Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Buffalo Bills (3-5) @ New England Patriots (5-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finn54

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many concussions has Arrington had in his career? It seems like quite a few.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
How many concussions has Arrington had in his career? It seems like quite a few.

Most of them this off season probably....

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
What do you guys think we do with Shiancoe? Just IR him, cut one of Fells/Hoozazajajaffooouui, or keep all five, with H-man as a fullback?

Well we have no idea how Shiancoe will actually do, but neither Fells nor Hoo-man have really shown much of anything.

I'm just excited to see Ballard with Gronk/Hernandez next season. Two top 5 TEs along with a top 10 TE.

Those three + Lloyd/Welker + Ridley = beastly running game with four quality receivers that can win individual matchups.

Welker's not coming back brother i just see him being worth the money he wants. Also i can see them moving away from the empty set letting Ridley take more of a Foster role.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hernandez not expected to play per Schefter
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
What do you guys think we do with Shiancoe? Just IR him, cut one of Fells/Hoozazajajaffooouui, or keep all five, with H-man as a fullback?

Well we have no idea how Shiancoe will actually do, but neither Fells nor Hoo-man have really shown much of anything.

I'm just excited to see Ballard with Gronk/Hernandez next season. Two top 5 TEs along with a top 10 TE.

Those three + Lloyd/Welker + Ridley = beastly running game with four quality receivers that can win individual matchups.

Ballard wasn't a top 10 TE before his microfracture surgery. Considering that type of injury has ruined many (but not all) careers, I wouldn't count on him jumping into the top 10.

Also, he's unsigned for next year (though he will be an EFA)

Yes he was.

We're talking about the same Jake Ballard right? The guy with 13 career starts? 38 career catches? 1 game over 75 yards? 0 games with more than 1 TD? A guy who is a decent but not especially impressive blocker? A guy who was out produced by more than 20 TE's in his one moderately successful season? All of these guys had more catches than Ballard in 2011:

Rob Gronkowski
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettigrew
Aaron Hernandez
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Witten
Kellen Winslow
Vernon Davis
Dustin Keller
Antonio Gates
Brent Celek
Jermaine Gresham
Jermichael Finley
Owen Daniels
Ed Dickson
Heath Miller
Jared Cook
Greg Olsen
Dennis Pitta
Marcedes Lewis
Scott Chandler

I'm sorry, but if you think he was a better TE in 2011 (not just based on receptions obviously, but his blocking is hardly superlative) than 13 guys on that list - well, I don't know what to tell you. You're wildly overrating a guy who showed some ability and seemed to be well rounded but isn't anything close to a top 10 TE. I wouldn't even have put him in the top 15 and honestly I'd struggle to call the 2011 Ballard demonstrably better last year than any of the guys on that list were.

Okay, maybe top 10 was high, but the point remains. He is also way more talented than you're giving credit for. He's a blocking tight end who had shown he could make plays in the passing game. In an offense with bradshaw, nicks, Cruz, and manningham, he naturally didnt get a ton of targets. He's a big strong blocker and has pretty good hands.

I'd pin him as a better graham.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
patssoxcelts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

Ballard wasn't a top 10 TE before his microfracture surgery. Considering that type of injury has ruined many (but not all) careers, I wouldn't count on him jumping into the top 10.

Also, he's unsigned for next year (though he will be an EFA)

Yes he was.

We're talking about the same Jake Ballard right? The guy with 13 career starts? 38 career catches? 1 game over 75 yards? 0 games with more than 1 TD? A guy who is a decent but not especially impressive blocker? A guy who was out produced by more than 20 TE's in his one moderately successful season? All of these guys had more catches than Ballard in 2011:

Rob Gronkowski
Jimmy Graham
Brandon Pettigrew
Aaron Hernandez
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Witten
Kellen Winslow
Vernon Davis
Dustin Keller
Antonio Gates
Brent Celek
Jermaine Gresham
Jermichael Finley
Owen Daniels
Ed Dickson
Heath Miller
Jared Cook
Greg Olsen
Dennis Pitta
Marcedes Lewis
Scott Chandler

I'm sorry, but if you think he was a better TE in 2011 (not just based on receptions obviously, but his blocking is hardly superlative) than 13 guys on that list - well, I don't know what to tell you. You're wildly overrating a guy who showed some ability and seemed to be well rounded but isn't anything close to a top 10 TE. I wouldn't even have put him in the top 15 and honestly I'd struggle to call the 2011 Ballard demonstrably better last year than any of the guys on that list were.

Okay, maybe top 10 was high, but the point remains. He is also way more talented than you're giving credit for. He's a blocking tight end who had shown he could make plays in the passing game. In an offense with bradshaw, nicks, Cruz, and manningham, he naturally didnt get a ton of targets. He's a big strong blocker and has pretty good hands.

Pass the bong brah, a better Graham your nuts.
finn54

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patssoxcelts wrote:

Drug references aren't really allowed.

But i hope he meant Daniel Graham.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
patssoxcelts wrote:

Gotcha buddy no problem.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Bills inactives: QB T. Jackson, CB A. Williams, DB M. Silva, LB K. Morrison, OT T. Welch, DE C. Kelsay, DE M. Anderson.

Quote:
Pats inactives: TE Aaron Hernandez, S Patrick Chung, DE Jake Bequette, DL Ron Brace, DB Malcolm Williams, LB Tracy White, DE Trevor Scott.

Tom Brady Tribute
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need pretty boy lloyd to have himself a day! lets get it on
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Bills inactives: QB T. Jackson, CB A. Williams, DB M. Silva, LB K. Morrison, OT T. Welch, DE C. Kelsay, DE M. Anderson.

Quote:
Pats inactives: TE Aaron Hernandez, S Patrick Chung, DE Jake Bequette, DL Ron Brace, DB Malcolm Williams, LB Tracy White, DE Trevor Scott.

Should we even play Chung when he comes back? What does he add at this point that the secondary doesn't already have? Coverage in the back end? Doesn't provide that. A hitter? Already got those. A knowledgeable player? Thats not him.

I rather roll out there with Gregory-McCourty-Wilson than any sort of Chung lineup. Chungs pissing me off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:

Three away from Mike Wright level.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts will do the game.
Tom Brady Tribute
samgurl775

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

No I'm not. Did you watch the Giants last year? I mean not that it was anything out of the ordinary, but even in the Giants/Patriots regular season game last year he roasted Mayo. He's a pretty good blocker who is a good pass catcher. We're not talking about a top 5 TE, but he's also not a scrub like what was being implied. There was a reason the Giants organization was from top to bottom upset he got stolen.

finn54 wrote:
patssoxcelts wrote:

I would think that posting on a Patriots forum, talking about blocking TEs, that'd be obvious. Jimmy Graham is a mediocre blocking TE.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 2 of 34

Jump to: