Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 55 - driftwood wants his needs attended to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dcerb44


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 3014
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I have a question for you.

I have a Sony VIAO labtop, about two years old. It won't boot up. The screen turns on, shows the VIAO logo and then resets and starts the process all over again. I can't press F8 either to run it in safe mode or last known good configuration. Have done a restore complete system on the VAIO recovery center and ran a hardware scan that didn't come up with any errors.

I don't have a recovery disc for the Windows Operating system though so that's one thing I haven't tried.

Any ideas of what my problem may be?
_________________


pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
packerjmf


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 1785
Location: KC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
Hey guys I have a question for you.

I have a Sony VIAO labtop, about two years old. It won't boot up. The screen turns on, shows the VIAO logo and then resets and starts the process all over again. I can't press F8 either to run it in safe mode or last known good configuration. Have done a restore complete system on the VAIO recovery center and ran a hardware scan that didn't come up with any errors.

I don't have a recovery disc for the Windows Operating system though so that's one thing I haven't tried.

Any ideas of what my problem may be?


Sounds like something with the hard drive. The hard drive itself might be fine but some connection to it or power supply might be bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dcerb44


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 3014
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerjmf wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Hey guys I have a question for you.

I have a Sony VIAO labtop, about two years old. It won't boot up. The screen turns on, shows the VIAO logo and then resets and starts the process all over again. I can't press F8 either to run it in safe mode or last known good configuration. Have done a restore complete system on the VAIO recovery center and ran a hardware scan that didn't come up with any errors.

I don't have a recovery disc for the Windows Operating system though so that's one thing I haven't tried.

Any ideas of what my problem may be?


Sounds like something with the hard drive. The hard drive itself might be fine but some connection to it or power supply might be bad.


Cheap fix? Or would I be better off purchasing a new one?
_________________


pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 4201
Location: Sconnie boy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
packerjmf wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Hey guys I have a question for you.

I have a Sony VIAO labtop, about two years old. It won't boot up. The screen turns on, shows the VIAO logo and then resets and starts the process all over again. I can't press F8 either to run it in safe mode or last known good configuration. Have done a restore complete system on the VAIO recovery center and ran a hardware scan that didn't come up with any errors.

I don't have a recovery disc for the Windows Operating system though so that's one thing I haven't tried.

Any ideas of what my problem may be?


Sounds like something with the hard drive. The hard drive itself might be fine but some connection to it or power supply might be bad.


Cheap fix? Or would I be better off purchasing a new one?


Well after 2 years, that sounds normal if you've been using it excessively. HDs are super cheap at places like tiger direct.com or new egg. IF it was the HD, and I were you, I would buy an external enclosure, take out your HD from the Vaio and pop it in there to get all your key files you want.

Then, buy a new HD (you're talking maybe $50-$60) and transfer the old files to the new HD and start fresh. I've done it a few times in the past and that's how I keep it going.

If it's a power supply, that's about $35 most likely.

If it's HD, with the new enclosure you're looking at about $100 in repairs.

So, it's up to you if you want a new one or a replacement.
_________________

R-E-L-A-X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2844
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
packerjmf wrote:
dcerb44 wrote:
Hey guys I have a question for you.

I have a Sony VIAO labtop, about two years old. It won't boot up. The screen turns on, shows the VIAO logo and then resets and starts the process all over again. I can't press F8 either to run it in safe mode or last known good configuration. Have done a restore complete system on the VAIO recovery center and ran a hardware scan that didn't come up with any errors.

I don't have a recovery disc for the Windows Operating system though so that's one thing I haven't tried.

Any ideas of what my problem may be?


Sounds like something with the hard drive. The hard drive itself might be fine but some connection to it or power supply might be bad.


Cheap fix? Or would I be better off purchasing a new one?


Well after 2 years, that sounds normal if you've been using it excessively. HDs are super cheap at places like tiger direct.com or new egg. IF it was the HD, and I were you, I would buy an external enclosure, take out your HD from the Vaio and pop it in there to get all your key files you want.

Then, buy a new HD (you're talking maybe $50-$60) and transfer the old files to the new HD and start fresh. I've done it a few times in the past and that's how I keep it going.

If it's a power supply, that's about $35 most likely.

If it's HD, with the new enclosure you're looking at about $100 in repairs.

So, it's up to you if you want a new one or a replacement.
I wonder if doing this would fix up my old laptop to the point of at least having it functioning again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3794
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, question here. Merely out of curiosity...


Does anybody have an activation-key for QuickTime Pro? Anxious
_________________
stockholder wrote:
Nothing coherent. Ever.

Lorde <33333333
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AtariB20


Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 3729
Location: The Real Titletown, USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Packers talk but I didn't really know where else to put it, because its really not important.. but would Montee Ball be a good fit for us in the 2nd round?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 19779
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulp Fiction on blu-ray for $3.99 on Amazon right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tabbaker


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 421
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
This is Packers talk but I didn't really know where else to put it, because its really not important.. but would Montee Ball be a good fit for us in the 2nd round?


Can he play OL?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 19779
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Xmas.

http://youtu.be/qBxBLn_YDxo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35434
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
This is Packers talk but I didn't really know where else to put it, because its really not important.. but would Montee Ball be a good fit for us in the 2nd round?


The prospect thread is probably the right place for it.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490829
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8076
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This computer is officially on crack. I was going to click on our forum when I noticed something wasn't like the rest. There was no user name by who posted last in the Vikings forum and it listed the last post as - Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm- So I start thinking... Did we blow up the Vikings Forum?? I click on it, nope still there. So. Much. Disappoint.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobSacamano


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 13288
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Babin tire kick? Wink
_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8076
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Jason Babin tire kick? Wink
No need to kick the tires. Just put the pen to paper!!!! 10yrs/$200million. Allz he do is get teh sacks. + Tribal tattoo + NFL Top 100. Obvious HOF'er is Obvious.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he clears waivers (which he won't) I'd give him a try out.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 24 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group