Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
yesterday he said he didn't play Tebow because a rib injury, but yet he didn't suit up mcalroy . Always getting out coached , won't pull players who are not playing well . No adjustments during the game. I'm beginning to think they went to two straight afc championships , despite him and Sanchez not because of them

I do believe that Scott got pulled after that horrible blown coverage ...

Dont remember seeing him back on the field after that so he did pull someone. And he did make adjustments.

Also the team did not come out completely flat in the 2nd half

we did get out played though in all phases again
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post Delete Please

Last edited by KBS756 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Tebow had 2 bruised ribs and had trouble breathing yet he still
Suited him up. His decisions are just awful. Not much adjusting
for 3 TD's in 52 sec but lets face it , he never adjusts.
His uncanny ability to back mark is pathetic and im embarrassed
to hear it each and every week.
Im tired of the same cookie cutter responses
"Our fans deserve better, we had a great week of practice, were getting better
Every week." Its all rhetoric, its all pointless babbling.
I think hes stuck with a horrible roster and he cant say "our talent sucks"
But his decisions and mouth are both fowl (happy turkeyday- or the beginning of the end)

Fact is we dont have another QB on the roster to start ... Tebow isnt a QB... he's an excellent football player not a QB, and McElroy ... from what I remember of the preseason has a pretty weak arm but is a smart guy... neither seem to be starting or even back up material to me. If we had backups with any decent starting experience as a true drop back QB ... like Jason Campbell ... hell even Drew Stanton ... I bet we would have made the switch

In a situation like that you dont throw ur only option at QB under the Bus because its going to do you no good. Tebows injury doesnt increase chances of Mark being pulled either.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the coaching staff was high on McElroy, he'd be active for games like this past Thursday...

Think about it. Rex has an injured Tebow and Sanchez active...after telling Tebow he wouldn't have him play unless he absolutely had to. Keeps McElroy inactive instead of active, essentially giving us one active QB for the game. Why not activate McElroy for the game? You mean he's that bad that you'd rather have an injured Tebow, whom wasn't in the gameplan whatsoever, active over the healthy McElroy? The only thing that adds up to, is a lack of trust in McElroy...which is a shame because I'd like to see what the young man can do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex doesn't want to bench Sanchez. I wish we had Stanton.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

THis is exactly why everyone needs to go. Just when we think were moving in the right direction, we bring in tebow.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a bad coach/front office to take a team to two consecutive AFCCGs then make themselves the laughing stock of the NFL. Herm and Mangini were better. I feel like Rex is a coward and doesn't take control of anything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
It takes a bad coach/front office to take a team to two consecutive AFCCGs then make themselves the laughing stock of the NFL. Herm and Mangini were better. I feel like Rex is a coward and doesn't take control of anything.

Ive honestly never hated a HC more after these past two years.

teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

THis is exactly why everyone needs to go. Just when we think were moving in the right direction, we bring in tebow.

Do you guys really think Drew Stanton is the difference maker? He is a back up for reason
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Do you guys really think Drew Stanton is the difference maker? He is a back up for reason
I don't think it'd make a major difference necessarily, but as with any change at a starting position, it'd at least provide the wake up call some of these guys need...the guys on SNY have been saying it and it's so true. The players on this team are too comfortable because they don't think Rex will bench them. It doesn't matter who it is...if Bart, Sanchez, McKnight, whoever (hopefully all three) are benched maybe it sends a message that turning the ball over/sucking so much is unacceptable at this level. No one's job should be safe. You earn it every week

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I don't think it'd make a major difference necessarily, but as with any change at a starting position, it'd at least provide the wake up call some of these guys need...the guys on SNY have been saying it and it's so true. The players on this team are too comfortable because they don't think Rex will bench them. It doesn't matter who it is...if Bart, Sanchez, McKnight, whoever (hopefully all three) are benched maybe it sends a message that turning the ball over/sucking so much is unacceptable at this level. No one's job should be safe. You earn it every week

I find that to be hilarious. When you watch Sanchez does he look comfortable? For all the criticism of Sanchez one thing people cannot dispute is his work ethic/motivation. The New York media makes our players uncomfortable enough that they worry about their job.

Also no teams benches their starter unless they are truly awful. The only teams to bench their QB was Cardinals and Kansas City. As bad as our QB situation is it isn't quite that bad.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I find that to be hilarious. When you watch Sanchez does he look comfortable? For all the criticism of Sanchez one thing people cannot dispute is his work ethic/motivation. The New York media makes our players uncomfortable enough that they worry about their job.

Also no teams benches their starter unless they are truly awful. The only teams to bench their QB was Cardinals and Kansas City. As bad as our QB situation is it isn't quite that bad.

Mark Sanchez went the wrong direction on a handoff and ran into the [inappropriate/removed] of his guard causing him to fumble, if thats not awful then nothing is. He has warranted being benched several times and not just in this season. We've shown him nothing be loyalty and at this point its unwarranted. Theres no accountability on this team. We send the message that you can play terrible, and make the same mistakes over and over again while also being careless with the football and still have a job.

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

When you listen to Sanchez does he sound uncomfortable? Listen to some soundbites of him and compare it to Mike Vick. Vick had no problem going on record saying that Reid could be looking at QB change. Sanchez has no problem telling you he's "too confident," that he'd lose his job. He's not "threatened."

He might be disappointed in his performance, but he's certainly not humbled enough to realize he could lose his job. No one is. Because on our 4-7 team, no one has lost their job.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Mark Sanchez went the wrong direction on a handoff and ran into the [inappropriate/removed] of his guard causing him to fumble, if thats not awful then nothing is. He has warranted being benched several times and not just in this season. We've shown him nothing be loyalty and at this point its unwarranted. Theres no accountability on this team. We send the message that you can play terrible, and make the same mistakes over and over again while also being careless with the football and still have a job.
Exactly. No one on this team is scared. Few are playing like their starting job is on the line for this year...for next year. If it's not evident in the post-game interviews, it's clear as day in the performances. I'm not even talking about poor corner play by Kyle Wilson or some crap like that...I'm talking basic fundamentals like running into your OL to fumble, fumbling kick returns, fumbling punt returns, turnovers in the red zone...basic things.

Part of this is being prepared by the coaching staff...part of this is mental toughness...but the biggest part of this is just laziness. Joe McKnight wasn't a chronic fumbler all his career...Sanchez wasn't a turnover machine in the red zone in years past. These aren't issues of TALENT. This is just laziness. That's what happens when players feel entitled to their jobs. They're getting paid anyways and who cares about the fundamentals when I'm maintaining my snap count every Sunday...I'm going to get my salary, my bonuses and that's that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

How are you getting that from the comments?

I wish we had Stanton because he could actually push Sanchez and get snaps. Tebow is awful that's why he's not playing. Stanton is probably an upgrade over Sanchez. We would still be in the same situation but at least we'd find out if Rex has balls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: