Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking to 2013 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja vu, Derek Cox just picked off Schaub to save the game again, maybe give them a real chance to win it.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks is slated to be a UFA this offseason. He brings some versatility to the table having played several positions in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and has been able to get pressure on the quarterback throughout his career. I wouldn't be shocked if he was re-signed by the Dolphins but I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they let him test the free agent waters.

There are three DE candidates I really like :
Antonio Smith, Houston Texans, age 31 (if he is cut)
Terrance Knighton, Jacksonville Jaguars, 26 (UFA)
Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins, age 28 (UFA)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks is slated to be a UFA this offseason. He brings some versatility to the table having played several positions in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and has been able to get pressure on the quarterback throughout his career. I wouldn't be shocked if he was re-signed by the Dolphins but I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they let him test the free agent waters.

So Nic, Still want Campbell?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Well, I think they didn't properly adjust their offense for him was a large part of the problem, that and their poor line and the 49ers awesome d-line.

I think too often OC's don't adjust at all to the strengths of their back-ups, or more accurately their weaknesses. They just continue on calling the same plays for the back-up.

The 49ers did a great job of adjusting to Kaepernick's game, and the results showed.

Campbell is still just a back-up, and he's not a plug-and-play in any offense QB either. Depending on our HC/OC he may or may not fit.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Pretty much what Bigs said. Maybe now people will realize just how poor the Chicago offensive line really is. Campbell was thrown into a meat grinder last night. And I never thought he was a world beater but I valued him mostly for his experience and ability (and willingness) to serve as a backup at this point in his career. This is based on us drafting a rookie that we can start while having someone like Campbell to provide some stability behind the rookie without creating a scenario in the lockerroom where the veteran really wants to start and begins griping.

Campbell isn't a super sexy option, but look at who else is out there right now. If a Kevin Kolb shakes free for example, then we should consider him, but right now Campbell is the best out of a bunch of lackluster options.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Pretty much what Bigs said. Maybe now people will realize just how poor the Chicago offensive line really is. Campbell was thrown into a meat grinder last night. And I never thought he was a world beater but I valued him mostly for his experience and ability (and willingness) to serve as a backup at this point in his career. This is based on us drafting a rookie that we can start while having someone like Campbell to provide some stability behind the rookie without creating a scenario in the lockerroom where the veteran really wants to start and begins griping.

Campbell isn't a super sexy option, but look at who else is out there right now. If a Kevin Kolb shakes free for example, then we should consider him, but right now Campbell is the best out of a bunch of lackluster options.

Some people can't admit when they're wrong. It's okay Nic, we all have flaws man!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Some people can't admit when they're wrong. It's okay Nic, we all have flaws man!

My only flaw is I can't seem to get you out of my mind!

Wink

I am curious, how would you address the QB position this offseason?

Let me guess it involves signing Tom Brady who will be miraculously cut by the Patriots this offseason and be willing to sign with us. You are right, he would be a perfect candidate to start for us while Geno Smith gets prepared. Hell, maybe we can sign Joe Flacco if Brady doesn't shake loose, right?

Razz

Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the newly appointed Gm of the chiefs I would spend 7 draft picks on a QB. Have one massive battle in TC and whoever the last man standing is our QB.

Geno Smith vs Mike Glennon vs Landry Jones vs whoever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
If I were the newly appointed Gm of the chiefs I would spend 7 draft picks on a QB. Have one massive battle in TC and whoever the last man standing is our QB.

I'm honestly not sure there are 7 draftable qb's in this draft, and keep in mind we've got 8 picks this year. Very Happy

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

Geno vs Klein vs Stanzi is what I want.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

I'm honestly not sure there are 7 draftable qb's in this draft, and keep in mind we've got 8 picks this year. Very Happy

You also have no way of telling who the best game day QB will be just from TC and Preseason game and you can't keep every QB on your roster until you find out.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

We need a full back don't we? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: