Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Among NFL Best: PFF Ranking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Trent Among NFL Best: PFF Ranking Reply with quote

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/11/08/pff-trent-williams-among-best-in-nfl/

Quote:
The left tackle was recently ranked by Pro Football Focus as one of the best players in the league this season in their “2012 Top 51″ list.

So where did Williams rank, exactly?

He fell at No. 28 overall — third among NFL left tackles, and is the only Redskins player on the list.

Not to shabby. I thought his season was going unnoticed by the media. But hes pulling in his deserved accolades.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have thought that Trent was finally settling into his own and playing at a high level this year. If we had another T that doing the same, we might actually say our OL is relatively good.

All he has to do is keep it up.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so we made a great pick taking him over Russell Okung..right ?
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

I never was a fan of Okung. Still don't think he's very good.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I seem to remember he was the top choice of this board..
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Okung is great when healthy.
Nobody knew he was just never going to be healthy is all. Laughing

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I wanted Sam Bradford. I didn't see what was so great about Okung when watching his highlights...
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I was a fan of Okung over everyone in that draft except Ndamukong Suh. That includes Sam Bradford. I was NOT a fan of any QB in that draft, and I'm rather pleased that we passed on possibly trading up for Bradford. Okung has played well for the Seahawks, minus being like Orakpo in the fact that they both have pectoral issues. Am I satisfied with Trent? Yes and no. On the field, he's played well, but he HAS to stay clean off the field. (Please no references to Washington and Colorado! Please!)
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 40 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

That's what I was ????
And real happy TW has developed like we hoped. It's up to him now to show he has matured and it's not all talk
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for Trent. It took him 3 years to grow up from his childish behaviors of his adolescence but it seems he's finally arrived.

That's something we wouldn't have had to worry with Okung. Okung has already anchored a Seattle OL that led the Seahawks to a playoff win over the Saints when he was a rookie in 2010. Okung wouldn't be on his last leg (suspension wise) with the NFL.

Oh well. I'm cool with Trent but I still like Okung's character better, his work eithic, consistency and that he hasn't been in trouble.

Okung's only problem were his ankles early on and he hurt his pec, but hes back now and having a great season. I don't think he has a problems now. Trent's had a few injuries as well, so to me that area is basically a wash.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Pro Caliber Trent >>> Good(but never healthy) Okung. Simple as that

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
All Pro Caliber Trent >>> Good(but never healthy) Okung. Simple as that

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-08/seattle-seahawks-russell-okung-left-tackle-fantasy-football-week-10

Russell Okung making push for the pro bowl Confused

Quote:
There have been no red flags in terms of pass protection, though. Okung, the No. 4 overall pick from the 2010 NFL Draft, has yet to allow a sack in nine games.

Just as importantly, he has been healthy after missing 10 regular-season games over his first two seasons. Injuries to both ankles plagued him in 2010. A torn pectoral muscle ended his season after 12 games in 2011.

I know this is about Trent but this stood out to me... Cool

Quote:
33. Jairus Byrd, S, BUF

There aren’t many safeties who twice make plays to win a game (as Byrd was forced to do against Arizona). A true play-making safety, he looks primed to fill the void Ed Reed leaves when he retires. So very good in coverage that you can look past some of the bad angles he takes in the run game.

Key Stat: Given up just 90 yards into his primary coverage this year.
seriously, we have to get this guy!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm happy for Trent. It took him 3 years to grow up from his childish behaviors of his adolescence but it seems he's finally arrived.

That's something we wouldn't have had to worry with Okung. Okung has already anchored a Seattle OL that led the Seahawks to a playoff win over the Saints when he was a rookie in 2010. Okung wouldn't be on his leg (suspension wise) with the NFL.

Oh well. I'm cool with Trent but I still like Okung's character better, his work eithic, consistency and that he hasn't been in trouble.

Okung's only problem were his ankles early on. But I don't think he has a problem now. Trent's had a few injuries as well, so to me that area is basically a wash.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong? Okung is nowhere near as dominant a LT as Trent Williams, it's not even close. Okung is decent but he is not an elite LT nor will he ever be.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

That's something we wouldn't have had to worry with Okung. Okung has already anchored a Seattle OL that led the Seahawks to a playoff win over the Saints when he was a rookie in 2010. Okung wouldn't be on his leg (suspension wise) with the NFL.

Okung's only problem were his ankles early on. But I don't think he has a problem now. Trent's had a few injuries as well, so to me that area is basically a wash.

Why can't you just admit you were wrong? Okung is nowhere near as dominant a LT as Trent Williams, it's not even close. Okung is decent but he is not an elite LT nor will he ever be.
i would if I thought I was wrong. To my knowledge Okung hasn't given up a sack all year. At least that's what I read in the article I posted. How do you get any more elite that that?

He and Trent are both in the running for a pro bowl, except Okung doesn't have off the field concerns.

Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i would if I thought I was wrong. To my knowledge Okung hasn't given up a sack all year. At least that's what I read in the article I posted. How do you get any more elite that that?

He and Trent are both in the running for a pro bowl, except Okung doesn't have off the field concerns.

Trent smoked weed one and suddenly he's the worst thing of all time? Let alone the fact hes' one of the best tackles (rated as such) in the NFl.

Can you admit for once won your of your guys as wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: