Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
You don't let a good coach go just because he has a rough stretch.

Ryan is still green between the ears when it comes to running a team; give him time and he's going to develop into a great HC.

See the Texans, who I'm pretty sure are fairly happy that they didn't boot Kubiak out the door despite a few bad seasons. They saw potential, and allowed him to develop, just like you would a player at a new position.

Yeah, Arain Foster fell into his lap.
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Rex, and it should be obvious to anyone who watches the NFL closely you do not remove a good coach just because he has a rough time for a couple seasons especially one where we have lost a key offensive weapon... and arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Also noting the fact we have yet to have a losing season under Rex... And if this season is it will be his first. The problems we have is in getting the right players at the right price and that falls on GM. Rex is a great defensive mind and motivational Coach, he's emotional and passionate.

And for anyone who says Rex constantly runs his mouth ... when the media asks you questions to lead you into it are you supposed to project confidence or say "Yea You'll See". He has confidence in his ability as well as his teams, and I have confidence in him.

I'd say Tanny is on the hot seat but Rex is gonna be safe. Unless our owner is an Idiot and decides hes gonna do somethin outta the grief he got from Mitt Romney losing. I wish we could trade owners for someone who is actually passionate about his team winning rather than passionate about it being mentioned in the newspaper.
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Ryan is still green between the ears when it comes to running a team; give him time and he's going to develop into a great HC.

See the Texans, who I'm pretty sure are fairly happy that they didn't boot Kubiak out the door despite a few bad seasons. They saw potential, and allowed him to develop, just like you would a player at a new position.

Good point, Gary Kubiak is a great coach because they have Arian Foster....
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Good point, Gary Kubiak is a great coach because they have Arian Foster....

The correction is Wade Phillips fell into his lap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's NFL, you simply can't sustain success without a great QB. Mark Sanchez is not that QB. If the Jets don't make any changes at QB either later on this season, or next season, I think Rex has to go down with the ship.

IMO, Rex still has time to bail on Sanchez before they both get dragged down.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
In today's NFL, you simply can't sustain success without a great QB. Mark Sanchez is not that QB. If the Jets don't make any changes at QB either later on this season, or next season, I think Rex has to go down with the ship.

IMO, Rex still has time to bail on Sanchez before they both get dragged down.

LOL Mark Sanchez isn't even CLOSE to that type of QB. We need an offensive overhaul. This team is just such a mess its not even funny. Its so sad how bad Rex messed up what Mangini began to build. I really wish we kept Mangini and hired Rob Ryan as D Coordinator. We'd be much better off today then we are right now.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hard. I don't believe that everything good or bad falls on the head coach unless he has all the power. It's more about the team, not just the players, but the FO, the scouts, the positional coaches, etc.

The jets have made a lot of questional decisions that haven't paid off. For example getting Tebow after signing a legitimate (IMO) backup in Stanton; letting Braylon go and keeping Holmes; giving multi year contracts to older players like Pace and Scott; giving away draft choices; ignoring obvious weaknesses, for example after last season it was obvious that two of our biggest needs were OLB and RT, and we didn't address either in FA or the draft; trading up to draft Sanchez instead of not seeing if he or Freeman fell to them; not giving Sanchez any competition for the job (For example, Tannehill had to win the job from Gerrard and Moore); letting Lowery and Coleman go.

Now if Tebow was adding a positive wrinkle, and Holmes' personality wasn't a detriment to the team and Scott was still performing at a high level, and Mark was showing consistency and good decision making, Rex wouldn't be on the hot seat. But they haven't. In a lot of jobs if you're responsible an make a lot of bad decisions you get canned or at least demoted

I think Rex knows defense but doesn't have the players either because of injury or his overrating them, but he fails completely on offense. Maybe he can learn how to be more objective but I get the impression that he's just too stubborn. I hope I'm wrong because he gave us two of the most exciting seasons I've had since I started following them back in 65 .

On the other hand Tanny has to go. We need a football mind as gm. Someone who can look at the whole team and address our weaknesses.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/roster/2006

Mangini took one of the least talented teams and offenses of all time into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Mangini took one of the least talented teams and offenses of all time into the playoffs.

Outside of Vilma and like two of those current Jets, I don't think a single player on that roster is either starting or even still in the league.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

That was a classic case of a new coach getting a team to overachieve.

We all know what happened thereafter.
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad this thread is here . You watch Miami play the last two weeks you realize they are terrible except that Rex was do out coached by philbin we were blown out. And when is he going to put the kibosh on the Tebow experiment it has done nothing but harm
swi7ch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe in him. He is purposely tanking the season by putting Sanchez out there so he could replace him next year in the draft.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in the combo of Sanchez, Rex, Tanny, Woody.

Maybe Rex could make it with a better cast? IDK.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
Yes, I believe in him. He is purposely tanking the season by putting Sanchez out there so he could replace him next year in the draft.

Except there isn't a QB in the draft that is a surefire thing. We'll just draft one of the guys 1st overall, watch him bust and be in the same position in 4 years.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex isnt the problem ... but god the talent on our team is ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: