Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else here have sleeping trouble?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Anyone else here have sleeping trouble? Reply with quote

My problems- i'm not falling asleep until 5 or 6 am most days (almost 5 EST right now), it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep (been like this for years), usually get 7 or so hours of sleep a day, and i'm tired all day (yet unable to fall asleep). Although lately I've found myself getting tired at 8 PM or so, and wanting to take a nap. Sometimes i can take a nap for 30-60 mins, if i'm not in class. I go to night school from 7-10 most nights which is why i can afford such a late wake up.

Anyone else have sleeping problems, maybe something similar?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you against taking sleeping pills?

If not like I suggested in Wayta you could try melatonin ... when I need to get to bed I usually take 5mg of it and am out in around 15-20 minutes.

If you are against taking them I suggest cutting caffeine/carbs or anything overly sugary and trying to exhaust yourself during the day so its easier to fall asleep.

Bolieve in Masai
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else here have sleeping trouble? Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
My problems- i'm not falling asleep until 5 or 6 am most days (almost 5 EST right now), it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep (been like this for years), usually get 7 or so hours of sleep a day, and i'm tired all day (yet unable to fall asleep). Although lately I've found myself getting tired at 8 PM or so, and wanting to take a nap. Sometimes i can take a nap for 30-60 mins, if i'm not in class. I go to night school from 7-10 most nights which is why i can afford such a late wake up.

Anyone else have sleeping problems, maybe something similar?

I have a similar issue but it's my own doing since I drink a lot of caffeine and choose to stay up. Right now, with the schedule I have, it's not an issue. However, when I'm working, I adapt a much more regular sleep schedule(midnight to whenever I have to wake up for work).

So I wouldn't say I have a lot of trouble since it's easily changeable but I do have nights where I want to fall asleep but can't for a couple hours.

Right now, I can't sleep because I have the freaking flu. Went to sleep at 2 AM and woke up at 5 AM because of the coughing fits I was having. Can't fall asleep so I just gave up.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Dus10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only advice I have for you is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LJSFlMCTXE8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:

I don't even know what to say. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:

Thank you. So much.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take sleeping pills regularly, they're supposed to only be used once in a while.

Turn off the lights and just lay in your bed, making it as dark as possible so as to produce melatonin more quickly.

If all else fails, try hypnosis. If you're suggestible, it might work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my fair share of sleeping troubles, all the blame falls on me though. I just have horrible sleep hygiene and it's been a very bad habit of mine over the years. I'm usually good once I enter my bed, but entering my bed is the problem. I don't like the idea of "ending my day." Definitely don't take sleeping meds daily, I'd suggest you get yourself in a strict routine and eventually your body will adapt and it'll become easier and easier for you. It'd probably be fine to take something like zzzquil once in awhile (I'm guessing vicks realized that probably >50% of people buy nyquil for the sleeping effects. I'd assume they're saving money by not including the extra stuff that normally suppresses cough or relieves headaches found in nyquil.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need a white noise machine
BornToFly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having lots of problems falling and staying asleep lately. And I have to be alert for work related stuff, so it's difficult. I try and do zzzquill or advil PM but I have still been waking up, and it takes me a while to get back to sleep, seems as soon as I'm about back to sleep my alarm is going off and I have to be up for work. Alarm is set for 6am, and I usually don't get home until after 7pm, and I'm usually in bed by 9pm.

I'm hoping to get off of these pills and just be able to sleep again, I've never had problems before sleeping. 8-9 hours a night and I was good to go. I don't know if it's due to getting older and imbalances or stress at work ( there is some - and busy season is coming up quickly ) or stress in my life where my mind just races ( have been having some anxiety issues ) But yeah, trouble sleeping, check. It makes for extremely looooong days and makes me feel like crap cause I'm so tired.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have sleep apnea. So, yes. Yes, I have trouble sleeping.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue isn't really the same, but falls in line with sleeping troubles...

I fall asleep pretty easily and at a reasonable time (10PM-11:30PM on work days). I am the lightest sleeper though, I wake up to almost anything. Seriously, minimal sounds of a floor creek, heat turning on, car passing by on the street, etc.

I causes me to literally wake up 1-5 times a night. It sucks...

TommyC376 on the sig...
BornToFly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
My issue isn't really the same, but falls in line with sleeping troubles...

I fall asleep pretty easily and at a reasonable time (10PM-11:30PM on work days). I am the lightest sleeper though, I wake up to almost anything. Seriously, minimal sounds of a floor creek, heat turning on, car passing by on the street, etc.

I causes me to literally wake up 1-5 times a night. It sucks...

I wear ear plugs at night that helps with noises like that. Could give that a try?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem when I go to bed is that my mind goes into overdrive. I constantly think about anything and everything whether it be my personal life or just simple things like sports. I try to clear my mind and not think about anything but it doesn't work. It's almost like I can't turn off my mind so I can fall asleep. There are times where I just lay there for hours. It's frustrating but it's never been something that I need to take sleeping pills for or something that I need to seek a medical solution. It's just more of a nuisance than a real serious problem that others have.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Notmyfault

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[REMOVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: