Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Quarter Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: 2nd Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Ok so we are now two quarters of the way into the regular season so it’s time for my second mock of the year…sitting at 7-1 so I have us picking somewhere between 28-32…

Resign…

OG…Lance Louis
OG…Chilo Rachal
LS…Patrick Mannelly
UT…Henry Melton
UT…Amobi Okoye
DE…Israel Idonije
LB…Nick Roach
CB…D.J Moore
CB…Kelvin Hayden

Let Walk…

Jason Campbell
Johnny Knox
Chris Williams
Chris Spencer
Geno Hayes
Brian Urlacher

Free Agents…

OG…Andy Levitre…6-3” 305lbs…

At one point in his Bears tenure Jerry Angelo got something right…he acquired a veteran laden offensive line with guys like John Tait, Ruben Brown, Fred Miller & Roberto Garza all coming into the team with years of experience under their belt…looking at the rise of the college spread offence it is getting tougher and tougher to evaluate top talent on the Oline from the draft…not only that but as of right now the 3 starting Olinemen we have under contract for next year will account for just over $3.5 million on the roster…our highest earning Olinemen Robert Garza won’t earn as much money as Robbie Gould will…sometime you just have to spend money to upgrade a position…spending that money on Levitre would be well worth it…he is possible the most underrated interior linemen in the NFL given his all-round skill set and toughness…he would be a massive upgrade at LG and combined with Louis would give us a very good set of OGs…Buffalo and other teams would put up a fight to get him but our coaching staff seem to have a real connection with Oregon State so hopefully that relationship would play into Levitre’s decision.

Draft…

Round 1…

MLB…Kevin Minter…6-2” 245lbs…LSU…

There is no doubt Urlacher has played better in the last 4 games than he did in the first 4 but it’s obvious that his speed has gone and he has already said himself that he is as close to 100% as he is ever going to get…the amount of money Urlacher will command doesn’t equate to how well he will be able to play in the coming years…that money could be used to invest on the young talent we have like Melton & Moore on the defensive side of the ball…LB is an instant impact position and Minter would make a terrific impact on this D with his combination of instincts, speed & physicality…he reminds me of Lance Briggs with his ability to take on & shed blocks before chasing down ball carriers…he isn’t the best in zone coverage right now because he isn’t asked to do it much but he has the athleticism to excel in that area…no one will replace Urlacher but Minter will be a good player in his own right.

Round 2…

CB…Jordan Poyer…6-0” 190lbs…Oregon State…

This might seem like a strange pick considering how amazingly our starting CBs have played this season but both Tillman & Jennings are FAs after the 2013 season and both will be the wrong side of 30…it’s time to act to a potential problem rather than trying to react to one…Poyer plays with the type of physical mindset that Lovie demands from his CBs and isn’t afraid to hit someone in run support…he plays with a chip on his shoulder and will mix it up with receivers on the outside…in coverage Poyer shows great athleticism to match his prototype size and has the awareness to stick with #1 wideouts…if the QB throws one up the likelihood is that Poyer will come down with it having showed well above average ball skills during his time at Oregon State...he could even challenge Moore for playing time at nickelback in certain situations.

Round 4…

QB…Zac Dysert…6-3” 228lbs…Miami Ohio…

At the start of the year had someone suggested we draft a QB I would have said we have far bigger needs…but we have played well enough this year to start thinking about developing a long term backup who we have faith in…maybe even a guy who could stop the history of this franchise scrambling between QBs after Jay’s time is up…Dysert brings a similar skill set to Jay in terms of size and athleticism…he can get outside and help take the pressure off his Oline…he obviously doesn’t have Jay’s arm but his arm strength is starting calibre and he has shown good accuracy over the course of his career…he certainly has starting potential longterm.

Round 5…

TE…Michael Williams…6-6” 273lbs…Alabama…

I’m really not a fan of the depth in this draft class…Eifert & Ertz are the only two real difference makers IMO and we have bigger needs that to spend the high pick it would take to get either so instead of trying to find a big time pass catcher at the TE position we go down a different route and find a Bubba Franks type who’s main goal is to block the edge in protection and in the running game but to also have the frame and hands to be a factor on short routes and in the redzone…Brett Favre made great use of Franks early in his career and I can see Jay doing the same with Williams.

Round 6…

SLB…Will Compton…6-2” 235lbs…Nebraska…

Compton isn’t a great athlete but he is a great leader who plays with intensity and intelligence…he also excels on special teams…he would make a solid backup on the strongside.

Depth Chart…

QB…Jay Cutler… Zac Dysert…Matt Blanchard
RB…Matt Forte…Michael Bush…Armando Allen
FB…Evan Rodriguez
WR…Brandon Marshall…Devin Hester
WR…Alshon Jeffery…Dan Sanzenbacher
Slot…Earl Bennett…Eric Weems
TE…Kellen Davis…Matt Spaeth… Michael Williams
LT…J'Marcus Webb… Jonathan Scott
LG…Andy Levitre…Chilo Rachal
C…Roberto Garza…Edwin Williams
RG…Lance Louis
RT…Gabe Carimi

LE…Israel Idonije…Shea McClellin
UT…Henry Melton…Nate Collins…Amobi Okoye
NT…Stephen Paea…Matt Toeaina
RE…Julius Peppers…Corey Wootton
SLB…Nick Roach…Will Compton
MLB… Kevin Minter…Blake Costanzo
WLB…Lance Briggs…JT Thomas
NB…D.J Moore
CB…Charles Tillman…Jordan Poyer…Sherrick McManis
CB…Tim Jennings…Kelvin Hayden…Zack Bowman
SS…Major Wright…Brandon Hardin
FS…Chris Conte…Craig Steltz

P…Adam Podlesh
K…Robbie Gould
LS…Patrick Mannelly
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't imagine life without Brian Sad

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:

I think the only way he leaves is if he retires.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care who we sign/re sign in FA, we need to draft an o-lineman or two of some kind. A LT to push Webb, a OG/OC. We need to get younger on our o-line. I do agree that LB is one of our biggest needs and is a possibility for our first rounder. And with only 5 picks, I expect us to trade down.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
I dont care who we sign/re sign in FA, we need to draft an o-lineman or two of some kind. A LT to push Webb, a OG/OC. We need to get younger on our o-line. I do agree that LB is one of our biggest needs and is a possibility for our first rounder. And with only 5 picks, I expect us to trade down.

What?? Confused

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

What?? Confused
Yeah, there really is only 1 position we can get significantly younger on the OL, C. Our OL is young, being old is not the problem.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock, except I would drop Sanz.. and keep Knox if he shows he is healthy(big if I know). Between Bennett and Knox as the 3rd/4th WR's is good and he could just focus on his strength of being the home run threat, plus this would push Hester to a ST's role only.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
I like this mock, except I would drop Sanz.. and keep Knox if he shows he is healthy(big if I know). Between Bennett and Knox as the 3rd/4th WR's is good and he could just focus on his strength of being the home run threat, plus this would push Hester to a ST's role only.

Yeah fully healthy I may do the same thing if we had enough guys to play ST but as you said it’s a big if when it comes to Knox’s health.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:

No one wants to imagine it but the bottom line is at some point it’s going to happen…it would be better to do it a year early than a year too late…as much as that sucks.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kellen starts again at TE next year Im going to puke. Phil Emery should realize whats going on at that position.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
If Kellen starts again at TE next year Im going to puke. Phil Emery should realize whats going on at that position.

Upgrading the TE position isn't that important compared to other spots...especially in a weak draft class.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Upgrading the TE position isn't that important compared to other spots...especially in a weak draft class.

To MLB I absolutely agree. TE is second on my list. I think this offense would be even better with TE capable of being consistent in both phases.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

To MLB I absolutely agree. TE is second on my list. I think this offense would be even better with TE capable of being consistent in both phases.

Way too high IMO…a great TE would be good but there isn’t a great TE in this year’s draft…there maybe isn’t even a very good TE in this draft so there is no way I would spend a 2nd round pick on one unless Eifert dropped like a stone…the only way I see us really trying to upgrade the TE spot is to go after Jared Cook in FA.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Way too high IMO…a great TE would be good but there isn’t a great TE in this year’s draft…there maybe isn’t even a very good TE in this draft so there is no way I would spend a 2nd round pick on one unless Eifert dropped like a stone…the only way I see us really trying to upgrade the TE spot is to go after Jared Cook in FA.

Cook is who I was referring to actually.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Cook is who I was referring to actually.

Yeah but would you rather have a good TE or a great Olinemen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: