Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winder23 Early Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Winder23 Early Mock Reply with quote

Resign

Ryan Clady - Deal needs to get done and it will
Kevin Vickerson - Has earneda decent contract IMO.
Brandon Stokely - At 36 he still gets open
David Bruton - Good special teamer. We need some like this
Jim Leonhard - Has played well in nickel situations. Good veteran presence
Tony Carter RFA - Could be a starter for a long time.
Chris Clark RFA - Need more depth, but Clark has done well in a few situations that he has had a chance to play.
Mitch Unrein RFA - Guy has earned a place on the team
Britton Colquit RFA - Solid, but not great
Lance Ball RFA - Lance will be back at camp, but I want someone to beat him out

Free Agent Losses/ Cuts

Justin Bannan - We can do better
Keith Brooking - Nice one year band-aid
DJ Williams - 6 million reasons to let him go
Joe Mays - Gotta get rid of that contract
Matt Willis - We can do better
Tracy Porter - No need to bring him back
Dan Koppen - If Beadles ihealthy, then I don't see him back. Someone will want him to start
Ty Warren - Finally!
Chris Gronkowski RFA - No use

Free Agent Additions

Terrance Knighton - Will come in on a one year prove it deal. He has been benched by the Jags, but I think Del Rio can get him to play. We need an anchor in the middle and Knighton can fill the role.

Justin Durant - Another Del Rio guy can come in and play MLB for a year or two while we find a long term answer there. Better than Mays and much cheaper than DJ Williams.

2013 Draft (I have the Broncos picking in the 26-30 range)

1 - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State 6-1 215
Rhodes is perfect for our defense. Elway has professed his love of CB's and has shown he will keep 4 or 5 good corners on the roster. With Champ nearing the cliff, we need to think about the future. Rhodes is a physical player who can make tackles and cover guys one on one.

2 Kevin Minter LB LSU 6-1 245
Minter has really stepped up his game this year. He shows a lot of good skills for the pro game. He does a nice job of using his hands and getting off blocks. He tends to guess a lot which gets him out of postion, but that can be corrected with coaching and experience. He is a solid tackler and has shown a ability to cover TEs and RBs. Minter compares well to Al Wilson, but not quite as physical.

3 Christine Michael RB Texas A&M 6-0 220
Has a history of injuries with a broklen leg and a torn ACL. Has remained healthy this year and has shown great ability when actually on the field. He would be a great tandem with Hillman when McGahee moves on.

4 Denard Robinson WR/KR Michigan 5-11 197
This guy is a football player. He could immediately make an impact in the return game and could develop nicely into a slot receiver. He is blessed with speed and rare short area quickness. Somewhat of a projection pick, but well worth the risk.

5 Josh Boyd DT Miss State 6-3 300
Good run defender with a good burst off the line to sometimes rush the passer. His future though is definitely as a run defender.

We owe a pick for Bunkley, either in the 6th or 7th round, so I will end my draft here for now.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like using a fourth on a total project. Nothing against Robinson, I just don't think you can use a fourth on that type of draftee.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your draft but I don't see Koppen, DJ, or Bannan beling let go unless they just over price themselves.
I am not sure if Minter is coming out unless he is pretty sure he is a first rounder.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRebar913

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Winder23 Early Mock Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Resign

Chris Clark RFA - Need more depth, but Clark has done well in a few situations that he has had a chance to play.

Free Agent Losses/ Cuts

Dan Koppen - If Beadles ihealthy, then I don't see him back. Someone will want him to start
Ty Warren - Finally!

Free Agent Additions

Terrance Knighton - Will come in on a one year prove it deal. He has been benched by the Jags, but I think Del Rio can get him to play. We need an anchor in the middle and Knighton can fill the role.

Justin Durant - Another Del Rio guy can come in and play MLB for a year or two while we find a long term answer there. Better than Mays and much cheaper than DJ Williams.

Rhodes is perfect for our defense. Elway has professed his love of CB's and has shown he will keep 4 or 5 good corners on the roster. With Champ nearing the cliff, we need to think about the future. Rhodes is a physical player who can make tackles and cover guys one on one.

Minter has really stepped up his game this year. He shows a lot of good skills for the pro game. He does a nice job of using his hands and getting off blocks. He tends to guess a lot which gets him out of postion, but that can be corrected with coaching and experience. He is a solid tackler and has shown a ability to cover TEs and RBs. Minter compares well to Al Wilson, but not quite as physical.

Has a history of injuries with a broklen leg and a torn ACL. Has remained healthy this year and has shown great ability when actually on the field. He would be a great tandem with Hillman when McGahee moves on.

This guy is a football player. He could immediately make an impact in the return game and could develop nicely into a slot receiver. He is blessed with speed and rare short area quickness. Somewhat of a projection pick, but well worth the risk.

Good run defender with a good burst off the line to sometimes rush the passer. His future though is definitely as a run defender.

We owe a pick for Bunkley, either in the 6th or 7th round, so I will end my draft here for now.

false. he has hardly had to punt this season, but he played a major role in putting teams in bad spots last season Very Happy [/u]
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and the direction you go in. I could see Elway letting Porter walk and drafting a CB early, even with the emergence of Carter. It looks like the draft could have some solid DB's in the late 1st/early 2nd range.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to see Willis go as a special teamer. I haven't seen our special teams this good in years.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I would hate to see Willis go as a special teamer. I haven't seen our special teams this good in years.
Willis is a good special teamer, but we need more than good special teams play with our #4 wide receiver. I am sure the Broncos can find a replacement for him. I just want more from Willis on offense. If Thomas or Decker go down, we need a more capable #4.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Winder23 Early Mock Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Resign

Free Agent Losses/ Cuts

Ty Warren - Finally!

Free Agent Additions

false. he has hardly had to punt this season, but he played a major role in putting teams in bad spots last season Very Happy [/u]
I didn't say he was awful, but he was solid. That means he is a capable NFL punter. To me a great punter would be Shane Lechler or Ray Guy and Colquitt isn't great, he is solid.
primetime714

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall very solid. Just a couple comments:
-Minter is not going pro this year, it just doesn't make sense when he has a shot to be the top ILB next year and a first round pick. He'd have to be a guaranteed 1st rounder to jump this year.
-Christine Michael- I like him late in the draft, but he's no 3rd round pick right now. I'd say 4th at best, but probably more like a 5th or 6th.
-Bannan- while we could do better the guy is cheap and very good against the run and seemingly wants to be in Colorado. Unless the money is better elsewhere (I don't see anyone offering him a significant raise) he's good depth.
-Durant- can he play MLB? He hasn't done it since 2009. He's also not great in pass coverage which is what the Broncos need over the middle. Seems kind of similar to DJ except that Durant doesn't have the off-the-field issues and DJ is good in coverage.

Overall though not bad at all.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

primetime714 wrote:
Overall very solid. Just a couple comments:
-Minter is not going pro this year, it just doesn't make sense when he has a shot to be the top ILB next year and a first round pick. He'd have to be a guaranteed 1st rounder to jump this year.
-Christine Michael- I like him late in the draft, but he's no 3rd round pick right now. I'd say 4th at best, but probably more like a 5th or 6th.
-Bannan- while we could do better the guy is cheap and very good against the run and seemingly wants to be in Colorado. Unless the money is better elsewhere (I don't see anyone offering him a significant raise) he's good depth.
-Durant- can he play MLB? He hasn't done it since 2009. He's also not great in pass coverage which is what the Broncos need over the middle. Seems kind of similar to DJ except that Durant doesn't have the off-the-field issues and DJ is good in coverage.

Overall though not bad at all.
-You may very well be right about Minter. In fact you probably are, but money can make decisions logic cannot.

-I think Michael is a great talent with a bad injury history. His size speed and vision are all top notch. He is great when healthy. He will be high on many draft boards if healthy and able to show his talents in postseason games and workouts.

-Durant would be a nice addition for both WLB and MLB. He would be a cheap depth signing who can play in the base defense. Dj is due 6 million and the Broncos still have to think about Clady and other upcoming free agents.

Thanks for the comments. Free agency is a crapshoot and the draft even moreso. I enjoy doing mocks so any feedback is welcome. That goes for everyone.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Willis is a good special teamer, but we need more than good special teams play with our #4 wide receiver. I am sure the Broncos can find a replacement for him. I just want more from Willis on offense. If Thomas or Decker go down, we need a more capable #4.

Alright...good point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: