasn't great here, but spillman, mcbath, and Robinson...
I like Robinson cuzz he's a rookie but he's definately better than the other two.

Lots of teams have weak safety's, surprised he's still a fa
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9097
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAR DASHON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9025
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
I have stated before that he is a top 5 safety, and obviosly I still feel that way. Pay the man. Do we have to wait until the season is over?


Yep. Have to wait till the offseason. Will be interesting to see what happens.

My guess? We try to keep him from going to FA with a 6 mil per year offer.. he listens to his agent on not signing.. we end up F-tagging him again for the 7+ million.
I don't think we'll do that to him again. I think this time around we'll lock him up. I don't think we'll make him unhappy and tag him again. It's good business. Either we offer him the fair market value or let him walk. Worst case scenario is to let him walk away.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group