Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 55 - driftwood wants his needs attended to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing on a serious note, I'll take a wait and see approach with the new Star Wars films. As long as Lucas is kept out of the directors chair and just have him in the background, maybe offering tips here or there, who knows maybe the new movie(s) will turn out well.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Laughing on a serious note, I'll take a wait and see approach with the new Star Wars films. As long as Lucas is kept out of the directors chair and just have him in the background, maybe offering tips here or there, who knows maybe the new movie(s) will turn out well.

No way, I'm excited from the get go. Every studio has some flops but Disney rarely puts out utterly bad movies, they all have some value and have some of the highest production values of any studio. Disney also has no problem spending big money, no studio spends more on their film's production and promotions then Disney.

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
Tron
Avengers
Prince of Persia
Alice in Wonderland
Chronicles of Narnia (First two only)
Even John Carter had strong production values and a fairly good script, it failed to connect with viewers though and I am confident there has been a lot of analysis of what went wrong, at least there should of been when you take a $200 million+ loss.

There are a lot of strong pieces you can pick out of those movies including a lot of relevant experiences. Mix them together and you'll have the best visuals in the game, the big challenge is getting audiences to connect with the characters and story, they'll have to steal some of that PIXAR magic but there's definitely a lot of hope, more then there ever was while George Lucas was holding the reins and there's no larger built in fan base. One of the many things I love about Disney is that they think BIG! Disney spent $4 billion on Marvel as well and they will be putting out two films a year for the foreseeable future. They have big plans for Marvel, you know they have at least as equally as large plans for Star Wars and like Marvel and Pixar, Star Wars will probably be handled as a semi-autonomous entity.

Also, love it or not Alan Horn is now running the studio, he oversaw some of Warner Bros.' greatest successes (Ocean's Eleven, The Departed, 300, Happy Feet, Batman series, ...Harry Potter). He also helped bring us Shawshank. Horn is a movie guy and that's needed to bring the best writers back to Disney, Rich Ross (previous head of the studio) was a poor fit and alienated too many of Hollywood's power players. When it's all said and done, it's a good bet that Disney will get the best they can to head the next Star Wars Trilogy. The best part is displacing Lucas from the director's chair.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
There are a lot of strong pieces you can pick out of those movies including a lot of relevant experiences. Mix them together and you'll have the best visuals in the game, the big challenge is getting audiences to connect with the characters and story, they'll have to steal some of that PIXAR magic but there's definitely a lot of hope, more then there ever was while George Lucas was holding the reins and there's no larger built in fan base. One of the many things I love about Disney is that they think BIG! Disney spent $4 billion on Marvel as well and they will be putting out two films a year for the foreseeable future. They have big plans for Marvel, you know they have at least as equally as large plans for Star Wars and like Marvel and Pixar, Star Wars will probably be handled as a semi-autonomous entity.

When you consider that Disney got Industrial Light and Magic as well as Skywalker Sound in the package, how much can they beef that up, across the board?

I have really really high hopes for a Disney run Star Wars. They are going to put the money to get the best people possible involved in this, and really can they do any worse than Jar Jar Binks? If the Disney 3rd SW trilogy lands somewhere between the prequels and the classic trilogy, I will be extremely happy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production values were there in the prequels. I just want better writing and acting across the board. Revenge of the Sith fixed some of those problems in the writing department, mainly not many Anakin/Padme one on one scenes, which got brutal in Attack of the Clones.

Ewan McGregor was the standout across the trilogy though. Definitely did Alec Guinness proud.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcats shocked in Waco.

Ducks upset in Eugene.

What is going on here??

#BCSCHAOS

R-E-L-A-X
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
The production values were there in the prequels. I just want better writing and acting across the board. Revenge of the Sith fixed some of those problems in the writing department, mainly not many Anakin/Padme one on one scenes, which got brutal in Attack of the Clones.

Ewan McGregor was the standout across the trilogy though. Definitely did Alec Guinness proud.
But if they had cut those out there would only have been, what? 60 minutes left? I hate Anakin's character even more then Jar Jar in the prequel trilogy. I could accept Jar Jar if there was other story there; it was all of Anakin's dumb dialogue that I couldn't handle. Ewan McGregor absolutely stole the show, especially in III Sith. Ian McDiarmid(Palpatine) still got it too...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Ducks upset in Eugene.

What is going on here??

#BCSCHAOS

NOOOOOO!!!!! I was rooting for Kansas State and to a lesser extent Oregon(Still bitter about last year's Rose Bowl). Some Jordy Nelson love. Well that and I always root against Notre Dame and I'm sick of the SEC streak...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck to today.... I wanna see Chip Kelly win a NC. The worst part is the root of all evil looks like he is headed back to a National Championship game, man I just don't care for Nick Saban, the guy just bugs me. It would be awesome if Notre Dame Trollololololed the USA and beat Bama in the big game!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milwaukee Bucks.

6-2.

1st place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blown call.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Blown call.

Umadbro.jpg

Rutgershasthesamerecordasoregonlol.jpg

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
DannyB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uggggh, I was soooo hoping for an SEC-less national championship game. This sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Ducks upset in Eugene.

What is going on here??

#BCSCHAOS

NOOOOOO!!!!! I was rooting for Kansas State and to a lesser extent Oregon(Still bitter about last year's Rose Bowl). Some Jordy Nelson love. Well that and I always root against Notre Dame and I'm sick of the SEC streak...

I'm still disappointed in Bucky from yesterday... Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Milwaukee Bucks.

6-2.

1st place.

Really? I haven't been paying attention. Maybe now they'll get on national TV so I can see them in action for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Uggggh, I was soooo hoping for an SEC-less national championship game. This sucks.
Me and you both man, it's just becoming a broken record... same thing over and over and over. That's why I am praying for ND to beat USC and troll the college football world and beat Bama.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 17 of 101

Jump to: