Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 10 Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

See I don't see that at all. When I look at the rosters I see a much more talented team in Minnesota.

I feel like you're in the minority, but everyone has their opinion.

Outside of the Johnson and Stafford combination I don't see any area that the Lions are better.

Outside of AP/Jared Allen I don't see much on the Minny roster. And watching the game Sun really only made that perception even worse.

Looking over the rosters I see this:

QB: Advantage Lions
RB: Vikings
WR: Lions
OL: Vikings
DL: Vikings
LB: Vikings
Secondary: Vikings
Special Teams: Vikings

Haha good joke. However, when we are sarcastic on the Lions forum, we use green text so it's easier to spot.

Whats wrong with it? Iactually should give you guys the edge at LB, but that is it. Why dont you give me your list?

Well LB for starters isn't that close in my mind. Greenway is the only one of your guys who would see any defensive snaps over any of our guys imo.

As for Dline, I'll say that Allen >>>>>>> KVB, but the rest of our Dline is not only better, but significantly deeper as well.

Both of our teams secondary is a mess, but I think both Delmas and Houston would be the best players at their position when healthy.

Once again, when it comes to Oline you guys have one guy who seems to be great, and that's your rookie Kalil. I think with maybe the exception of RG the rest of our Oline is better. Would still love to see Reiff get more snaps though, he looks like he will be a stud.

Special teams as a group is a no-brainer for you guys though, but with the game on the line and a field goal to win it or send it to overtime I'd still rather have Jason Hanson kicking for me.

Also obviously I agree with you about RB as well.

All of this is of course my opinion, but I'd think most subjective and knowledgeable fans would agree.

The Vikings secondary actually has not been a mess this year. We have a decent pass D and I would take Winfield over any player in the Lions secondary. Harrison Smith and Cris Cook are very solid emerging players and rookie Josh Robinson has shown alot of good things this year and is one of the fastest players in the league.

On Offensive Line, our Center John Sullivan is one of the best Centers in the league and for what its worth, Pro Football talk has had him ranked as the #1 Center in the league all year. Phil Loadholt is also decent and Brandon Fusco is a great Run Blocker. Charlie Johnson is garbage though.

Our D Line has 2 pro bowl players in Jared Allen and Kevin Williams. Brian Robison is also really solid and Everson Griffin is a really talented and athletic pass rusher. We also have more sacks and rank 7th in average ypc allowed while you guys rank 27th.

LineBackers I do give you the advantage.

Fair enough on Hanson, but I will take the rookie Blair Walsh who is 23/24 on the season and made a few clutch kicks already in his career.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

Well LB for starters isn't that close in my mind. Greenway is the only one of your guys who would see any defensive snaps over any of our guys imo.

Levy, Durant, and Tulluch are all average to below average linebackers. They can't cover and I don't think they tackle very well either. Vikings LB's though aren't any better.

Quote:
As for Dline, I'll say that Allen >>>>>>> KVB, but the rest of our Dline is not only better, but significantly deeper as well.

Robison can rush the passer, stop the run, and as you saw Sunday he's as good as it gets at knocking down passes at the line. While individually Suh has surpassed Williams as an entire unit our defensive line is better.

Quote:
Both of our teams secondary is a mess, but I think both Delmas and Houston would be the best players at their position when healthy.

Chris Cook when healthy is the best corner on either team.

Quote:
Once again, when it comes to Oline you guys have one guy who seems to be great, and that's your rookie Kalil. I think with maybe the exception of RG the rest of our Oline is better. Would still love to see Reiff get more snaps though, he looks like he will be a stud.

With Ryan Kalil out John Sullivan is agurable the best center in the NFC. Loadholt has been outstanding this year at RT. Kalil is well on his way to becoming elite. LG is probably our biggest weakness on the line right now but Johnson has been more than serviceable.

Quote:
All of this is of course my opinion, but I'd think most subjective and knowledgeable fans would agree.

I don't think they would.
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a new thread so we can discuss this without cluttering the GDT thread.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15034082#15034082
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

On paper we are a better team but they are 2-0 against us. Since we can't make the necessary adjustments or be disciplined we can't win these games we are "supposed" to win.

See I don't see that at all. When I look at the rosters I see a much more talented team in Minnesota.

I feel like you're in the minority, but everyone has their opinion.

Outside of the Johnson and Stafford combination I don't see any area that the Lions are better.

Outside of AP/Jared Allen I don't see much on the Minny roster. And watching the game Sun really only made that perception even worse.

Im sorry,but I feel like we watched a different game on Sunday. The Vikings played really well and had you beat 34-17 before a prevent defense td. If you were talking about our earlier game against each other you might make alittle sense, but idk what you saw yesterday that left you with such a bad impression on the Vikings.

Well, as a Lions fan I would have to say I probably have a pretty good chance of recognizing bad football when I see it.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, as a Lions fan I would have to say I probably have a pretty good chance of recognizing bad football when I see it.

touche'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: