Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh rated dirtiest player in the league.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Apparently Schwartz went on 97.1 proclaiming Suh played his best game as a Lion Sunday- and even went as far to say that anyone stating otherwise has a separate agenda from the truth.

I think Schwartz is in over his head. His team has come out ready to play only once this season, and it took losing to two scrub teams before he stomped out the kinks in STs.

Kevin Seifert of ESPN thought this comment was suspicious, so he reviewed the game tape and looked just at what Suh did on his 64 defensive snaps. He noted 11 plays in which Suh disrupted or straight-up foiled the Vikings' offensive play, mostly by forcing incompletions or by causing the Vikings to essentially waste a down on a negative or very small-gain play. To be fair, he also noted 3 plays in which he might have been responsible for 14 and 15 yard gains by being pushed out of his gap, and he notes that Peterson ran past him on his 2PC late in the game. It's also not entirely clear that Suh was really responsible for maintaining those gaps on those plays, either.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/66670/lets-dig-into-ndamukong-suhs-best-game

It's easy to look at a stat sheet in which Suh gets 2 sacks, a blocked pass, and 5 tackles and say it's better than a game in which he has 1 tackle and no other measurable stat, but if he forces incompletions on 3rd and 4 four times, that's better than making three "stat" plays and making 5 tackles totaling 36 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, as sometimes happens even with DTs.

When I watched the game I might have thought "nice play Suh" exactly once or twice. But Schwartz is paying much more attention than I am, or you are. He's the one that knows what Suh is supposed to do on every called play. There's at least some justification behind his comments. I'm not saying I buy that it's his best game ever, but at least there's some food for thought.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Apparently Schwartz went on 97.1 proclaiming Suh played his best game as a Lion Sunday- and even went as far to say that anyone stating otherwise has a separate agenda from the truth.

I think Schwartz is in over his head. His team has come out ready to play only once this season, and it took losing to two scrub teams before he stomped out the kinks in STs.

Kevin Seifert of ESPN thought this comment was suspicious, so he reviewed the game tape and looked just at what Suh did on his 64 defensive snaps. He noted 11 plays in which Suh disrupted or straight-up foiled the Vikings' offensive play, mostly by forcing incompletions or by causing the Vikings to essentially waste a down on a negative or very small-gain play. To be fair, he also noted 3 plays in which he might have been responsible for 14 and 15 yard gains by being pushed out of his gap, and he notes that Peterson ran past him on his 2PC late in the game. It's also not entirely clear that Suh was really responsible for maintaining those gaps on those plays, either.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/66670/lets-dig-into-ndamukong-suhs-best-game

It's easy to look at a stat sheet in which Suh gets 2 sacks, a blocked pass, and 5 tackles and say it's better than a game in which he has 1 tackle and no other measurable stat, but if he forces incompletions on 3rd and 4 four times, that's better than making three "stat" plays and making 5 tackles totaling 36 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, as sometimes happens even with DTs.

When I watched the game I might have thought "nice play Suh" exactly once or twice. But Schwartz is paying much more attention than I am, or you are. He's the one that knows what Suh is supposed to do on every called play. There's at least some justification behind his comments. I'm not saying I buy that it's his best game ever, but at least there's some food for thought.
Barf
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Barf

Rolaid?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LION KING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow they must not be watching some of them Steeler games!

Harrison and Clark have been pretty dirty over the years! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Kenrik

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer thread. How can people argue Suh is not the dirtiest player? We're fans(unless someone here plays in the pros) and we don't play the game. We don't hear the trash, we're not on the field, we don't personally know these guys. What if they did voting at your office. Most dirtiest, most valuable and most over rated. Does the security guard know best?

You can argue that you watch games but so do the players and the coaches watch every game tape of the season on their opponent. I almost certain they go over most players and do a this is what to expect.

Players only vote Suh because media... How can some people say cortland(based on previous winner of the dirtiest player), talib (offseason issues), Burress(off field), Vick( off field). All reported by media. Fans are probably more media minded than players.

Suh only has one penalty... I didn't know penalties determined dirtiest player.
If I was punched by someone face to face compared to stomped on I would consider the guy that stepped on my face more dirty than the player that punched me even if enticed it.

*based on arguments I've seen in this thread. Didn't quote them. Phone
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Homer thread. How can people argue Suh is not the dirtiest player?

Because James Harrison. Laughing
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
Homer thread. How can people argue Suh is not the dirtiest player? We're fans(unless someone here plays in the pros) and we don't play the game. We don't hear the trash, we're not on the field, we don't personally know these guys. What if they did voting at your office. Most dirtiest, most valuable and most over rated. Does the security guard know best?

You can argue that you watch games but so do the players and the coaches watch every game tape of the season on their opponent. I almost certain they go over most players and do a this is what to expect.

Players only vote Suh because media... How can some people say cortland(based on previous winner of the dirtiest player), talib (offseason issues), Burress(off field), Vick( off field). All reported by media. Fans are probably more media minded than players.

Suh only has one penalty... I didn't know penalties determined dirtiest player.
If I was punched by someone face to face compared to stomped on I would consider the guy that stepped on my face more dirty than the player that punched me even if enticed it.

*based on arguments I've seen in this thread. Didn't quote them. Phone

Didn't step on face. But okay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: