You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News/Info Thread 3 (Foles' job, Vick officially benched)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Yea the only time I thought he would amount to anything was when I was trying to convince Arizona fans that they wanted to give up alot to get him.

Laughing Too true my dude.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
oland11 wrote:
We should have stuck with Kolbatron and traded Vick for a first or a second at the end of 2010.

Hindsight Wink

We'd still be in the crapper, and I was Pro giving Kolb a go

I still, to this day, believe that Kolb is a good quarterback. He's been put in an awful situation in Arizona, but he's played well.

A good Oline, a good running game and some weapons and I think he could be a good QB.

Maybe Kolb would've sucked enough for us to get a decent pick in 2011 or 2012

Kiltman on the sig
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:
I give roseman credit for getting the players here to give Reid a chance.

Nnamdi? Jenkins? Vince Young? Demetrus Bell? Steve Smith? Laughing None were worth the money. The free agency was a total failure!

In hindsight, it was a failure. But I don't think roseman was picking the targets, just getting them signed.

Besides, most of the signings made complete sense, they just didn't pan out. That said, how many players on this team have looked good the past 2 years?Even the ones with the talent to be good haven't lived up to expectations.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:

Nnamdi? Jenkins? Vince Young? Demetrus Bell? Steve Smith? Laughing None were worth the money. The free agency was a total failure!

Forget Young and Bell for a moment. They suck.

But, when good players like Asomugha and Jenkins go to a different team and stink out the joint does it mean they've become bad players?
Or does it mean the organization failed?

When you say free agency failed, I think you have to qualify it by adding that while some signings were failures, others were not, but ultimately failed due to other variables.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:

Forget Young and Bell for a moment. They suck.

But, when good players like Asomugha and Jenkins go to a different team and stink out the joint does it mean they've become bad players?
Or does it mean the organization failed?

When you say free agency failed, I think you have to qualify it by adding that while some signings were failures, others were not, but ultimately failed due to other variables.

"None were worth the money" was key in my post...
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moronwhig on the usage of Shady

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d8Y84?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=philadelphia-eagles

When it was pointed out to Mornhinweg that the Eagles are 3-0 in the three games this season when McCoy had at least 20 carries, and 0-6 in the six games when he had fewer than 20 carries, Mornhinweg dismissed it.
Quote:
I make that were in four-minute [offense] at the end of the game, so he gets a few more carries, Mornhinweg said. Its just simple.

I didn't verify it but they say he's 8th in the league in carries and 4th and total touches.

That could be the result of so many plays we're on the field. I haven't looked lately but we've been exceeding the 60-65 play avg from '11 by a wide margin.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:

"None were worth the money" was key in my post...

But how can you determine they would be if the market sets the amount of one players expected contract...

Like Scrabble was considered one of the best free agents to come available in the last decade as ALL PROs and Potential 1st round HOF's rarely hit the market. His pay scale was already determined before he was even a free agent.

Every one and there mother said that was the right move by the Eagles go out and do ...

hahaha you act like they should of went with the "Scrabble? that is your name right!? right... we were thinking in a year or so your skills might drastically drop from injury and scheme or lack there of scheme and were thinking about offfering you 10 million for 3 years but if you prove your not decaying and are really all they make you up to be then we will throw in 60 million ok!?"

Like there is a Rosseta Stone to NFL Free Agents...

no its like you either have the intention of paying him or him and his agent wouldnt even walked in our front door to sit down and even talk.

OVERPAYING RIGHT NOW IS GOOOD

We have made Philly a hot free agent spot in the NFL... We even catered to pampered self center athletes like DeSean... Guys all over the NFL looking for a pay day and a place to be them selves are thinking Philly these days... and thats a great thing... Once no one wanted to play here and not the whole league would love to... thats huge. huge.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None were worth the money but they were worth the shot.
Plus how do we know we wouldn't be even worse without them.

The core of tr problem is that we cut all our vets and started semi-rebuilding.
Then Vick arrived and convinced everyone we could "win-now".

We started amassing free agents to fill the gaps.

Instead we became a roster of hired guns and sell swords complacent with their contracts and not really hungry. Together that with a mess of a coaching staff and we've concocted the perfect disaster recipe.

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I argued that forcing a win-now approach on our roster would set the franchise back a few years.

Everyone was bidazzled by Vick.

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
FWIW I argued that forcing a win-now approach on our roster would set the franchise back a few years.

I feel ya brother
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
None were worth the money but they were worth the shot.
Plus how do we know we wouldn't be even worse without them.

The core of tr problem is that we cut all our vets and started semi-rebuilding.
Then Vick arrived and convinced everyone we could "win-now".

We started amassing free agents to fill the gaps.

Instead we became a roster of hired guns and sell swords complacent with their contracts and not really hungry. Together that with a mess of a coaching staff and we've concocted the perfect disaster recipe.

I agree.

I think Reid dug his own grave when he went against everything he stood for when he dropped Kolb for Vick.

In my opinion, the last 3 years have been a direct result of that decision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I feel ya brother

He did make a few shiny plays, but he got worked out so quickly.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Instead we became a roster of hired guns and sell swords complacent with their contracts and not really hungry.

Laughing

I don't think the problem is "hunger", the players is playing hard, maybe a lack of focus.

Kiltman on the sig
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
Instead we became a roster of hired guns and sell swords complacent with their contracts and not really hungry.

Laughing

I don't think the problem is "hunger", the players is playing hard, maybe a lack of focus.

It's a lack of continuity - you could know the plays, but if you haven't got chemistry with each other, then cracks are bound to appear.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:

Laughing

There's no urgency. They play hard because they know how to.
The tackling problem isn't because these guys don't know how to tackle, it's complacency.
We stand around watching guys make--and miss--tackles.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 38 of 99

Jump to: