Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Seattle Seahawks vs New York Jets
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Week 10: Seattle Seahawks vs New York Jets Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (5-4)

vs

New York Jets (3-5)

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

Right?

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. Coming off a must-win game, the Seahawks are once again at home against the Jets. As always, Give 'em hell.

Prediction: 23-13 W

3 Keys to the Game
  • Come Out Firing

The Jets are one of the few teams in the league that can comfortably put 8 or 9 in the box against us and trust their perimeter defenders to matchup man-on-man. We need to come out early and show them that we're not afraid to unleash Wilson and bring the deep ball back to keep them honest.
  • Leon's Return

Well I guess he's not returning, but this will be the first time he'll see his old team since being traded to Seattle. Would be a great time for him to have great game and keep us winning the field position game.
  • Cheerleaders Off The Field, Please

They're beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time we get the actual defense back on the field and start playing with some gap integrity again. This isn't the defense that I watched in 2011 and it's not the defense I saw early in 2012. I don't know what the hell happened, but let's get the defense I know back on the field.

Key Matchup of the Game: Antonio Cromartie vs Rice/Tate
Cromartie has had a strong season and should be seeing two rather underrated receivers at this point. Both guys have the ability to go deep and kill it in the intermediate game.

green24

Time to get a big game at home. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thing to note:

- Seahawks lose on short rest versus 49ers

- Seahawks lose with long rest versus Lions coming off short rest

- Seahawks beat Vikings coming off of long rest

- Seahawks get Jets coming off of long rest
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets beat them so bad, Tebow returns to his manger.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get ran on and passed on by the Jets i will be worried i am not worried at the moment with our Defense though we faced A.P and Gore who are great RB's and Stafford threw for over 4000 yards last season.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our defense doesn't absolutely impose their will on this inept Jets offense on the road, they are not who we thought they were.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-9.. my last week's prediction would have been spot on if it weren't for a missed extra point and delay of game missed on a fg attempt.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Boom!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
If we get ran on and passed on by the Jets i will be worried i am not worried at the moment with our Defense though we faced A.P and Gore who are great RB's and Stafford threw for over 4000 yards last season.

Stafford threw over 5,000 last year.

Legion of Boom!
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

27-13 Hawks.

Marshawn for 140 rushing, 1 TD, 1 fumble
Russel throws for 247 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 62.5%
.5 sacks for Clemons
1.5 for Irvin
1 pick for Browner
1 Pick for ET
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much agree with SoS here so far. We will definitely need to keep the Jets honest is they decide to bring 8 or 9 guys into the box early in the game as a way of overcompensating for their bad run defense so far this season. That would leave single coverage on the WR's and that would leave it up to them to get open, Wilson to find them open and then just make the plays happen. Always easier said than done, but that's why they get paid big money. The D needs to get back to their basics and fundamentals. Like SoS said, gap integrity and wrap up tackling. Shonn Green isn't AP, but he's still a quality RB and we need to eliminate him as soon as possible. Part of that is shutting him down early and the other part is hopefully getting an early lead and forcing the Jets to lean heavily on Mark Sanchez to dig them out of a hole with his arm. I have no reason to believe that he can do that, because he hasn't proven that he has the skills or the weapons around him to become a big time passing QB. I would like to see more blitzing schemes like Bradley showed against the Vikes as well. Sanchez is not a particularly accurate QB and pressure only makes that worse. Shut Green down, pressure Sanchez, and score early. If we do that, it's a beat down. If we let the Jets D keep them in the game, their O may get confident and get a rhythm. That could spell disaster for the 'Hawks. This is a game that winning teams take control of. This team is still learning that mentality and hopefully this will be positive step for them.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something interesting I just calculated:
In 2010 through 9 games we were also 5-4. Woopdie-fing-doo yeah... but...

In 2010 at 5-4 we had 4 home games remaining, and the remaining 7 opponents had a .526 record on the season... (we finished those games 2-5)

Now in 2012 at 5-4 we have 4 home games remaining, and the remaining 7 opponents have a .526 record thus far on the season... (hopefully finishing these 5-2)

All new team, but funny little coincidence.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Interesting thing to note:

- Seahawks lose on short rest versus 49ers

- Seahawks lose with long rest versus Lions coming off short rest

- Seahawks beat Vikings coming off of long rest

- Seahawks get Jets coming off of long rest

-Seahawks beat the Cowboys coming off of long rest.

-Seahawks beat the Packers coming off of long rest.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to stack the box again, like we did later in the game against the Vikes. The Jets receiving corp isn't special, and BB/Sherm are showing that they can be left on an island and do a capable job. We are at home again, so we have the 12th man to help them out.

I'm keen to see how Russell Wilson does after his best performance so far (off the eye test).
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way you lose this game. The Jets have lost all fight and have zero offensive playmakers. The crowd will get in Sanchez's head early and hopefully we get to see Tebow take over. our season is in the toilet anyway I'd rather watch him play with some passion than have Mark sulk when he's not on the field.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Frenchie. Laughing

It will be hard for the Jets to pull out a victory. Seattle is the superior team.
silus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a trap game!!!

Jets are coming off a bye week and they seem to play as well, if not better, on the road. The whole world is counting them out. They are two games out of a wildcard spot. This is a back to the wall, season on the line game. They are trying to jumpstart/turn around the season and they want to do it in Seattle!

Its easy to overlook a team thats going through as much turmoil as the Jets, and its harder to get a young team playing to its best against what appears to be crap opposition, which is why this game could be terrifying for some Seahawks fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: