Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts about the officiating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrywhigham25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Thoughts about the officiating? Reply with quote

Hey guys, Pats fan here. Just wanted to know your thoughts about the officiating today. To me, it was brutal. I hate to watch a game like that and I feel it was very one sided. To me, let the players play and decide who the better team is.

For the most part, I think refs in the NFL do a good job and replay is there for when they make mistakes. But the pass interference call is not reviewable and sometimes can basically give a team a TD, or sustain a drive. Some of the past interference calls today in the first half were horrendous calls, and, even though the went the Pats way, not enjoyable to watch. To me, I wish they could review these calls even though they are judgment calls because so often, they are such pivotal calls.

Today was a poorly officiated game and I hate to say it, one sided against Buffalo. Thoughts?
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally feel like there were some very bad calls today, some that happened to be rather costly. In the end though, we made enough mistakes on our own that hindered our ability to overcome those few calls. A couple of the PI penalties were clearly uncatchable balls, giving the Pats a first down on the 1. It's hard to stop ANYONE at the 1, let alone the Patriots, and it's frustrating to give an offense like that ANY free yards. It was almost as if Brady could just throw it anywhere in the general direction and the call could be made, especially on that deep ball. That's a 30 something yard penalty right there.

Officiating can be overly blamed, or it can be discounted too much. There's a fine line, but officiating can certainly decide a game regardless of how much anyone would like to downplay the complete effects of bad calls and inconsistency. If you're going to call a tight game, do it on both sides. They were blind to the hold when it came to the NE offense. Anyway....that being said, I don't necessarily think that they decided today's game per say, but they didn't make it easy on us by any means.

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This speaks for itself. The worse part is that these refs huddled together and all agreed that it could have been caught.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beginning of the game = brutal

Later in the game = standard officiating

Its easy to say "we lost because of the refs" or "the refs are against us"

Sure it made a HUGE difference, but we got the game close enough and we had our chances and missed it..

Officials are part of the game, we just have to roll with it..

On a side note: a recent study:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-study-finds-majority-of-[inappropriate/removed]-calls-go-to-o,29816/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PI call against Gilmore in the endzone was a blown call. Just a terrible call by the official.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys on the situation. I loved how Dan Fouts was basicaly laughing at how bad the calls were. The one thing that frustrated me with the calls is that our Secondary were always second guessing the officals in the second half and could not be to physical with their recievers.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
larrywhigham25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

appreciate the candid replies. One of the local Boston guys (forget who) said it looked like the replacement refs were back. They were awful, and they looked like they simply had no idea what was going on. Total lack of organization.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: