Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Bart hasn't been benched, he's been held up by a foot injury.

He should be benched. Demario Davis is the better player at this point.
Clearly. I mean, why would you hold a young player back and let someone who is god awful take away his PT? Because he's Rex's boy? Comon now. Davis has shown he can develop into a pretty nice player and they should realize that.

Rex loves Scott, Thomas, Pace and Eric Smith. But Allen, Sapp and Davis should be playing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/18139/playing-time-analysis-defense-7

Davis has more snaps than Thomas and Scott. Ricky Sapp has the same as Bart Scott. Bart Scott is a role player and has been for two years. Eric Smith has moved into that role player position. Bryan Thomas isn't an every down player. Calvin Pace still has his spot on the team, mostly because there is no one to replace him. Ricky Sapp is still really raw, and even there he can only be brought in on passing downs.

Allen is still a pretty big question mark, making some plays on special teams in one game but that's it. Should he be on the team? Yes but whose spot does he take? My guess is Eric Smith might have some clause in his contract about being cut early. Even then Eric Smith should also be on the roster as a role player. He shouldn't be a starter but he isn't. He is a hard worker and a good leader and isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Why did Pouha and Coples barely play?

Look at the analysis at the bottom of the page. Rex wanted more Bart. Brick wall
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Clearly. I mean, why would you hold a young player back and let someone who is god awful take away his PT? Because he's Rex's boy? Comon now. Davis has shown he can develop into a pretty nice player and they should realize that.

Rex loves Scott, Thomas, Pace and Eric Smith. But Allen, Sapp and Davis should be playing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/18139/playing-time-analysis-defense-7

Davis has more snaps than Thomas and Scott. Ricky Sapp has the same as Bart Scott. Bart Scott is a role player and has been for two years. Eric Smith has moved into that role player position. Bryan Thomas isn't an every down player. Calvin Pace still has his spot on the team, mostly because there is no one to replace him. Ricky Sapp is still really raw, and even there he can only be brought in on passing downs.

Allen is still a pretty big question mark, making some plays on special teams in one game but that's it. Should he be on the team? Yes but whose spot does he take? My guess is Eric Smith might have some clause in his contract about being cut early. Even then Eric Smith should also be on the roster as a role player. He shouldn't be a starter but he isn't. He is a hard worker and a good leader and isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Look at the analysis at the bottom of the page. Rex wanted more Bart. Brick wall

No idea why Coples didn't play more. I was really shocked by that, maybe he picked up a knock during the game? IDK. Pouha has been bad this year, partly due to injury probably partly due to age.

Can anyone find the playing time for the Rams game?
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

No idea why Coples didn't play more. I was really shocked by that, maybe he picked up a knock during the game? IDK. Pouha has been bad this year, partly due to injury probably partly due to age.

Can anyone find the playing time for the Rams game?

Got it: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/17915/playing-time-analysis-defense-6

And all of this makes sense. Davis, Thomas, Scott, Eric Smith, Sapp are all situational players. The way it should be. I really don't get what some of your issues are with playing time, it all makes sense
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want Coples to be out there more with Sapp and Davis. Less Bart, Thomas and DeVito.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
I just want Coples to be out there more with Sapp and Davis. Less Bart, Thomas and DeVito.

DeVito is great, why take him out?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Not exactly take him out. Rather give Coples more snaps. Don't forget that DeVito is a free agent this year. There is a chance he won't be resigned. I think he'll draw a lot of interest in FA.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

Not exactly take him out. Rather give Coples more snaps. Don't forget that DeVito is a free agent this year. There is a chance he won't be resigned. I think he'll draw a lot of interest in FA.

I think it will be more like Shaun Ellis where the Jets don't want him which would be a shame. I agree he should get more snaps, just hard to do.

BTW I love when people discuss guys as busts. Radio guy was like Coples has 15 tackles and 2 sacks in 11 games. Great analysis!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

I think it will be more like Shaun Ellis where the Jets don't want him which would be a shame. I agree he should get more snaps, just hard to do.

BTW I love when people discuss guys as busts. Radio guy was like Coples has 15 tackles and 2 sacks in 11 games. Great analysis!

LOL. Who said that?
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

LOL. Who said that?

Maybe Ryan Ruco? IDK how to spell his name.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously something had to have happened to Rex. Remember when he used to yell at guys? Remember how pissed he got when Pati, a fringe roster player at the moment, went down for the season and challenged guys to step up? What the hell happened to him it's like he is just going through the motions as a coach now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Seriously something had to have happened to Rex. Remember when he used to yell at guys? Remember how pissed he got when Pati, a fringe roster player at the moment, went down for the season and challenged guys to step up? What the hell happened to him it's like he is just going through the motions as a coach now.

He probably still is. It's just not working.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

He probably still is. It's just not working.

The best and most logical and always right Jets poster and good friend of mine I would like to know how you feel about Rex. You can't tell me he has had this team prepared this year. He's not doing anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I made this thread a little while ago when I had lost faith but never really got around to explain it. But that was always my intention, and I was wondering what others felt.

I think it's time for him to go and I don't think he gets enough blame for his influence on Mike Tannenbaum for the poor moves of his era, where the prevailing media opinion seems to be Tannenbaum out before Ryan and if any of "the three" deserve to stay, it is Rex. But Tannenbaum's been acting under Rex's influence, and it's been pivotal. In fact it's something I hope to write about on TJB soon but I've been swamped with work/college.

Granted, I don't think he will go. I don't think Tannenbaum will either. And Sanchez due to the contract can't go. They'll be here next season and that will be their proverbial last stand.

His coaching style produces moments of brilliance and extreme highs when he's got the players rallied but there are also extreme lows that we're dealing with now that you just can't really dig yourself out of and the Jets weren't exactly well coached in 2010 either when we could have went to a Super Bowl, pulling out a few close wins. Great coaches keep things even keel. Every game is the most important game you're playing - the next one. And his team culture and media policy just asks for trouble, especially so long as you're as willing as the Jets have been under him to add "troubled" talents.

I think some point down the line, if he ever gets a chance to be a head coach again, he could potentially fall into the right situation. A strong GM who cuts him out of personnel decisions and an effective foil on offense as a coordinator to match his defensive prowess. But he'll still have flaws that are just a part of his personality, and you get why teams were reluctant to hire him before the Jets. He's a unique personality, there's not a coach elsewhere in the NFL like him, and that really should tell you enough. Those types can be exceptions, but they're usually not.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I haven't watched Espn in years and I don't read the paper or listen to the radio or anything with the media. Stanton is awful but he's a qb and tebow isn't. If we had an actual backup we would find out if Rex has balls to bench someone high profile like a starting qb. He has no control over the team or anything. I still don't understand your post. No one acts like Stanton is good or can help us win.

THEN WHY ARE YOU BRING HIM UP? He isn't good enough to push Sanchez, just because you have someone back there doesn't mean they are a threat. If anyone asked Sanchez, "do you fear that Drew Stanton will take your job." He would laugh in your face, as he should because Stanton is [inappropriate/removed]. And Tebow does pose a larger threat, as I mentioned before, because of the cult following he has behind him. Every media person is calling for him, that is FAR more pressure imposed than anything Drew Stanton poses.

I bring him up because he was on the damn team. You are 100% not understanding what we are saying.

You're not understanding what I am saying. I don't care if he was on the team, I don't care if he was on the team now. If he was on the team now, he still wouldn't be a threat to Sanchez and would be less of a threat than Tebow. And it's not Rex's fault, it is because Stanton is awful. He wouldn't push Sanchez for snaps for any reason, he would be a roster filler or in case Sanchez got hurt. And its not like there is an artificial push just because Stanton is there. Like I said, the Media/cult following of Tebow is more pressure than Stanton could ever provide.

Whether you like or not, we are stuck with Sanchez. He gives us the best chance to win and he gives us the brightest spot for the future (as the roster currently stand) at the Quarterback position. And that with or without Stanton on the roster.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Well, I made this thread a little while ago when I had lost faith but never really got around to explain it. But that was always my intention, and I was wondering what others felt.

I think it's time for him to go and I don't think he gets enough blame for his influence on Mike Tannenbaum for the poor moves of his era, where the prevailing media opinion seems to be Tannenbaum out before Ryan and if any of "the three" deserve to stay, it is Rex. But Tannenbaum's been acting under Rex's influence, and it's been pivotal. In fact it's something I hope to write about on TJB soon but I've been swamped with work/college.

Granted, I don't think he will go. I don't think Tannenbaum will either. And Sanchez due to the contract can't go. They'll be here next season and that will be their proverbial last stand.

His coaching style produces moments of brilliance and extreme highs when he's got the players rallied but there are also extreme lows that we're dealing with now that you just can't really dig yourself out of and the Jets weren't exactly well coached in 2010 either when we could have went to a Super Bowl, pulling out a few close wins. Great coaches keep things even keel. Every game is the most important game you're playing - the next one. And his team culture and media policy just asks for trouble, especially so long as you're as willing as the Jets have been under him to add "troubled" talents.

I think some point down the line, if he ever gets a chance to be a head coach again, he could potentially fall into the right situation. A strong GM who cuts him out of personnel decisions and an effective foil on offense as a coordinator to match his defensive prowess. But he'll still have flaws that are just a part of his personality, and you get why teams were reluctant to hire him before the Jets. He's a unique personality, there's not a coach elsewhere in the NFL like him, and that really should tell you enough. Those types can be exceptions, but they're usually not.

I think Tanny should go because if you look at a lot of his contracts we are paying top dollar for old talent. Some of his contracts have been crippling to the roster and doesn't focus on the needs of the team. We took a gamble as a team to win a superbowl in 2010 and when it failed we were bound to have some down years with the poor contracts.

This team has been in rebuild mode ever since. We need to shed some of the bigger contracts in order to get younger, get a core that we can build around. We have been sort of doing that by going heavy on the Defensive line. We have a Dline that we can build a team around. I feel as though we are a stud pass rusher away from being a GREAT defense. We have pieces on offense, Kerley, Hill, Keller but we don't have that leader on offense. We gambled when we traded up for Sanchez and it didn't exactly worked how we planned it. I enjoyed the Sanchez era, saw good success with the two AFC championship games but it wasn't a model for long term success and we are rebuilding. We have to find that leader on offense. If we do find that leader, Rex could definitely be our coach. I also disagree when you say he is a unique personality, he is very Similar to Jim Harbaugh. They are both passionate, opinionated and polarizing. Not fantastic X's and O's guys but know their trade and their players love to play for them. They get 100% out of their players.

Personally I think Rex is being judged by the lack of talent on the roster. You say replace Calvin Pace, but with who?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: