Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Among NFL Best: PFF Ranking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Okung is more than decent, he is very good, and probably will be a top 10 tackle for his career. He could be pushed out of it with future drafts.
2 - Trent needs to prove over the long-term that he can stay drug free AND keep up his current level of play (with improvement).
3 - e16 called for Trent earlier in the draft pocess than anyone here - I wanted Anthony Davis, but almost all wanted Okung - speaking strictly about OT prospects. He was spot on with the selection, and now that we have seen it for close to 16 games (since last season) it is easy to see why.

In my view, Okung is close to a Chris Samuels like player, very good but not elite where as Trent has a good chance to be elite for his career because of his rare physical skills. He might be the most athletic tackle in the league, and that will be a pivotal element in this offense becoming elite. If Trent continues on the current trajectory, he is the better tackle for a Shanahan offense and could be the best tackle in the league in a couple of years.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but Russell Okung is a nobody compared to Trent Williams. Trent Williams should be compared to guys like Ryan Clady or Duane Brown, both of which I actually think he's been more impressive than this year. Trent's a beast. He does it all. He can pass block, he can run block physically, he's outstanding getting to the 2nd level. Russell Okung will never be the player Trent Williams has been this year.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm happy for Trent. It took him 3 years to grow up from his childish behaviors of his adolescence but it seems he's finally arrived.

That's something we wouldn't have had to worry with Okung. Okung has already anchored a Seattle OL that led the Seahawks to a playoff win over the Saints when he was a rookie in 2010. Okung wouldn't be on his leg (suspension wise) with the NFL.

Oh well. I'm cool with Trent but I still like Okung's character better, his work eithic, consistency and that he hasn't been in trouble.

Okung's only problem were his ankles early on. But I don't think he has a problem now. Trent's had a few injuries as well, so to me that area is basically a wash.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong? Okung is nowhere near as dominant a LT as Trent Williams, it's not even close. Okung is decent but he is not an elite LT nor will he ever be.
i would if I thought I was wrong. To my knowledge Okung hasn't given up a sack all year. At least that's what I read in the article I posted. How do you get any more elite that that?

He and Trent are both in the running for a pro bowl, except Okung doesn't have off the field concerns.

Trent smoked weed one and suddenly he's the worst thing of all time? Let alone the fact hes' one of the best tackles (rated as such) in the NFl.

Can you admit for once won your of your guys as wrong?
i admit I'm wrong all the time and why should I,have to admit I'm wrong to please you?

Trent got tested multiple times positive. If the nflpa didn't step in (which 99% of this form hates) and get the suspension reduced, neither Trent nor Davis would have played this year.

You guys really don't understand how close it was to that happening.

Okung hasn't given up a sack all year and I'm supposed to sit here and think He and Trent aren't comparable as LTs.... Confused

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
1 - Okung is more than decent, he is very good, and probably will be a top 10 tackle for his career. He could be pushed out of it with future drafts.
2 - Trent needs to prove over the long-term that he can stay drug free AND keep up his current level of play (with improvement).
3 - e16 called for Trent earlier in the draft pocess than anyone here - I wanted Anthony Davis, but almost all wanted Okung - speaking strictly about OT prospects. He was spot on with the selection, and now that we have seen it for close to 16 games (since last season) it is easy to see why.

In my view, Okung is close to a Chris Samuels like player, very good but not elite where as Trent has a good chance to be elite for his career because of his rare physical skills. He might be the most athletic tackle in the league, and that will be a pivotal element in this offense becoming elite. If Trent continues on the current trajectory, he is the better tackle for a Shanahan offense and could be the best tackle in the league in a couple of years.
i can agree with that Footy. Great post my man. In that draft I wanted the more safe pick (okung) than the risk in TWill. That's me though, I'm not a huge risk taker in my everyday life.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I'm sorry but Russell Okung is a nobody compared to Trent Williams. Trent Williams should be compared to guys like Ryan Clady or Duane Brown, both of which I actually think he's been more impressive than this year. Trent's a beast. He does it all. He can pass block, he can run block physically, he's outstanding getting to the 2nd level. Russell Okung will never be the player Trent Williams has been this year.
okung hasn't given up a sack though. That's pretty impressive. I agree with footy's and your comparisons. Good job guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: