Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kiper's early draft picks for the A.F.C. North
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45100
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also imagine if CIN took Doug Martin instead of Kevin Zeitler
how pissed would you be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6987
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
also imagine if CIN took Doug Martin instead of Kevin Zeitler
how pissed would you be?


Read some people say we should take Martin over Richardson than keep all of our picks. Most drafts of the past anyone can rewrite.

How many teams are mad they passed on Tom Brady for at least 5 rounds? Talk about def. end I remember Courtney Brown. Been better for us to draft someone else. Most everyone was happy to get him though at the time. Injuries for guards are no different than injuries elsewhere they happen.

How many times have I heard you can get a good running back in the second round or lower? Hundreds of times.

Now no way would I trade Trent even up for Martin. Martin is good though.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 45100
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
also imagine if CIN took Doug Martin instead of Kevin Zeitler
how pissed would you be?


Read some people say we should take Martin over Richardson than keep all of our picks. Most drafts of the past anyone can rewrite.

How many teams are mad they passed on Tom Brady for at least 5 rounds? Talk about def. end I remember Courtney Brown. Been better for us to draft someone else. Most everyone was happy to get him though at the time. Injuries for guards are no different than injuries elsewhere they happen.

How many times have I heard you can get a good running back in the second round or lower? Hundreds of times.

Now no way would I trade Trent even up for Martin. Martin is good though.


Considering i wasn't against us drafting trent richardson at 3, and before my RGIII mancrush, richardson was my mancrush... i think you're either misremembering what i said or misinterpreting my words.

the point remains. they took a non impact position in the first round. they missed out on an impact player that they could use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6987
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
also imagine if CIN took Doug Martin instead of Kevin Zeitler
how pissed would you be?


Read some people say we should take Martin over Richardson than keep all of our picks. Most drafts of the past anyone can rewrite.

How many teams are mad they passed on Tom Brady for at least 5 rounds? Talk about def. end I remember Courtney Brown. Been better for us to draft someone else. Most everyone was happy to get him though at the time. Injuries for guards are no different than injuries elsewhere they happen.

How many times have I heard you can get a good running back in the second round or lower? Hundreds of times.

Now no way would I trade Trent even up for Martin. Martin is good though.


Considering i wasn't against us drafting trent richardson at 3, and before my RGIII mancrush, richardson was my mancrush... i think you're either misremembering what i said or misinterpreting my words.

the point remains. they took a non impact position in the first round. they missed out on an impact player that they could use.


I didn't mean you per se. Running back is a devalued position also. I also wasn't against drafting Trent as I think he is a special player.

As far as did we make a mistake by not getting R.G.III the future will answer that. Again not saying you but many people think we did. Depends how Weeden does. Right now we have Trent and Schwartz instead of R.G.II. We also have our 2013 1st and 2014 1st. We need to wait 3-4 years to answer that question.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 6280
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if we get another 2013 first round pick I would be ecstatic. This draft has some decent players, but honestly next year has a plethora of game changing players. Solidifying our offensive line could be huge for Weeden then we can make some moves in FA to help out the defense until next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5002
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Yeah if we get another 2013 first round pick I would be ecstatic. This draft has some decent players, but honestly next year has a plethora of game changing players. Solidifying our offensive line could be huge for Weeden then we can make some moves in FA to help out the defense until next year.


I'm with you on this. Let some other team sell the farm for this draft. I'd rather be set for next draft with 2 1sts and maybe 2 2nds.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42146
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is going to trade up into the top 5 of this draft.

People need to lay down the pipe on that dream.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5582
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Nobody is going to trade up into the top 5 of this draft.

People need to lay down the pipe on that dream.


Nobody is going to give up what the Redskins gave up to get into the top 5. If the seller insists on equal value, then you are correct. I could see a team trading into the top 5 for the right price, it just won't include multiple 1st and 2nd round picks in addition to the spot they traded up from.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42146
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Nobody is going to trade up into the top 5 of this draft.

People need to lay down the pipe on that dream.


Nobody is going to give up what the Redskins gave up to get into the top 5. If the seller insists on equal value, then you are correct. I could see a team trading into the top 5 for the right price, it just won't include multiple 1st and 2nd round picks in addition to the spot they traded up from.


Who is worth trading up into the top 5 for?

Geno maybe at the #1 pick?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Nobody is going to trade up into the top 5 of this draft.

People need to lay down the pipe on that dream.


Nobody is going to give up what the Redskins gave up to get into the top 5. If the seller insists on equal value, then you are correct. I could see a team trading into the top 5 for the right price, it just won't include multiple 1st and 2nd round picks in addition to the spot they traded up from.


Who is worth trading up into the top 5 for?

Geno maybe at the #1 pick?


Worth....

Need.....


There may be willing teams to move forward, but the Price for the move is always the deciding factor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5374
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find a legit dominant prospect in this draft. No matter who your favorite is or who you think the best player is he is not worthy of a Top 5 pick and any typical draft. As much as I like the upside of Dion Jordan he is really a 8-15 pick in most typical drafts. As much as some love Jarvis Jones he is in the same range. Manti Teo is a 15-25 type player. Dee Milliner was exposed two weeks in a row. I don't know where I would rank him, but its clearly not in the Top 5 and probably not Top 10. Who is the top WR Keenan Allen? Not Top 5 worthy. Justin Hunter? Drops balls bc he never uses his hands and dissapears against top notch comp. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley are the top QBs and all have significant faults. Giovani Bernard is possible the best RB in the draft and he is probably a 25-40 type prospect. I know a few are on the Damontre Moore train and he is a great pass rusher, but the guys is not a Top 5 talent in your typical draft. Star Lotuelei has a high upside and compared to Haloti Ngata by some but his skill set in not on that level and has questionable work ethic and football IQ. Johnathan Hankins is good but no Top 5 god. There are no safteys worth even talking about in this draft let alone an Eric Berry, Earl Thomas or Sean Taylor. Luke Joeckel has impressed me as I have never once seen him get beat. He may be the best LT in the draft but again I don't see the elite athletic ability that Ferguson, Thomas and Long showed coming out to make them Top 5 picks.

All of that being sad can we please win some football games to close out the year?
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6987
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I cannot find a legit dominant prospect in this draft. No matter who your favorite is or who you think the best player is he is not worthy of a Top 5 pick and any typical draft. As much as I like the upside of Dion Jordan he is really a 8-15 pick in most typical drafts. As much as some love Jarvis Jones he is in the same range. Manti Teo is a 15-25 type player. Dee Milliner was exposed two weeks in a row. I don't know where I would rank him, but its clearly not in the Top 5 and probably not Top 10. Who is the top WR Keenan Allen? Not Top 5 worthy. Justin Hunter? Drops balls bc he never uses his hands and dissapears against top notch comp. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley are the top QBs and all have significant faults. Giovani Bernard is possible the best RB in the draft and he is probably a 25-40 type prospect. I know a few are on the Damontre Moore train and he is a great pass rusher, but the guys is not a Top 5 talent in your typical draft. Star Lotuelei has a high upside and compared to Haloti Ngata by some but his skill set in not on that level and has questionable work ethic and football IQ. Johnathan Hankins is good but no Top 5 god. There are no safteys worth even talking about in this draft let alone an Eric Berry, Earl Thomas or Sean Taylor. Luke Joeckel has impressed me as I have never once seen him get beat. He may be the best LT in the draft but again I don't see the elite athletic ability that Ferguson, Thomas and Long showed coming out to make them Top 5 picks.

All of that being sad can we please win some football games to close out the year?


I agree with you. While I like some players there is no one I say my goodness I got to have him. Of course a few will most likely become all pros but it is hard to say who. G.M's are really going to have to do their jobs this year. Dion Jordan could be a good pick because of upside. The year started out looking good but so many like Dave Amerson,Sam Montgomery,Dion Lewis,Mingo etc. have not shown elite ability. You could add Barkley and Geno Smith even.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5582
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is that guy that blew everyones mind at the combine. There will be a couple of those i'm sure. I agree you aren't going to get as much in return as some years, but there will be someone interested. I really think this point is moot because I don't think we end up picking in the top 5. Probably 8th-10th
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it is as bad as you are making it seem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the top 2 DT's are 34 corner stone pieces IMO. thye are worthy of a trade up.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group