Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought that Emerson TV about a year and a half-2 years ago for 279.. Well worth it IMO, plan on getting another one (or two) more for that price

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Is blu ray really worth it? My parents want to get a DVD/blu ray because I sold the wii and moved the Xbox to my room from the family room.

How good is their TV? The bigger and better the TV, the more that you will notice the difference.

Getting a combo drive is a good idea IMO.

And LED TV's do everything that Plasma's do Wink

Its a 50in Panasonic Plasma HD. Its fairly new. Combo drive im guessing is DVD and Blu Ray?

All Blu-Ray players play DVD's. Never heard them referred to as a combo drive.

I was going to say that going from DVD to Blu-Ray is a much bigger difference than going from VHS to DVD. Then I realized who I was quoting. You're going from non HD to full HD. The difference is huge. It would look great on a Panasonic Plasma.

So all blu ray players can play regular DVDs too?

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Is blu ray really worth it? My parents want to get a DVD/blu ray because I sold the wii and moved the Xbox to my room from the family room.

How good is their TV? The bigger and better the TV, the more that you will notice the difference.

Its a 50in Panasonic Plasma HD. Its fairly new. Combo drive im guessing is DVD and Blu Ray?

I was going to say that going from DVD to Blu-Ray is a much bigger difference than going from VHS to DVD. Then I realized who I was quoting. You're going from non HD to full HD. The difference is huge. It would look great on a Panasonic Plasma.

That is literally the first 5 words of his post....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

So that's a yes?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

The only thing I've ever heard as a combo drive was a DVD Reader that wrote to CD. My old dependable compaq from 2005 has one

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
A.J. Hawk Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I work at Walmart from 10 pm to 7 am on Thanksgiving night to Black Friday morning. I cannot imagine how many people are going to be there...
likewise. I'm the manger at my walmart and its going to be crazy.

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
Peppers90 wrote:
If you win this year, I'll quit the league.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually a little disappointed that I'm not working on Friday after Thanksgiving this year since they made it a holiday instead. The last two years I just showed up and watched Netflix all day and didn't do any work which is what I would have done had I taken the day off like about 80% of our office. Plus we get a free lunch every Friday.

I never worked retail though but I did work at an autonomous unit for mid-mall snacking in high school. It wasn't that much more busy than a normal holiday weekend, just a lot of coffee.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

The combo drive thing threw me off. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something special I had to look for or it was any old blu ray player.

But thanks for all your help Matt's appreciate it. Rolling Eyes

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the one for Gamestop. Hoping they do Buy 2 Get 1 free again this year. They let Power Up members shop 2 days before the sale officially started. My Christmas presents from my parents this year is video games... so I'm running up there early and getting my hands on many games while I can Very Happy
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Can't wait to see the one for Gamestop. Hoping they do Buy 2 Get 1 free again this year. They let Power Up members shop 2 days before the sale officially started. My Christmas presents from my parents this year is video games... so I'm running up there early and getting my hands on many games while I can Very Happy

Gamestop had a buy 2 get 1 free sale by me a few years back and the cashier was under the impression that that meant if I bought 1 game, I got a second one free. Under that same logic, buy 1 get one free would mean I could just take a game off the shelf and leave. I tried explaining this to him but he was a bullheaded gamestop employee who, unlike every other gamestop employee in the world, thought he was always right.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I may be getting a tv this year.

Kempes

#JDI
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one here for Wal-Mart

Click Here for Ad

Page 6-7 has some awesome deals for video games. Dishonored, Borderlands 2, all the newest sports titles (sans baseball) and other top games are only $25 starting 8 PM on Thanksgiving. I'm so rushing there to get NBA 2k13. Maybe Dishonored or WWE '13, too Very Happy
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
I work at Walmart from 10 pm to 7 am on Thanksgiving night to Black Friday morning. I cannot imagine how many people are going to be there...

Worked a Black Friday 14 years ago.... have not gone out of the house on black Friday since!!

Yea I worked at Circuit City for a couple years in high school....place was nuts on Black Friday , it was the first year the Wii was out too and we just got 50 in. Parents were at each others throats, meanwhile I had one stashed for my younger sisters with other deal items behind the counter so my dad could come get them later that day on sale with my discount Cool . Definitely a nice benefit from working at a place like that, one of the few.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVs have gotten so cheap with every passing year... I remember in 2008 we got a 55 inch LCD samsung at 8:00 AM at BJs on black friday for $1300 and at the time that was an amazing steal. Now you can get those size TVs for under $1000 at any time... I usually have that "trait" (disease?) where I always want the newest technology, but with TVs I just really don't think they've improved that drastically since HD become common back in like 07. I just don't think it gets that much better than a 1080 television, ones from 07 can't be THAT different from the ones today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
TVs have gotten so cheap with every passing year... I remember in 2008 we got a 55 inch LCD samsung at 8:00 AM at BJs on black friday for $1300 and at the time that was an amazing steal. Now you can get those size TVs for under $1000 at any time... I usually have that "trait" (disease?) where I always want the newest technology, but with TVs I just really don't think they've improved that drastically since HD become common back in like 07. I just don't think it gets that much better than a 1080 television, ones from 07 can't be THAT different from the ones today.

You'd be surprised actually ... with 3-D technology getting better and better every year soon the HD tv will be obsolete IMO.

That and now TV's have internet access where you can stream stuff like netflix hulu or even youtube.

And things like Motion Plus making it the quality/ frame rate so realistic it seems like you are the camera Laughing

#WeTheNorth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: