Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Tillman enters NFL record books
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkokot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

Charles Tillman entered the nfl record book on Sunday with his 4 forced fumbles, the most in any single game.

His 7 forced fumbles so far this season is also a career best for him, and puts him 3 shy of the all time record of 10 forced fumbles in a single season (Osi Umenyiora). I think he has a great shot to break that record this season as well.

2014 Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
Tackles - 7 Sacks - 2 Passes Deflected - 1
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than anything I'm just thrilled for Peanut to start getting the recognition for being the total stud he has been for years for us.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
Charles Tillman entered the nfl record book on Sunday with his 4 forced fumbles, the most in any single game.

His 7 forced fumbles so far this season is also a career best for him, and puts him 3 shy of the all time record of 10 forced fumbles in a single season (Osi Umenyiora). I think he has a great shot to break that record this season as well.
That is a category of play that has been invented basically because of him. In the past the only thing relevant to a fumble was recoveries.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
More than anything I'm just thrilled for Peanut to start getting the recognition for being the total stud he has been for years for us.
My guess is there are few players who can get in the head of opponents like Peanut. You know they are discussing him in all the offensive meetings and how to not let him separate you and the ball.

This has the effect of making receivers start to think when they catch it "I can't let him hit it, I gotta hold on to it." So this can actually cause your chances of fumbling to go up.

You how sometimes the very mistake you are trying NOT to commit is the one you do.

Its all good.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

That is a category of play that has been invented basically because of him. In the past the only thing relevant to a fumble was recoveries.

That's why he just passed Richard Dent on the Bears all time forced fumbles list.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

That's why he just passed Richard Dent on the Bears all time forced fumbles list.
"Home Run" Baker used to lead the American League in home runs, too. But Babe Ruth took them to a whole different level.

Peanut is the Babe Ruth of punch-outs.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Always have been a fan of Tillman's. Guy never got the recognition he deserves. One of the few Bear players i actually like. Laughing

Hope he gets the record. 3 FF in 8 games seems like a breeze for him.

Kempes on the custom sig!
furiousgeorge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

"Home Run" Baker used to lead the American League in home runs, too. But Babe Ruth took them to a whole different level.

But the stat existed...
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

So what is it called when 4 players from almost the exact same time frame have more or the same amount of FF's than him.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

furiousgeorge wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

But the stat existed...
Not the first fifty years or so. Peanut is doing something different, too though not reflected in the stats. He punches the ball out. Dent stripped the ball mainly after going around the tackles. Dent is one of my all time favorite Bears and should have IMMEDIATELY been put in the HoF.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Tillman enters NFL record books Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bkokot wrote:

So what is it called when 4 players from almost the exact same time frame have more or the same amount of FF's than him.
See above.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^

So now you are altering what you said to make you're argument, ok got it.
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time he is getting credit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
^^^^^^^^

So now you are altering what you said to make you're argument, ok got it.
Altering, refining, whatever. The players Peanut is going to pass or has passed were not known as turnover artists. They were known for other things, Dent for sacks, the turnover was just gravy. Charles is KNOWN for the punch-out.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is unbelievable ... I need to purchase me one of them Peanut Punches T's

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: