Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News/Info Thread 3 (Foles' job, Vick officially benched)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be careful at calling this draft class a good one - we did the same the last two.

We (and the media) also have a habit of overhyping players (for example Jamar Chaney)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
We should be careful at calling this draft class a good one - we did the same the last two.

We (and the media) also have a habit of overhyping players (for example Jamar Chaney)

I haven't seen Jamar Chaney do anything deserving of Rolle, Jordan, And Casey receiving a drop of playing time over him. Chaney is just in Reid's dog house just like Damaris not getting time over Jason Avant, Riley Cooper, Havili and Gilyard. Havili plays more when a receiver or TE gets injured.

Last edited by PowerElite on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Explain how "if they continue" and "would" is calling anything anything? You need to slow down on the Howie hate. If you don't like him fine, then don't like him. But right now it's clouding your thinking.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of you already understand this but I think 3 years is the typical benchmark for grading any draft. I'm not saying 2011 has a chance... but things can swing either way.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Explain how "if they continue" and "would" is calling anything anything? You need to slow down on the Howie hate. If you don't like him fine, then don't like him. But right now it's clouding your thinking.

I just think he's a bad person to be the GM if he has final say over personnel.

I actually like this draft class, but we always seem to say "Wow this player is doing really well" when in fact they've been ok.

And if Kendricks continues playing like he has the last few weeks, we're in trouble, he's been god damm awful.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Plus how is it clouding my thinking?

He's done good work with the cap and contracts, but what else - his free agent signings haven't exactly set the world on fire. In fact, you could say they've done more bad than good.

What about the draft? We have cut 2 high picks of his draft already and we have serious question marks over another one.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

I actually like this draft class, but we always seem to say "Wow this player is doing really well" when in fact they've been ok.

And if Kendricks continues playing like he has the last few weeks, we're in trouble, he's been god damm awful.

Kendricks did fall off the map for awhile. Hopefully it's just the "rookie wall". He played somewhat better vs. Dallas, though.

Cox has been up and down, but mostly up. He does the little things that make you think he might end up pretty darn good. He actually has been "doing really well".

Last time I saw anyone mention Kendricks, he was "doing really well" at the time.

This class looks like we might have a real winner - so far. (so far means based on the information we currently have, BTW. Which means it could change. So Razz )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Kendricks did fall off the map for awhile. Hopefully it's just the "rookie wall". He played somewhat better vs. Dallas, though.

Cox has been up and down, but mostly up. He does the little things that make you think he might end up pretty darn good. He actually has been "doing really well".

Last time I saw anyone mention Kendricks, he was "doing really well" at the time.

This class looks like we might have a real winner - so far. (so far means based on the information we currently have, BTW. Which means it could change. So Razz )

I agree on the last point - so far. Though only time will tell. We are hanging a lot of faith on one player who hasn't even been active yet and the other who just saw his first action last week.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroadwayJoe wrote:

And as I sad initially. The gap APPEARS to be wider because Nicks has two 1,000 yard receiving seasons and a pro-bowl and you have to take that into account when comparing the two.

That's the most rediculous claim yet. First and let's be clear. In 2010 when Maclin had his 964 he was INTENTIONALLY sat week 17 for the playoffs despite easily attaining the 1000 yd bench mark you all love to throw out there. Last season Despite the illness Maclin was on pace for almost 1100 yds but missed 3 games. Playing in a Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing these days, it's a joke.

Not one person has been able to explain to me or anyone else in this thread that has unfortunately turn into another Maclin thread. Exactly how if Hakeem Nicks who was sent down by the Gods with Superior Hands, Footwork,RZ ability, route running ,overall skills and top 10 talent can have Damn near identical stats to a scrub WR like Jeremy Maclin who is at best in the mid 20's? Please don't come back with pass happy BS when the Giants the past few years have chucked it up with the best of them. This is not the 2007 Giants where the running game dominated the offense.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs, Bacon attributed it to the notion that Nicks gets double covered and gets more attention.

Though there hasn't been any evidence of this, I feel that claim is weak and doesn't account for the similarity in numbers.

I don't remember the Eagles having to prepare for Nicks that much. I don't remember us being dictated by Nicks.

Every time we play the Giants, Nicks is another weapon who is good, but isn't really that dominating guy that we're all keeping our eye on.

Also in 2011 Victor Cruz had already arrived, putting up over 1500 yards receiving. So in essence, Cruz would be the more threatening player to defenses which should open Nicks up, which is what happened in the playoffs and throughout 2011.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RollEagles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two Giants receivers in recent memory that I remember torching us are Victor Cruz lately and Plaxico Burress a few years ago.

I'll never forget that overtime catch when Jim Johnson dialed up a blitz and Burress had Sheldon Brown one on one and just burned him and caught the game winning touch down pass Sad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
BroadwayJoe wrote:

And as I sad initially. The gap APPEARS to be wider because Nicks has two 1,000 yard receiving seasons and a pro-bowl and you have to take that into account when comparing the two.

That's the most rediculous claim yet. First and let's be clear. In 2010 when Maclin had his 964 he was INTENTIONALLY sat week 17 for the playoffs despite easily attaining the 1000 yd bench mark you all love to throw out there. Last season Despite the illness Maclin was on pace for almost 1100 yds but missed 3 games. Playing in a Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing these days, it's a joke.

Not one person has been able to explain to me or anyone else in this thread that has unfortunately turn into another Maclin thread. Exactly how if Hakeem Nicks who was sent down by the Gods with Superior Hands, Footwork,RZ ability, route running ,overall skills and top 10 talent can have Damn near identical stats to a scrub WR like Jeremy Maclin who is at best in the mid 20's? Please don't come back with pass happy BS when the Giants the past few years have chucked it up with the best of them. This is not the 2007 Giants where the running game dominated the offense.

But they don't have identical stats when you add in Nicks' 444 yards and 4 TDs in the postseason. This is where the trick was played on you all. He only took the stats of these two players during the regular season negating the dominance we all have seen from Nicks during the postseason as if it never happened. Well it did happen and so it factors into why we know for certain that Nicks is superior to Maclin.
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Only two Giants receivers in recent memory that I remember torching us are Victor Cruz lately and Plaxico Burress a few years ago.

I'll never forget that overtime catch when Jim Johnson dialed up a blitz and Burress had Sheldon Brown one on one and just burned him and caught the game winning touch down pass Sad.

Yeah, Plaxico created ridiculously unfavorable matchups to our secondary. Bad days.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

RollEagles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
BroadwayJoe wrote:

But they don't have identical stats when you add in Nicks' 444 yards and 4 TDs in the postseason. This is where the trick was played on you all. He only took the stats of these two players during the regular season negating the dominance we all have seen from Nicks during the postseason as if it never happened. Well it did happen and so it factors into why we know for certain that Nicks is superior to Maclin.

Nicks has played in 4 postseason games.

He is averaging 111 yards per game and 1 TD catch per game.

Maclin has played in 2 postseason games.

He is averaging 109.5 yards per game and 0.5 TD catches per game.

SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
BroadwayJoe wrote:

Nicks did it in 4 games.

Here are Maclin's stats for 2 games in the post season:

219 yards, 1 touchdown.

So if we multiply that by 2 to adjust the amount of games, Maclin would be on pace for:

438 yards and 2 touchdowns, compared to Hakeem:
444 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not that big of a difference.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 35 of 99

Jump to: