Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

But Brady gets all day to throw! A statistical look @all QBs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nefarious Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: But Brady gets all day to throw! A statistical look @all QBs Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These numbers don't prove much other than Brady gets sacked most often on plays where he doesn't have anyone open (or on plays which take awhile to develop)
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
These numbers don't prove much other than EVERY QUARTERBACK EVER gets sacked most often on plays where he doesn't have anyone open (or on plays which take awhile to develop)

I think that works a little better...
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These numbers just further solidify what I attempt to tell these idiots who believe that the offensive line is the primary reason for Brady's success....he gets rid of the ball as quick, if not quicker than anyone.

Those plays where it seems like he has all day are a result of the opposition sending 3-4 pass rushers and blitzing Brady less than any quarterback in football.

tonyto3690

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no these numbers are wrong.

Brady clearly as five elite hofers protecting him and giving Unfairly copious amounts of time to pass.

Sarcasm aside I'm surprised that he was as low as he was... 33rd? I mean that's awful and the eye test says our ol isn't THAT bad.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

Brady clearly as five elite hofers protecting him and giving Unfairly copious amounts of time to pass.

Sarcasm aside I'm surprised that he was as low as he was... 33rd? I mean that's awful and the eye test says our ol isn't THAT bad.

You're looking at the wrong list, the first list is time from drop back to throw, how fast a QB is getting rid of the ball. If you scroll down you get to "Time until sack" list where Brady is 16th.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

You're looking at the wrong list, the first list is time from drop back to throw, how fast a QB is getting rid of the ball. If you scroll down you get to "Time until sack" list where Brady is 16th.

Well time of release is directly correlated with how long he trusts the ol to hold until he has toget rid of it. I suppose the second list is more indicative
Though.

Brees that night:
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These stats are so flawed it's untrue.

Brady often gets rid of the ball before pressure dictates he does because our offense is predicated on quick throws, quick decisions and pre-snap reads.

Brady may have had 5-6 seconds on some of those throws, but but because the option was available, he would have thrown the ball, meaning the statistic would have been plotted as 'got rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds' skewing the viewers conclusion that Brady didn't have time to throw.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
These stats are so flawed it's untrue.

Brady often gets rid of the ball before pressure dictates he does because our offense is predicated on quick throws, quick decisions and pre-snap reads.

Brady may have had 5-6 seconds on some of those throws, but but because the option was available, he would have thrown the ball, meaning the statistic would have been plotted as 'got rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds' skewing the viewers conclusion that Brady didn't have time to throw.

Brees throws the ball to underneath screens/dumpoffs far more often than anyone, including Brady, and Brees is still 10 spots higher than Brady.

If we were talking about one game or a series you might have a point, but over the course of the season it averages out. Brady throws passes under 10 yards about the same as anyone else, maybe a bit more, but throws quite a bit 10-30 yard passes.

Brees that night:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: