Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cecil Shorts III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4704
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Blackmon will finish around 800 yards. When MJD comes back, we're gonna go back to pounding the rock, taking opportunities away from Blackmon and Shorts.

I don't agree with it but that's probably what's going to happen. Remember when we said the only thing to look forward to the rest of the season was the progression from Blaine? It's now Cecil and Blackmon. Keep throwing the football.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig


Last edited by KhanYouDigIt on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45192
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love it if both of them got to 1,000 yards. That's something that would really make things for next year much more optimistic.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41525
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's it like knowing you have a future GOAT?

I'm jelly.
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82438
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I would absolutely love it if both of them got to 1,000 yards. That's something that would really make things for next year much more optimistic.


blackmon has a ways to go, but its definitely exciting.

As for Khan's comment, i think MJD will be kept more fresh than expected, we finally have people to take the pressure off him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45192
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I would absolutely love it if both of them got to 1,000 yards. That's something that would really make things for next year much more optimistic.


blackmon has a ways to go, but its definitely exciting.
90.4 yards per game is all he needs. It won't be easy by any means, but a big game or two would make it much more possible.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82438
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I would absolutely love it if both of them got to 1,000 yards. That's something that would really make things for next year much more optimistic.


blackmon has a ways to go, but its definitely exciting.
90.4 yards per game is all he needs. It won't be easy by any means, but a big game or two would make it much more possible.


another 200+ yards against houston would be nice but we dont play them again Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20581
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just made an interesting point on Twitter...

Though we obviously shouldn't count on it or anything... what if Kevin Elliot make a similar jump next year as Shorts did this year?
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45192
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Someone just made an interesting point on Twitter...

Though we obviously shouldn't count on it or anything... what if Kevin Elliot make a similar jump next year as Shorts did this year?
GOAT receiving corps.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34784
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Someone just made an interesting point on Twitter...

Though we obviously shouldn't count on it or anything... what if Kevin Elliot make a similar jump next year as Shorts did this year?
GOAT receiving corps.


The bigger question is, while Blackmon needs improving what if BOTH he and Elliot take the Sophomore leap?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20581
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Someone just made an interesting point on Twitter...

Though we obviously shouldn't count on it or anything... what if Kevin Elliot make a similar jump next year as Shorts did this year?
GOAT receiving corps.


The bigger question is, while Blackmon needs improving what if BOTH he and Elliot take the Sophomore leap?


Then even I could be the QB. Wink
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't like Henne at QB if that happens, but being able to develop WRs like that would be nice. It means we wouldn't have to overpay them before they hit free agency and could just renew and make our WR corps stronger through the draft.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34784
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Someone just made an interesting point on Twitter...

Though we obviously shouldn't count on it or anything... what if Kevin Elliot make a similar jump next year as Shorts did this year?
GOAT receiving corps.


The bigger question is, while Blackmon needs improving what if BOTH he and Elliot take the Sophomore leap?


Then even I could be the QB. Wink


panty dropper.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm chiming in late, but the guy has that something. I'm not sure what it is, but he just looks so comfortable on the field.

I still think we need another weapon on the outside (maybe just the pre-draft feelings on Blackmon), to truly make this offense a tough matchup.

I'm certain Henne will be leading the offense into the future, and I'm not sure Blaine isn't the guy, but the weapons seem to be coming together.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4704
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
I know I'm chiming in late, but the guy has that something. I'm not sure what it is, but he just looks so comfortable on the field.

I still think we need another weapon on the outside (maybe just the pre-draft feelings on Blackmon), to truly make this offense a tough matchup.

I'm certain Henne will be leading the offense into the future, and I'm not sure Blaine isn't the guy, but the weapons seem to be coming together.


BTW, he (Cecil) is the one thing we take pride in, in this forum.

You never, ever talk bad about Cecil Shorts III.


Thought I'd let you know since you've been gone.
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
I know I'm chiming in late, but the guy has that something. I'm not sure what it is, but he just looks so comfortable on the field.

I still think we need another weapon on the outside (maybe just the pre-draft feelings on Blackmon), to truly make this offense a tough matchup.

I'm certain Henne will be leading the offense into the future, and I'm not sure Blaine isn't the guy, but the weapons seem to be coming together.


BTW, he (Cecil) is the one thing we take pride in, in this forum.

You never, ever talk bad about Cecil Shorts III.


Thought I'd let you know since you've been gone.


Really? I apparently was around last season.

* I also meant that I was't sure about Henne
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group