Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 55 - driftwood wants his needs attended to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
Bro tip: Put off research papers until the day they are due

FIFY

A good paper is 1% inspiration, 9% perspiration and 90% desperation.

Lorde <33333333
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
So, after a long time of being a lazy turd, I've recently decided to get back into shape. I have a question for those of you who work out. I know you aren't supposed to do upper body/lower body on back to back days to let the muscles repair themselves, but does the same go for ab workouts? I'll do my ab workout and the next day I'll barely be sore, if it all, so I just do it the next day too. Is that bad? Or does that just mean I'm not working them out enough?
Bigger muscles can be worked harder and longer without the same soreness you would feel from a smaller muscle like a bicep or delt. Your abs are used to working all day everyday, and are likely already quite strong, they can handle a lot of abuse, just don't try and kill them everyday, you really shouldn't be working to a point that you have much if any soreness in your abs the next day, no pain, no gain is a misinformed motto. Just be sure to work the full 360* of your core, your upper and lower abs, lower and middle back and external and internal obliques.

I don't follow the upper/lower body split, I believe in the push/pull platform. I split my upper body into two days and mix varying core and lower body exercises into both days. One day is the pulls(biceps, traps, lats, forearms, etc.) the other, pushes (triceps, deltoids, pects, neck, etc.).

I would be a lot more strict in matching up my lower body workouts, but I do those much more on a whim depending on how I'm feeling every day. Some days I just know I don't have roman dead lift, power cleans, or full squats in me so I may change it up with some stiff-leg, good mornings, jumps, lunges, front-squat, split-leg, etc. It's not everyday you want to be moving the heavy weight lifts.

This guy gets it.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Quote:
The National Football League was organized in 1920, but the players had no representation until more than 35 years later. Free to do as they wished, the owners gave the players no benefits at all -- no health insurance, no life insurance, no pension, no minimum salary, no pay for pre-season games. Even worse--no protection for injured players.

The players started standing up for themselves in 1956. By one account, players for the Green Bay Packers asked the owners for clean jocks, socks and uniforms for two-a-day
workouts. The owners refused; the players organized.

What follows is the history of their efforts.

The Packers revolutionized football by wanting clean jocks and signing Reggie White. Heros we are of football. Heros.

Well Norma Rae like a m........
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be on the road the Sunday night we play the Giants as I'll be on my way back to WI from upper Minny after visiting the GF's family. It's a 9 hour drive. Anyway, Was wondering if there was a good way of watching the game from my iPhone? Don't wan to miss it. Haven't missed a game in at least 5 years. So either i find a good way to watch it on my iPhone, or i wait for it to come on game rewind. Would be hard for me to stay away from anything football for a whole day to wait for game rewind so hoping my fellow Pack fans can point me in a direction here...

Kempes on the custom sig!
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
So, after a long time of being a lazy turd, I've recently decided to get back into shape. I have a question for those of you who work out. I know you aren't supposed to do upper body/lower body on back to back days to let the muscles repair themselves, but does the same go for ab workouts? I'll do my ab workout and the next day I'll barely be sore, if it all, so I just do it the next day too. Is that bad? Or does that just mean I'm not working them out enough?

It really depends on body type.

Ectomorph = Naturally thin/lanky and hard to put on solid weight. For this type it's best to do a 3 day split of chest/arms on day 1, legs/core on day 2, and back/shoulders on day 3. The key is to lift the heaviest amount of weight possible and keep workouts under 1 hour. No cardio and no specialized lifts. Strictly meat and potatoes type of bench press, deadlifts, squats, etc.

Mesomorph = The typical broad shoulder "jock" type who can workout 1 day a week and still be ripped. Basically anything they do fitness wise turns into muscle and this is the ideal body type to have if you're looking to get fit. If you're this body type, workout doesn't matter so much as long as you're doing it and eating decent.

Endomorph = Naturally round and stocky. This body type can put on muscle, but struggles to keep off weight. This is the one where the diet has to be restrictive and you're gonna have to do a ton of cardio to get in shape. If I was this type, I'd try a 3 day split first, and on the days inbetween I'd hit some cardio. Maybe a bike or the swimming pool. Something to get your heart rate up and get you burning calories.

I'm an Ectomorph and have been doing the 3 day split for years now. It's always worked for me. The biggest factors for getting into shape are diet, workout, and rest. If you don't do those three things consistently, you won't make much progress.

R-E-L-A-X
driftwood

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure this was already mentioned, but I saw on JSonline that Ryan Taylor was fined 21k for the block on cobb's return last week...

what a joke... this isnt legal all the sudden?

MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Going to be on the road the Sunday night we play the Giants as I'll be on my way back to WI from upper Minny after visiting the GF's family. It's a 9 hour drive. Anyway, Was wondering if there was a good way of watching the game from my iPhone? Don't wan to miss it. Haven't missed a game in at least 5 years. So either i find a good way to watch it on my iPhone, or i wait for it to come on game rewind. Would be hard for me to stay away from anything football for a whole day to wait for game rewind so hoping my fellow Pack fans can point me in a direction here...
Maybe the NFL Mobile App? I am not sure if you can get it on the IPhone or if it is exclusive to the DROID. Check it out, bc IIRC it lets you watch all prime time games.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6PYvsf8ys

Laughing Eric Berry aint mess wit no horses man, straight up!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
kgthekid wrote:
All this talk about going to Packers games makes me want to go to next year's game at Baltimore, provided that I'm still living in this area by the time that happens.

are next years' opponents out yet?
Not set in stone for sure but we play the AFC North and the NFC East IIRC. So we will get Minny, Minny, Det, Det, Chi, Chi, Bal, Cle, Pitt, Cinci, Dal, Philly, Was, NYG, and NFCS and NFCW.

Will we get Miami? I'd go over there if we play the Dolphins down here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
kgthekid wrote:
All this talk about going to Packers games makes me want to go to next year's game at Baltimore, provided that I'm still living in this area by the time that happens.

are next years' opponents out yet?
Not set in stone for sure but we play the AFC North and the NFC East IIRC. So we will get Minny, Minny, Det, Det, Chi, Chi, Bal, Cle, Pitt, Cinci, Dal, Philly, Was, NYG, and NFCS and NFCW.

Will we get Miami? I'd go over there if we play the Dolphins down here.
No Miami is the 2014 year. Its all on a rotation. We play the AFC South this year, the North next year, East 2015 and West was last year and 2016. So the AFC is on a 4 year rotation and the NFC is on a 3 year rotation because we obviously play the NFC North every year. The only thing that isn't set in stone is the Non Division NFC games, if we take 2nd in the division then we would play who ever takes 2nd in the NFC South and who ever takes 2nd in the NFC West.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
K-4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:

It really depends on body type.

Ectomorph = Naturally thin/lanky and hard to put on solid weight. For this type it's best to do a 3 day split of chest/arms on day 1, legs/core on day 2, and back/shoulders on day 3. The key is to lift the heaviest amount of weight possible and keep workouts under 1 hour. No cardio and no specialized lifts. Strictly meat and potatoes type of bench press, deadlifts, squats, etc.

Mesomorph = The typical broad shoulder "jock" type who can workout 1 day a week and still be ripped. Basically anything they do fitness wise turns into muscle and this is the ideal body type to have if you're looking to get fit. If you're this body type, workout doesn't matter so much as long as you're doing it and eating decent.

Endomorph = Naturally round and stocky. This body type can put on muscle, but struggles to keep off weight. This is the one where the diet has to be restrictive and you're gonna have to do a ton of cardio to get in shape. If I was this type, I'd try a 3 day split first, and on the days inbetween I'd hit some cardio. Maybe a bike or the swimming pool. Something to get your heart rate up and get you burning calories.

I'm an Ectomorph and have been doing the 3 day split for years now. It's always worked for me. The biggest factors for getting into shape are diet, workout, and rest. If you don't do those three things consistently, you won't make much progress.

Whats terrible, I have the body and muscle building ability of your ectomorph. But the fat gaining ability of your endomorph. Damn Thyroid.

Its awful, I eat one cheeseburger I gain three pounds. I do four day heavy splits on the weights with a 15 minute cardio suppliment afterwards. I still have a gut and my face is round. I guess thats where my body like to store its excess. Although I keep my caloric intake to around 1900 since I work a sit-down job.

Quote:
I'm mowed some grass today. I'll admit, I did it for the media attention.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Packers Lose Four More Starters To Injury During Bye Week

Saw this headline and immediately crapped myself.

Then saw it was promoted by The Onion and cleaned myself off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
i'm sick of exams.

Have 4th exam of the week tomorrow morning.

Differential Equations. yay me.

ready for the break.

Got an exam tomorrow

going to bar tonight anyway

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Maybe the NFL Mobile App? I am not sure if you can get it on the IPhone or if it is exclusive to the DROID. Check it out, bc IIRC it lets you watch all prime time games.

If you have Verizon, you can download the NFL mobile app and watch the Giants game on you iPhone. Hopefully you have the iPhone 5 and will be in LTE coverage. I'm pretty sure it is exclusive to Verizon.

I've used the NFL mobile app multiple times, and it's pretty awesome. On Sunday afternoons you can watch NFL Redzone, and you can watch all the primetime games as well. It's a lot better to do it on wi-fi so you don't eat up your data plan and a more reliable stream but here in Spokane on my 5 I can get HD or near-HD quality pretty much everywhere I go.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
SDN40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched about 20 minutes of youtube video of Vince Lombardi talking about the power sweep. Awesome. Apparently, he used to hold a clinic back in the day where he would talk about the sweep for 8 hours. Imagine that for a moment.

One of the key components was when Hornung had the run pass option which would put huge pressure on the defense. I can see a toss play - going left of course, using Cobb with a pass out of it. I think a trick play with Cobb throwing the ball is much overdue.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 14 of 101

Jump to: