Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

See I don't see that at all. When I look at the rosters I see a much more talented team in Minnesota.

I disagree but okay. Don't have the time to go through the rosters right now but I think overall we are better.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

See I don't see that at all. When I look at the rosters I see a much more talented team in Minnesota.

I feel like you're in the minority, but everyone has their opinion.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Outside of the Johnson and Stafford combination I don't see any area that the Lions are better.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Outside of the Johnson and Stafford combination I don't see any area that the Lions are better.

That's like saying besides Aaron Rodgers there isn't an area in which the Packers are better than the Chiefs.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

That's like saying besides Aaron Rodgers there isn't an area in which the Packers are better than the Chiefs.

No it's not because the Packers have a lot of defensive talent on their front 7 as well as their secondary. Rodgers also has more than 1 very good receiver to throw the ball to.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

No it's not because the Packers have a lot of defensive talent on their front 7 as well as their secondary. Rodgers also has more than 1 very good receiver to throw the ball to.

I'd take the Chief's front seven over the Packers any day.

But that wasn't my point. I was illustrating the fact that a difference in the talent at QB can make such a big difference as to minimize the flaws elsewhere on a team. If Stafford and Megatron were playing at their 2011 levels this team would still be in contention for the division.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
I was illustrating the fact that a difference in the talent at QB can make such a big difference as to minimize the flaws elsewhere on a team. If Stafford and Megatron were playing at their 2011 levels this team would still be in contention for the division.

That I agree with especially in today's pass happy NFL.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Stafford has more then one good receiver. Honestly if there was a poll 99.9 percent of people would take Det entire receiving core over Minny.

You act like it is just the Stafford and Johnson show.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Outside of AP/Jared Allen I don't see much on the Minny roster. And watching the game Sun really only made that perception even worse.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Outside of AP/Jared Allen I don't see much on the Minny roster. And watching the game Sun really only made that perception even worse.

Looking over the rosters I see this:

QB: Advantage Lions
RB: Vikings
WR: Lions
OL: Vikings
DL: Vikings
LB: Lions
Secondary: Vikings
Special Teams: Vikings

Last edited by Nbanflguy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Im sorry,but I feel like we watched a different game on Sunday. The Vikings played really well and had you beat 34-17 before a prevent defense td. If you were talking about our earlier game against each other you might make alittle sense, but idk what you saw yesterday that left you with such a bad impression on the Vikings.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

Stafford has more then one good receiver. Honestly if there was a poll 99.9 percent of people would take Det entire receiving core over Minny.

I would too. I'm not debating that. I'm debating that your team and units as a whole are not as good as Minnesota.

I think we have a much better offensive line. I think our defensive line and secondary is also better. I know our running backs and special teams are better. You could give the linebackers a push. The TE's would be in your favor if Pettigrew didn't drop so many balls.

On paper the Lions may looks better but their performance has yet to dictate that.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

LB: Vikings

Haha good joke. However, when we are sarcastic on the Lions forum, we use green text so it's easier to spot.

Team Stylish
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Haha good joke. However, when we are sarcastic on the Lions forum, we use green text so it's easier to spot.

Whats wrong with it? Iactually should give you guys the edge at LB, but that is it. Why dont you give me your list?
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Whats wrong with it? Iactually should give you guys the edge at LB, but that is it. Why dont you give me your list?

Well LB for starters isn't that close in my mind. Greenway is the only one of your guys who would see any defensive snaps over any of our guys imo.

As for Dline, I'll say that Allen >>>>>>> KVB, but the rest of our Dline is not only better, but significantly deeper as well.

Both of our teams secondary is a mess, but I think both Delmas and Houston would be the best players at their position when healthy.

Once again, when it comes to Oline you guys have one guy who seems to be great, and that's your rookie Kalil. I think with maybe the exception of RG the rest of our Oline is better. Would still love to see Reiff get more snaps though, he looks like he will be a stud.

Special teams as a group is a no-brainer for you guys though, but with the game on the line and a field goal to win it or send it to overtime I'd still rather have Jason Hanson kicking for me.

Also obviously I agree with you about RB as well.

All of this is of course my opinion, but I'd think most subjective and knowledgeable fans would agree.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: