Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you had to blame one person who would it be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could blame one person for the Titans' horrific season, who would it be?
Mike Munchak
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Chris Palmer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jerry Gray
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Bud Adams
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Jake Locker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hasselbeck
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Michael Griffin
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Colin McCarthy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Offense (as a whole)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Defense (as a whole)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

titans_5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put it on bud.. he needs to hurry up and die.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:

I don't think there is any doubt that Bud has been meddlesome in the past, but I can't come to blame him for everything that has happened this year. I know alot of fans want to blame him for preventing the FO from signing key free agents in the offseason, but lets face it, Tennessee has never really been active in FA anyways. Even with butting in this offseason, we were somehow able to sign Kamerion Wimbley. He's one of the biggest FA's Tennessee has acquired in years.

People also want to blame him for our horrid offensive line because we were unable to sign guys like Myers and Wells, but lets be honest, Myers wasn't coming here and Wells wasn't that great anyways (and had a lingering injury correct? Was injured in week 1, and out for the season). Our offensive line is on our coaches and FO, IMO. It's up to the FO to find talent in the draft and up to the coaches to develop and play the best players.

The offensive line struggled so bad at the start of the season because the interior is just flat out not good. Hasn't been for a couple years now, but it was the FO that decided not to upgrade those posistions via the draft. Once they finally realized the interior's not that good it was to late. They didn't have anyone better to replace any of them. Velasco? Matthews? They weren't gonna be magically better than our starters or they would have been starting last year. I truly believe that was on Munchak. He thought he and Bruce could somehow make them work. The running game has gotten better in the last couple weeks, but our interior offensive line is still garbage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:

cmon man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Griffin managed to get a piggy back ride from Matt Forte, receive a 15 yard horse collar penalty, and cost himself $20,000 all in one play.

I'm just throwing that out there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Michael Griffin managed to get a piggy back ride from Matt Forte, receive a 15 yard horse collar penalty, and cost himself $20,000 all in one play.

I'm just throwing that out there.

Dude's on a whole other level of suckage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go few different directions with this one but im blaming the GMs of this franchise. Reese put us in cap hell. Also we waited to long to find a replacement for McNair and were still trying to replace McNair. We prob should of drafted a replacement in 04 or 05 maybe 05 especially since Aaron Rodgers fell we ether should of took him with our first pick or attempted to trade back in to get him like GB did. Now our future has an injury that could always linger threw out his career. I blame the GM even this year we missed out on key free agents like Mario Williams Chris Meyers Scott Wells Jeff Saturday Dan Koppen or anyone that could of been a good veteran center. Velascoes doing fine but i still feel like were lacking there you dont really see him point out blitzes like the other veterans do. I blame the GM

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Vince Young

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
I blame Vince Young

Agreed. We had our problems but were building the team the right way till he showed up. It was time for Fish to move on but you've gotta wonder if Bud's meddling and forcing VY to start even though Fish said he wasn't ready had something to do with Fish losing the locker room.

It's not this season but let's not act like things like that haven't had a huge impact on where we're at right now.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon

Last edited by latinoaustino on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this season's failure? Jerry Gray. He has single handedly crafted the worst, most embarassing defense, maybe in NFL history. I don't know if Tom Brady could beat teams that constitently drop 40+ points on us.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
For this season's failure? Jerry Gray. He has single handedly crafted the worst, most embarassing defense, maybe in NFL history. I don't know if Tom Brady could beat teams that constitently drop 40+ points on us.

Piggybacking on this with 110% agreement.

Bud is always going to be Bud, through the good and the bad. We already know this. If Munchak's not truly HC material, then he's not to blame for that. Some guys got it and some guys don't. But I think it's too soon to call. Plus he went from being a position coach straight to HC without even being an OC first. It didn't work well for Jim Zorn, and I don't think it does Munchak any favors either.

EDIT: I like what Palmer had to say about it, sticking up for Munch like that. Makes a lot a sense whether people accept it or not...
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/08/chris-palmer-defends-munchak-offense/

But Jerry Gray should be far better than this BS. It's one thing if the defense is just bad because we have no talent, but our defense is downright laughable. I'll dare say that his coaching is embarassing the talent with the playcalling and some of the schemes he's running. On top of that, his undying stubborness to not change any of it when the whole world sees that it's not working. I used to give him a lot of credit for his football smarts, but I have no choice but to completely revoke that credit. Any time a team wants to pad their offensive stats or make nobodys into superstars, all they have to do is play the Titans.

prozac77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Gray. I hate pinning the blame on just ONE person but yeah, Jerry Gray.
Coolconman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Andre Woolfolk and Vince Young

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the reason Griffin doesn't tackle well is because of past shoulder injuries. because if you look back on his rookie yr & up to 2009 dude was a hard hitter sure tackler. I'll never forget the hit he put on reggie wayne. Griffin Clocked him & made him fumble but since then he's softer than tissue..
I really think we should demote him to parking lot duty & serving Hot dogs for 50yrs till he work his 35 mill contract off
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Coolconman1 Andre Woolflork LOL HAAA.
How about Pacman Jones, Bo scaife Nick Harper Lamont Thompson..
Serious though I blame Alge Crumpler for that goaline fumble in 08 & the Ravens dirty play injuring CJ Then I blame Fisher & young 50-50
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
I honestly think the reason Griffin doesn't tackle well is because of past shoulder injuries. because if you look back on his rookie yr & up to 2009 dude was a hard hitter sure tackler. I'll never forget the hit he put on reggie wayne. Griffin Clocked him & made him fumble but since then he's softer than tissue..
I really think we should demote him to parking lot duty & serving Hot dogs for 50yrs till he work his 35 mill contract off

Ya the only bright spot in the 59-0 game was Griffin laid out Moss and made him miss a few plays i miss that Griffin

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: