Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 55 - driftwood wants his needs attended to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uh, Goodell is open to eliminating kickoffs entirely.

Quote:
In an article that's hitting newshelves everywhere this week (and is available online if you have a subscription), NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told TIME that he'd consider eliminating kickoffs in professional football.

Goodell has, per the article via Chris Burke of Sports Illustrated, considered the idea of changing the way the NFL handles kickoffs by replacing them with an offensive opportunity.

The idea is to give the team that scored the ball on their own 30-yard line. That team would have one shot to pick up 15 yards and keep the ball, or they could simply punt from the 30-yard line.

This whacky kickoff replacement is even crazier than you might think, because of its origination: it was proposed by Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano. You know, the same guy who likes to try to spoil the victory formation at the end of games.

But Goodell maintains the possibility of radically redesigning the kickoff procedure isn't some PR stunt; he'd only consider it because it's "the right thing to do."

"I don't do things for public relations," Goodell said. "I do things because they're the right thing to do, because I love the game."

Kickoffs are impossibly dangerous because of the high-speed nature of the collisions involved between players. But changing them from a special-teams play to an offensive-option play would be something incredibly drastic.

Would it change the way rosters are constructed? Would it inflate the value of punters while deflating the value of kickers? How would players react? And would the public approve?

Those are all questions that the NFL and Goodell need to consider before moving forward with this possible rule change, which could be exactly why the possibility just made its way into a national magazine.

That idea of what would replace the kickoff is so asinine. We'd have blowouts in numerous games every week.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just trolling twitter & strolled onto Casey Heyward's brothers account... ohhhh boy

its like he has zero idea what kind of bad target he could put on his brother/career

sadly, many pro athletes family members are probably hidden liabilities...
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
just trolling twitter & strolled onto Casey Heyward's brothers account... ohhhh boy

its like he has zero idea what kind of bad target he could put on his brother/career

Can't find twitter but quick search shows he has been arrested for fighting with the police in Houston and I found his Facebook. Also it's Hayward Wink

I'm down with the no kick offs thing. Makes QBs more important. If people convert 4th and 15 plays to get the ball back then they might go for two more...or go for it on 4th down. Both need to be done waaay more in the NFL. Can't wait for Chip Kelly to change the NFL.
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
driftwood wrote:

Can't find twitter but quick search shows he has been arrested for fighting with the police in Houston and I found his Facebook. Also it's Hayward Wink

https://twitter.com/Suavey_Cavey

its tame all things considering (the earlier uploaded pics)... weed really isn't that big of a deal to me (i went through that phase personally & its done because i found better smarter things to spend that $ on)... but none of my family were in high profile positions with the potential to be household names in a community...

Last edited by driftwood on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another round of surgery tomorrow, pretty worried about it. If I don't talk to you guys for awhile, give em a Go Pack Go for me.
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
I have another round of surgery tomorrow, pretty worried about it. If I don't talk to you guys for awhile, give em a Go Pack Go for me.

wait, whats going on? what kind of surgery if you don't mind me asking?
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not life threatening, but has to get done. Trust me you don't want specifics.

I'm only worried because this will be my third attempt at surgery, and they plan on removing a small chunk of my body so it's a little intimidating.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss this internet sensation? Holy crap. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOHkRk00iI8
GreenMushroom56

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

This was awesome, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of when I went to School near Madison. A group of us went out to the bars on a Friday night, and the one guy nobody really knew went off like this at a bar downtown Madison. The whole bar was cheering him on.

Real quiet guy up to that point. Strange thing is, he really didn't have much alcohol in him at the time.

People Who Thought Clay Matthews III would bust.
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

never seen it till now... happy i finally did

kid is my hero
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:

LOL
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know discussing ads is frowned upon, but I can't help it.

I am always reminded of that Hot Chip video for "I Feel Better" when I see that ad at the top of this site for that Diekiembe Motombo game or whatever it is where he is shooting lasers from his eyes. Laughing

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
driftwood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I know discussing ads is frowned upon, but I can't help it.

I am always reminded of that Hot Chip video for "I Feel Better" when I see that ad at the top of this site for that Diekiembe Motombo game or whatever it is where he is shooting lasers from his eyes. Laughing

i saw that too... i lol'ed
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Favorite comment...

Quote:
Takes hot chick home in '88 Pontiac Firebird, cooks her breakfast in the morning, never calls her again.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 33 of 101

Jump to: