Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Rex doesn't want to bench Sanchez. I wish we had Stanton.

THis is exactly why everyone needs to go. Just when we think were moving in the right direction, we bring in tebow.

Do you guys really think Drew Stanton is the difference maker? He is a back up for reason

How are you getting that from the comments?

I wish we had Stanton because he could actually push Sanchez and get snaps. Tebow is awful that's why he's not playing. Stanton is probably an upgrade over Sanchez. We would still be in the same situation but at least we'd find out if Rex has balls.

Drew Stanton is awful. He is a career 55% 60 passer rating and has almost twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. And that is all while playing his entire career with Calvin Johnson.

He is in no way a challenge to Sanchez and yes Tebow probably is more of a challenge because of the media backing he has. I mean you guys act like Drew Stanton is some sort of project QB that got away. All he is, is a backup and an average one at that. He will never start for NFL, nor will he push any QBs.

People had a boner over him in 2010 because he wasn't expected to do much and had two 4th quarter combacks. One against the Packers, where they only scored one touchdown and he completed less than 50% of his passes and had two picks; AKA garbage. Another against Tampa which was an ok game but that is it.

Some times I wonder if you guys watch the game or just watch E!SPN and stupid beat writes whose job it is, is to create controversy. Drew Stanton is garbage and would not push Sanchez. You guys meddle over the most pointless [inappropriate/removed] and don't see the larger picture.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched Espn in years and I don't read the paper or listen to the radio or anything with the media. Stanton is awful but he's a qb and tebow isn't. If we had an actual backup we would find out if Rex has balls to bench someone high profile like a starting qb. He has no control over the team or anything. I still don't understand your post. No one acts like Stanton is good or can help us win.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I haven't watched Espn in years and I don't read the paper or listen to the radio or anything with the media. Stanton is awful but he's a qb and tebow isn't. If we had an actual backup we would find out if Rex has balls to bench someone high profile like a starting qb. He has no control over the team or anything. I still don't understand your post. No one acts like Stanton is good or can help us win.

THEN WHY ARE YOU BRING HIM UP? He isn't good enough to push Sanchez, just because you have someone back there doesn't mean they are a threat. If anyone asked Sanchez, "do you fear that Drew Stanton will take your job." He would laugh in your face, as he should because Stanton is [inappropriate/removed]. And Tebow does pose a larger threat, as I mentioned before, because of the cult following he has behind him. Every media person is calling for him, that is FAR more pressure imposed than anything Drew Stanton poses.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a question of better or worse...it's a matter of exploring options and disciplining players for poor play. When McKnight muffs returns and Kyle Wilson comes in, I smile. Not because Kyle is a better returner than McKnight, but because maybe our more talented returner will learn a thing or two by sitting on the bench. Maybe he'll play harder. Maybe he'll stop making mental mistakes. Maybe next week we'll see a better Joe McKnight -- one that takes a return back for six and doesn't muff any returns.

That's what I want to see out of Sanchez. No more red zone turnovers. No more "let me just try to throw the ball away" when he should just take the sack. No poor snaps. Eliminate the stupid mistakes. Protect the football. Sitting on the bench could do him some good...because playing through it obviously isn't. Evident by the Thursday night game.

That being said, we also have no idea if Rex would bench any players. Does he have the balls to bench Bart Scott for a much more talented Demario Davis? So far, it doesn't seem like it...Eric Smith for Brodney Pool a few years ago...who's to say if we had a better QB on the roster than Sanchez that he'd actually, you know, bench Sanchez? There's evidence to believe he wouldn't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

THEN WHY ARE YOU BRING HIM UP? He isn't good enough to push Sanchez, just because you have someone back there doesn't mean they are a threat. If anyone asked Sanchez, "do you fear that Drew Stanton will take your job." He would laugh in your face, as he should because Stanton is [inappropriate/removed]. And Tebow does pose a larger threat, as I mentioned before, because of the cult following he has behind him. Every media person is calling for him, that is FAR more pressure imposed than anything Drew Stanton poses.

I bring him up because he was on the damn team. You are 100% not understanding what we are saying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
It's not a question of better or worse...it's a matter of exploring options and disciplining players for poor play. When McKnight muffs returns and Kyle Wilson comes in, I smile. Not because Kyle is a better returner than McKnight, but because maybe our more talented returner will learn a thing or two by sitting on the bench. Maybe he'll play harder. Maybe he'll stop making mental mistakes. Maybe next week we'll see a better Joe McKnight -- one that takes a return back for six and doesn't muff any returns.

That's what I want to see out of Sanchez. No more red zone turnovers. No more "let me just try to throw the ball away" when he should just take the sack. No poor snaps. Eliminate the stupid mistakes. Protect the football. Sitting on the bench could do him some good...because playing through it obviously isn't. Evident by the Thursday night game.

That being said, we also have no idea if Rex would bench any players. Does he have the balls to bench Bart Scott for a much more talented Demario Davis? So far, it doesn't seem like it...Eric Smith for Brodney Pool a few years ago...who's to say if we had a better QB on the roster than Sanchez that he'd actually, you know, bench Sanchez? There's evidence to believe he wouldn't.

Bart Scott has been benched multiple times this and last season because of his play. Benching as a method of faux-discipline is cutting off your nose to spite your face. For all we know getting benched could make them far more hesitant to attempt making any type of play when they DO get back on the field which would be counter-productive to even putting them back out there.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart hasn't been benched, he's been held up by a foot injury.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:

That's not the way it works, you don't do that with NFL quarterbacks, no team does. If you move away from a QB that's it, he is not in your plans anymore. That's why it is such a controversy with Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

He should be benched. Demario Davis is the better player at this point.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Clearly. I mean, why would you hold a young player back and let someone who is god awful take away his PT? Because he's Rex's boy? Comon now. Davis has shown he can develop into a pretty nice player and they should realize that.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Clearly. I mean, why would you hold a young player back and let someone who is god awful take away his PT? Because he's Rex's boy? Comon now. Davis has shown he can develop into a pretty nice player and they should realize that.

Rex loves Scott, Thomas, Pace and Eric Smith. But Allen, Sapp and Davis should be playing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Rex loves Scott, Thomas, Pace and Eric Smith. But Allen, Sapp and Davis should be playing.

He cut Allen. I want to see him and Josh Bush play.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I know. Sucks that he likes playing older players instead of letting his young players that have potential develop and learn the game as rookies. Just sad because we have the potential to be so much better of a team.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I know. Sucks that he likes playing older players instead of letting his young players that have potential develop and learn the game as rookies. Just sad because we have the potential to be so much better of a team.

Plus it's highly possible they are all cap casualties. We need to see what these young guys have. Can't be any worse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/18139/playing-time-analysis-defense-7

Davis has more snaps than Thomas and Scott. Ricky Sapp has the same as Bart Scott. Bart Scott is a role player and has been for two years. Eric Smith has moved into that role player position. Bryan Thomas isn't an every down player. Calvin Pace still has his spot on the team, mostly because there is no one to replace him. Ricky Sapp is still really raw, and even there he can only be brought in on passing downs.

Allen is still a pretty big question mark, making some plays on special teams in one game but that's it. Should he be on the team? Yes but whose spot does he take? My guess is Eric Smith might have some clause in his contract about being cut early. Even then Eric Smith should also be on the roster as a role player. He shouldn't be a starter but he isn't. He is a hard worker and a good leader and isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: