Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Head Coaching Candidates Opttions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: NFL Head Coaching Candidates Opttions Reply with quote

Now Plz read this is something very informative I found on NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084807/article/chip-kelly-perry-fewell-among-top-nfl-head-coach-candidates

Now Whats funny Is I mentioned Kyle Shanahan & a lot of you guys labeled me the object of ridicule as if I have No clue about the game of football.
It seems around the league that at 32 Kyle is EXCELLENT WITH QB & A OFFENSIVE GENIUS Cool
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one ridiculed you. Many just stated that he isn't ready for a HC position. I think he's a lot like McDaniels in the sense he needs to mature a little more before he's going to be a successful HC and if he needs to be humbled a bit like McDaniels I don't want that to come at our expense.

I'd really like to know when exactly disagreeing with someone became ridicule...

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is saying that he isn't a good playcaller. I just don't think he will be a good head coach.

Being a good head coach requires more than calling plays. I don't think players will like him and play for him.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't serious when I made the ridicule comment just me nitpicking.
Me personally I like Kyle he shows emotion & he get the best out of his players. What player in the league don't like making plays & being put in a position to make money.

Now as for the Josh McDaniels comparison,I just don't see it Josh is just Stupid. He pretty much had a loaded superbowl contending team handed to him,but he dismantle the whole franchise. He wanted MAtt Kassel over Jay Cutler which is why Cutler wanted a trade. He asked Denver to trade MArshall necause of his attitude, and last he drafted Tim Tebow Rolling Eyes
Josh Mcdaniels is in a class of his own self
Titans_31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think somebody like wade phillips or rob ryan id like us to get a defensive minded head coach.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
I wasn't serious when I made the ridicule comment just me nitpicking.
Me personally I like Kyle he shows emotion & he get the best out of his players. What player in the league don't like making plays & being put in a position to make money.

Now as for the Josh McDaniels comparison,I just don't see it Josh is just Stupid. He pretty much had a loaded superbowl contending team handed to him,but he dismantle the whole franchise. He wanted MAtt Kassel over Jay Cutler which is why Cutler wanted a trade. He asked Denver to trade MArshall necause of his attitude, and last he drafted Tim Tebow Rolling Eyes
Josh Mcdaniels is in a class of his own self

But he's a brilliant OC. My point is that just because Shanny is a brilliant offensive mind doesn't mean he'll be a good OC. Shanny has a pretty big ego from what I understand, almost McDaniels like. McDaniels isn't stupid but his ego is his downfall and I see the same thing happening with Shanny. I could always be wrong, just my 2 cents.

Adopt A Titan

TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be the only one, but I would be kind of excited to have Chip Kelly.

Yes, yes I know that drastic alterations to his offense would need to be made in order to suceed in the NFL, but he is smart, a leader, fiery, always prepared, and has been a successful college head coach for years now.

But the number one thing that intrigues me the most about Chip is what he could do with Jake Locker. I think those two guys could do something special together.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stay away from Rob Ryan!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly intrigues me as well, simply because he's a radical innovator who takes risks and plays to win the game. Think of how long it's been since we could say anything like that about our team.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Chip Kelly intrigues me as well, simply because he's a radical innovator who takes risks and plays to win the game. Think of how long it's been since we could say anything like that about our team.

I'd only want Kelly if he bring Alioti with him. Alioti knows how to run a sick defense. There would be no lack of blitzing Laughing

Adopt A Titan

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article on Yahoo about Chip Kelly and his coaching style.

Link
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
prozac77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have kinda disregarded Chip Kelly as far as head coaching candidates go. I, like others, have assumed that he would come to the NFL, implement his hurry-up spread offense, fail, and then go right back to college. But I youtube'd him, watched some of his interviews, and then this video caught my attention http://youtu.be/Z9fWpnxyUcU

"No ones married to an offense or defense".

He has a lot of speed at Oregon so he uses the offense which utilizes them best. If he were to head coach an NFL team, I believe he would tailor the offense to whatever talent he had. Not force them into the one he uses with Oregon now.

Whether the Titans picked him up for 2013 or some other NFL team did, I would be interested in what he does. Not to mention there have been a couple good NFL head coaches from the college ranks lately.
VY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

Agree, I'd imagine he'd actually try to incorporate our best players unlike Palmer has so far. Guys like Cook and Britt need to have plenty of chances to make their impact. The thing about a guy like Chip Kelly is his offense focuses on generating as many plays as possible for the best odds of being productive.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Agree, I'd imagine he'd actually try to incorporate our best players unlike Palmer has so far. Guys like Cook and Britt need to have plenty of chances to make their impact. The thing about a guy like Chip Kelly is his offense focuses on generating as many plays as possible for the best odds of being productive.

Funny, I saw a stat that Britt leads the team in routes run... and Cook is 3rd behind Britt and Washington. (something along the lines of 75% of all passes).

Now, Cook may play on a smaller % of total snaps... obviously because he lacks as a blocker... but he's in there as much as anyone else on passing plays.

The offensive philosophy is not the problem. I think we will see that with Locker back in the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Chip Kelly if Munch gets fired.
That said, I'm fine with Munch.
Also, if Bud fires Munch, do you really expect him to pony up the cash for what may be the biggest name (and a guy who already turned down one head coaching gig) around?

We all know that if Munch is fired, we'll be getting a middling record, low cost guy. Perry Fewell will cost a lot, Chip Kelly will cost a lot. Don't see it happening.

But yeah, Chip Kelly and Locker could do amazing things together... beautiful things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: