Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
the top 2 DT's are 34 corner stone pieces IMO. thye are worthy of a trade up.

I see them being very good DTs in the NFL but neither are going to reach the elite level in the NFL IMO.

Also when has anyone every traded up for a 34 DE that wasn't Haloti Ngata for a measly 6th round pick and a foolish GM?

Richard Seymour is still the best 34 DE prospect and best 34 DE the NFL has seen since the start of his career(J.J. Watt keeps it up and he could pass him) and he only went 6th overall. Heck even J.J. Watt who I wanted 6th overall fell all the way to 11th. Haltoti Ngata fell to 12th. Ty Warren was 15th overall I believe.

I don't see anyone giving up extra picks to go get Lotulelei or Hankins when they aren't even one of the best Dlineman to come out in the last 5 years.

And Drew Carey I'm not saying this draft is awful I'm simply saying there are no Top 5 talents in this draft. There are some Top 10 talents but the elite type of prospects we have seen over the years are not in this years draft.

Jamison on the sig
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I see them being very good DTs in the NFL but neither are going to reach the elite level in the NFL IMO.

Also when has anyone every traded up for a 34 DE that wasn't Haloti Ngata for a measly 6th round pick and a foolish GM?

Richard Seymour is still the best 34 DE prospect and best 34 DE the NFL has seen since the start of his career(J.J. Watt keeps it up and he could pass him) and he only went 6th overall. Heck even J.J. Watt who I wanted 6th overall fell all the way to 11th. Haltoti Ngata fell to 12th. Ty Warren was 15th overall I believe.

I don't see anyone giving up extra picks to go get Lotulelei or Hankins when they aren't even one of the best Dlineman to come out in the last 5 years.

And Drew Carey I'm not saying this draft is awful I'm simply saying there are no Top 5 talents in this draft. There are some Top 10 talents but the elite type of prospects we have seen over the years are not in this years draft.

Im saying Manti Te'o is still my pick. I know what youre saying. I just think he will be the force at linebacker in this draft. Patrick Willis was a top 10-15 pick in the draft as well as JPP when he came out. They all impacted college games so Thats why I still pick him.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Im saying Manti Te'o is still my pick. I know what youre saying. I just think he will be the force at linebacker in this draft. Patrick Willis was a top 10-15 pick in the draft as well as JPP when he came out. They all impacted college games so Thats why I still pick him.

T'eo is no P- Willie

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
i dont think it is as bad as you are making it seem.

It is when you look at the guys talked about as being top 5. I think it has some depth for later rounds, but very weak up top.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I can get on board with Te'o for sure. We need a downhill linebacker and being that the draft is weak IMO you simply got to take the guy you like best. I said Te'o is 15-25 talent in most drafts but in this draft there are no dominant players in this draft I would have no problem with Te'o in the Top 10.

There only problem I would have with taking Te'o is the fact I believe there is a linebacker out there with a much higher ceiling. He is an impact player and gaining ground on Te'o as a prospect in a hurry. Alec Ogletree is a linebacker who has dominant linebacker potential. I don't have him as high as Te'o yet because I want to see more, but it is easy to see he has far more athletic ability.

He is also only a junior so he may not even declare.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I can get on board with Te'o for sure. We need a downhill linebacker and being that the draft is weak IMO you simply got to take the guy you like best. I said Te'o is 15-25 talent in most drafts but in this draft there are no dominant players in this draft I would have no problem with Te'o in the Top 10.

There only problem I would have with taking Te'o is the fact I believe there is a linebacker out there with a much higher ceiling. He is an impact player and gaining ground on Te'o as a prospect in a hurry. Alec Ogletree is a linebacker who has dominant linebacker potential. I don't have him as high as Te'o yet because I want to see more, but it is easy to see he has far more athletic ability.

Kam do you think Ogletrees athletic ability would allow him to play OLB

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

It is when you look at the guys talked about as being top 5. I think it has some depth for later rounds, but very weak up top.

I see a few elite players at the top of this draft, they just are not in the super sexy positions that some people want.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Easy. He has saftey like athletic ablility. He was actually the #2 saftey prospect in the country as a high school player and then played his freshman season as a free saftey. He has athletic ability to play any linebacker spot in a 34 or 43. Georgia has already been moving him to OLB opposite Jarvis Jones because Cornellius Washington was getting zero pressure.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

I see a few elite players at the top of this draft, they just are not in the super sexy positions that some people want.

Who do you have? Chance Warmack? He is a little overrated IMO. He is very intellegent and never misses his assignment but the overall athletic ability and strenght to dominant is not "elite". I'm not saying he is not going to be great because he will be great I just don't know that he will be elite.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Easy. He has saftey like athletic ablility. He was actually the #2 saftey prospect in the country as a high school player and then played his freshman season as a free saftey. He has athletic ability to play any linebacker spot in a 34 or 43. Georgia has already been moving him to OLB opposite Jarvis Jones because Cornellius Washington was getting zero pressure.

I would love to have an olb with safety athletic ability with MLB demeanor

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I would love to have an olb with safety athletic ability with MLB demeanor

I don't know if you are a fan of Lawrence Timmons or not but I would compare Ogletree most to Timmons.

Jamison on the sig
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Who do you have? Chance Warmack? He is a little overrated IMO. He is very intellegent and never misses his assignment but the overall athletic ability and strenght to dominant is not "elite". I'm not saying he is not going to be great because he will be great I just don't know that he will be elite.

There are multiple defensive front 7 players that the nfl scouts and raters love, and offensively there are some OL that are being spoken very highly of. The top two QBs, while not in the Luck category still rate very high. I have no doubt that the browns can come away with an elite player from the top of this draft.

Just because their is no star WR or CB for example in this draft to get everyone's juices flowing doesn't mean much to me. Especailly this early in the process. Seems like every year about this time we start hearing this same thing...

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I cry because of world hunger, the deficit, and racism. But most of the time I cry because Marquise Lee isn't eligible this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: