Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lousaka Polie cut;Mike Cox added

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Lousaka Polie cut;Mike Cox added Reply with quote

Lousaka was cut today and Mike Cox was resigned. Maybe because of polites durability

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stand Polite. Not to mention I love me some Cox. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't understand why Ovie has not been brought back. He was better than both of these dudes combined. He should be healthy by now and we won't have to pay him that 3 mil to have him now.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox played very well last year. He should never have been cut.

#JDI
Mekias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polite has been pretty awful this year. I'm a little surprised they made this move but I'm also happy. Pro Football Focus has Polite ranked 27th out of 27 fullbacks in the NFL. While PFF has a decent margin of error, dead last is always bad.

We can't really do anything about Gonzalez's poor run blocking but we can certainly try something different at fullback. Mike Cox should be a nice upgrade. He was solid for us last year.
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Still can't understand why Ovie has not been brought back. He was better than both of these dudes combined. He should be healthy by now and we won't have to pay him that 3 mil to have him now.

Where is Ovie now?

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

Because Bradie Ewing is the future.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
maggot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure cox is ready to plow some holes for the burner

Jgoldiscool is da man ^^^
2012 Adopt a Falcon: Matt Ryan
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Because Bradie Ewing is the future.

I have no problem having Ewing as the future but thats next year not now during our SB run this year Smile

Ovie is a FA right now that i know of and would look mighty nice in a Falcons uniform again til the end of this year or next year while the young Ewing gets set into the nfl FB position.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polite couldn't catch a pass to save his career lol

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
coors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Where is Ovie now?

I just heard recently that Ovie is now working in either radio or TV somewhere.. exactly where is slipping my mind right now. I'm not sure if he is working his new gig because he is ready to move on from the NFL and starting his life after football, or if its because he just simply had not garnered any interest throughout the league..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Where is Ovie now?

I just heard recently that Ovie is now working in either radio or TV somewhere.. exactly where is slipping my mind right now. I'm not sure if he is working his new gig because he is ready to move on from the NFL and starting his life after football, or if its because he just simply had not garnered any interest throughout the league..

I hope it's because he has just moved on and the injury didn't finish his career not allowing him to be what he was even a couple seasons ago. As a Falcon he was a great FB one of the top 3 in the game overall and probably the #1 FB as far as run blocking and pass protection goes.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovie was on the radio show and said this The average fan doesn't watch a fullback...they are usually watching the running back and qb. As a FB i watch the FB every play. The Falcons FB is not getting the job done. He said, "I might sound biased but...I'm going to say it anyway....he isnt blocking, he isnt running with the ball to pick up short yards and he cant catch".

By god if that doesn't sound like Ovie wants his job back nothing does to me XD

Also this is somewhat quoted with a little change up from a cool dude named falconmaniac from the falcons message board.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Ovie was on the radio show and said this The average fan doesn't watch a fullback...they are usually watching the running back and qb. As a FB i watch the FB every play. The Falcons FB is not getting the job done. He said, "I might sound biased but...I'm going to say it anyway....he isnt blocking, he isnt running with the ball to pick up short yards and he cant catch".

By god if that doesn't sound like Ovie wants his job back nothing does to me XD

Also this is somewhat quoted with a little change up from a cool dude named falconmaniac from the falcons message board.

The thing that kept him off our team after cutting Polite was what happened in St. Louis with Ovie. Apparently he looked putrid. I loved the dude as a Falcon though. Insanely talented.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: