Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Can someone explain to me the Roku? Is it something you have on top of Dish? Do you pay a monthly subscription?

It's a box that connects to the internet, and has Apps. Think AppleTV. You need a Netflix, Vudu, Hulu Plus account for it to be worth anything. You don't need a subscription for the box itself.

So wait, is what I described not the case?? I thought that's what Plex was for. You could use it to link up w/ a folder on your PC and stream the content of that folder directly onto you TV form the Roku......

PM sig requests.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Can someone explain to me the Roku? Is it something you have on top of Dish? Do you pay a monthly subscription?

It's a box that connects to the internet, and has Apps. Think AppleTV. You need a Netflix, Vudu, Hulu Plus account for it to be worth anything. You don't need a subscription for the box itself.

So wait, is what I described not the case?? I thought that's what Plex was for. You could use it to link up w/ a folder on your PC and stream the content of that folder directly onto you TV form the Roku......

Didn't see your post earlier.

I'm not familiar with Plex. There are other media share programs for different devices, and they all work. Getting them to work right isn't always the easiest thing in the world, you'll have to tune things, but they work fine when it's done. I can't see Plex being any different.

If that's all you want it for, and you have a PS3, don't bother with a Roku. There's a few different media share programs for the PS3.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
DolphWins wrote:
I dont really do much Holiday season shopping, but are video game deals and such the same online on Monday as they would be on Friday in stores? Id rather not go out to Best Buy or Walmart and get stabbed.

Amazon's "Lightning Deals" and when they'll be released.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000853511&linkCode=ur2&tag=bfblfrad-20

I couldn't find the homepage for all lightning deals, not just video games. Is that available?

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Didn't see your post earlier.

I'm not familiar with Plex. There are other media share programs for different devices, and they all work. Getting them to work right isn't always the easiest thing in the world, you'll have to tune things, but they work fine when it's done. I can't see Plex being any different.

If that's all you want it for, and you have a PS3, don't bother with a Roku. There's a few different media share programs for the PS3.

As long as they're out there, I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. Plus it's not a huge investment if it doesn't work out. No PS3 either sometimes I wish I did but I wouldn't ever get anything accomplished haha

PM sig requests.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
DolphWins wrote:
I dont really do much Holiday season shopping, but are video game deals and such the same online on Monday as they would be on Friday in stores? Id rather not go out to Best Buy or Walmart and get stabbed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&docId=1000853511&linkCode=ur2&tag=bfblfrad-20

I couldn't find the homepage for all lightning deals, not just video games. Is that available?

I only found the full list of the movies and games. I stop by a few times a day to see what they have for that day.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
DolphWins wrote:

I only found the full list of the movies and games. I stop by a few times a day to see what they have for that day.

Right on. Would've been amazingly convenient to find others also but I'll keep looking. I'm in your boat w/ Amazon this time of the year. It's probably the site that gets most of my attention and will for the next two weeks.

PM sig requests.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'd like to spend around $550 or less. I'm willing to spend about $800 since I already have a monitor.

Build your own. You can do much better on your budget if you did it yourself.
Apparently I suck at judging what I need. Because I am creating far too expensive a PC Laughing
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Anyone want to help a brother out?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Green90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'd like to spend around $550 or less. I'm willing to spend about $800 since I already have a monitor.

Apparently I suck at judging what I need. Because I am creating far too expensive a PC Laughing

When I was playing around with it the first time the link was posted, I couldn't really build a comparable pc to the second one I linked for the same amount of money. The copy of Windows 8 is the real kicker, big companies like HP, Dell, Asus, etc. get amazing deals when they buy millions of copies of an operating system. Honestly that along with that desktop being $100 off regular price is hard to beat. If you could build a comparable system for less, you won't be saving much at all really. The savings are certainly much higher if you were going for a top of the line pc, but the potential saving shrink as your price range does.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green90 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

When I was playing around with it the first time the link was posted, I couldn't really build a comparable pc to the second one I linked for the same amount of money. The copy of Windows 8 is the real kicker, big companies like HP, Dell, Asus, etc. get amazing deals when they buy millions of copies of an operating system. Honestly that along with that desktop being $100 off regular price is hard to beat. If you could build a comparable system for less, you won't be saving much at all really. The savings are certainly much higher if you were going for a top of the line pc, but the potential saving shrink as your price range does.

It should also be noted that the build quality of whatever you piece together will be better. Everything in your custom PC will be name brand. When you buy Dell, HP, Asus, etc, you get some generic parts.

When i built mine, i know i may have paid a just about the same, but i knew i had good reliable parts with good warranties. And i also knew exactly what was in the machine (still do). So when it comes to troubleshooting, i'm very aware of what might be wrong.

There are pros and cons to doing either method.

Now if you wanted to build a linux box, you could really save some money...

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
sputney23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up Madden for $25
and a few other things for my son..
Got them on Amazon

NS922 On the sig
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking around, but this is the best deal i have found online without having to do doorbusters. Anyone seen anything better?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+AQUOS+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LCD+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV+-+Piano+Black/4639995.p?id=1218500929323&skuId=4639995&st=4639995%20&cp=1&lp=1#tab=overview

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Coby 32in LED TV will be a Lightning Deal again the 2nd day in a row on Amazon for $147.

Anyone have opinions on it?

I'm looking for a 32 to 40 inch TV under $200 this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lightning deals on Amazon are awesome! Already bought 3 things and its only Tues.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:

I'll be looking for the same. Post deals if you guys got 'em.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockyDennis wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:

I'll be looking for the same. Post deals if you guys got 'em.

Best I've seen so far is the Toshiba 40 inch 1080p for $180 at Best Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22

Jump to: