Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Jennings be the starter next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Will Jennings be the starter next year? Reply with quote

I've done some reading, and there are some opinions that say MJD won't be back next year. Would you guys expect Jennings to start if that happened, or would you expect the Jaguars to draft a replacement?
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings is a FA next year, and while I do expect him to be resigned, it'll hopefully be for a backup role. We should draft somebody.

I hate the Jaguars
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Jennings be the starter next year? Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
I've done some reading, and there are some opinions that say MJD won't be back next year. Would you guys expect Jennings to start if that happened, or would you expect the Jaguars to draft a replacement?

Jennings wouldn't be a feature, and would split carries with whomever we draft this year.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he will never be a feature guy unless there is an injury

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Will Jennings be the starter next year? Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
ajhawk5047 wrote:

Jennings wouldn't be a feature, and would split carries with whomever we draft this year.

Yeah. I think Jennings would be fine as a tandem back alongside someone with a different skillset, as long as our passing game continues to improve. And if our passing game isn't moving in the right direction, it doesn't really matter much what we do on the ground anyway.

If MJD is moving on, i would want to see Jennings along with a FA pickup to split carries, and draft a rookie on top of that to work into the rotation.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont want to lose him, but he hasnt proven much this year sadly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

True, but I think he's worth keeping as a role player. I hope we bring in a FA or a draft pick at runningback (I'd take an UDFA like Arian Foster too... not picky Razz). Especially if we were to move MJD.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

True, but I think he's worth keeping as a role player. I hope we bring in a FA or a draft pick at runningback (I'd take an UDFA like Arian Foster too... not picky Razz). Especially if we were to move MJD.

idk what he is worth, but it cant be much after this year

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to the question is a definite no. Either MJD will be back and starting or he wont be getting starter-like numbers if MJD leaves and the Jaguars bring in someone else.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rashad Jennings is not an ideal starter, kind of a plodder as far as RB's go right now, but he's at least versatile as a pass catcher and as a change of pace runner. You guys have too many needs at valuable positions to go RB early in the draft in my opinion.

Not much in FA unless you really like Rashard Mendenhall or Felix Jones.
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Gio Bernard with the 33rd pick might be good. He reminds me of MoJo some.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Rashad Jennings is not an ideal starter, kind of a plodder as far as RB's go right now, but he's at least versatile as a pass catcher and as a change of pace runner. You guys have too many needs at valuable positions to go RB early in the draft in my opinion.

Not much in FA unless you really like Rashard Mendenhall or Felix Jones.

Those are two of the last guys i'd be after if we're running them in tandem with Jennings, if MJD is out the door.

Jones and Mendenhall both strike me as too similar to what Jennings can offer. I'd want a Peyton Hillis/Shonn Greene type in FA.

Jennings is fine running outside the tackles, catching passes out of the backfield, etc. But he's pretty bad when it comes to just hammering out the non-glamorous runs up the gut. We'd need a guy who can just pound the ball up the middle, and be versatile enough so as to not make it entirely obvious what's going to happen with each back.

imo, a guy like Hillis would be perfect. Solid when it comes to just smashing it up the middle, but also underrated in blitz pickup in passing situations.

I'd still want to nab a mid or late rounder RB to slide into the rotation though, to offer yet another look back there and build towards the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: