Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Cassel vs Haley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footballfan81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
footballfan81 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
footballfan81 wrote:
i still blame suckop... he find the most opportune times to miss fgs... the opener against atl, last week against sd and numerous other times im too lazy to note.

That kick vs ATL was heart breaking.

It started the snowball effect that is our season.

I've had enough of Suckop. Time and time again he misses critical field goals from under 40 yards. I'm ready for Kaeding. At least he misses until the playoffs.

I thot it was Hillis fumble? Anyways, Kicker is least of our problems...if our offense was better we wouldn't kick so many FG's and Succop has been clutch as well, so why mess with it?

It wasn't JUST the FG. It was also that horrendous kick off that lead to a FG against us. That is a 6 point swing by himself.

But regardless I do agree with you for the most part. Kicker and special teams in general should be the least of our worries at this point.

Yes he was also responsible for the horrible kickoff that gave life to the Steelers. Although the kicker position should be in the back burner because of our other more pressing needs (QB, CB, OL), I still think they need to bring in competition. This is not the first time he misses easy FGs during critical points in games. I really want Kaeding on this team and was hoping the Chiefs would bring Novak in after San Diego cut him at the end of the preseason.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, who in the world are we bringing in to replace who on the O-Line? Another rookie when we already will have two second year players on the team that may develop? Who in FA is going to be better than Albert at LT?
Hudson at C? Lilja/Allen or Asomah at G or Winston at RT?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Again, who in the world are we bringing in to replace who on the O-Line? Another rookie when we already will have two second year players on the team that may develop? Who in FA is going to be better than Albert at LT?

We need a veteran Interior OL, along with a late round OT to push Winston and Stephenson. If our management somehow loses Albert our draft changes completely though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

We need a veteran Interior OL, along with a late round OT to push Winston and Stephenson. If our management somehow loses Albert our draft changes completely though.

It has been our stance in the past that it takes at least a year to really learn the ZBS. Allen has shown flashes of top level ability, he just looks lost at times. I will give him until next season before even thinking he needs replacing. Same basically goes for Stephenson.

At a minimum we tag Albert to ensure Stephenson or Allen can replace him, if of course we can't get a reasonable contract signed before having to do that.

Drafting linemen should only come in the 6th-7th rounds IMO, unless our new FO wants to go to a totally different blocking scheme, which would not be advised IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Sammy, I agree with you on the need for depth on our OL. We absolutely need to re-sign Albert - he is the key. I don't think Stephenson is ready yet to get thrown into the mix at left tackle. In my opinion we need to add a swing center/guard if we don't re-sign Lilja in that role. I wouldn't mind having him back as a backup but I also wouldn't mind drafting a long term solution for depth by getting a player that can project to center and guard in the event of an injury to a starter - and hopefully even compete for a starting role at some point.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Yeah, no doubt, but he used the term "pressing" need.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the o-line, a vet back-up or two, not more draft picks that are gonna take 2-3 years to be ready to step in. We've already got a couple of those with potential.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
For the o-line, a vet back-up or two, not more draft picks that are gonna take 2-3 years to be ready to step in. We've already got a couple of those with potential.

Who? Who is your backup center or your backup guard past this year? IMO we should consider adding a legitimate development offensive lineman that projects to play a swing guard/center role. I hate the idea of doing to Hochstein dance every year due to an injury here or there. Lilja is an ok stop-gap for the swing guard/center position, but I would really like to add someone long term to fill that roll and hell, maybe even compete with Allen and/or Asamoah. One backup for three positions really isn't the best way to go, I definitely disagree with Pioli's view of OL depth.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Who? Who is your backup center or your backup guard past this year? IMO we should consider adding a legitimate development offensive lineman that projects to play a swing guard/center role. I hate the idea of doing to Hochstein dance every year due to an injury here or there. Lilja is an ok stop-gap for the swing guard/center position, but I would really like to add someone long term to fill that roll and hell, maybe even compete with Allen and/or Asamoah. One backup for three positions really isn't the best way to go, I definitely disagree with Pioli's view of OL depth.

Yes, sign a vet back-up for that. Our guys with potential are high round picks that need to be starting (Allen) or at least are our solid depth (Stephenson and even Mims). I don't want another rookie as a back-up when we've already got questions about Allen going forward, and maybe even if Hudson will be really ready for next season. And just in general we'd need to draft in the 2nd-3rd again for one of those to be ready to contribute next year. I'd rather sign some journeyman McQuistan brother to be depth, and maybe take a shot on a late rounder to develop down the road in 2-3 years.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: