Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Well, if the Steelers can beat the Chiefs straight up tomorrow night, I'm going to cash my now seven way parlay. And I'm really, really on the fence about hoping for a Chiefs upset, because I don't want the Steelers to make the postseason.

You gonna hedge it?

Hitting a seven way parlay is pretty damn impressive. What is yours going to pay?

A little over 1k. It was only 20 bucks. I made it because it's all I had in my wallet after I finished my regular bets, and I'd been saying to myself for weeks that I was going to take a stab at a seven or eight teamer after not doing it when I was tempted earlier in the season and watching that potential parlay hit.

As for hedging, if I thought this game had a chance of being close, I would, but I just cannot fathom a scenario where an awful, awful Chiefs team marches into Pittsburgh and wins straight up. But I could get +550 on the Chiefs, which means 200 bucks gets me to roughly the same spot, so I probably should, but I'd hate to cut into my parlay win. Decisions, decisions...
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let it ride. The Chiefs aren't going to win.

Man, imagine if you threw 100 on that parlay...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:
I say let it ride. The Chiefs aren't going to win.

Man, imagine if you threw 100 on that parlay...

Tell me about it. The one earlier in the season I was going to put one unit on, and chickened out. I try to remain disciplined with my betting, so I'm always hesitating to put a unit or two on a big parlay, because I hate losing. I'm on a seven ticket cash streak, and I get (irrationally) attached to those sort of streaks, so it was tough to lay even 20 bucks down when I knew there was an excellent chance I'd lose. I'm also loathe to give back any of my winnings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: