Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd mock of the year + offseason!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what dreamworld is Tavon Austin a 4th round pick??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
i dont like Barkley he has usc bust writen all over him and add that with the fact kc did nouthing to improve the oline guess it will be anouther top 5 pick come 2013

Uh..We don't need to improve our Oline? Lol.

He never said the oline didn't need improvement. Quite the opposite, he is stating that KC will end up with a top 5 pick in the draft if they don't improve the oline.

Face it, our oline is garbage. Albert is vastly overrated and should be playing guard. Dont give me some useless pro football focus stats. I'll take my gameday observations over PFF. Since there is no way he'll accept a move to guard, then let him go to another team and draft an OT in the 2nd round.

Asamoah showed promise in his first year but has been brutal this year. Gets pushed back on every single play and is one of the main reasons our QB's have no space to step up.

Allen has been a disaster so far. Very lazy player that commits a lot of mental mistakes (even for a rookie).

Winston is a better public speaker than RT. Now we know why Houston cut him and they havent even missed a beat without him. He is pathetic at both pass blocking and run blocking and is a penalty machine.

The only guy worth keeping IMO is Hudson. He was doing fine before his injury.

My brain hurts so much by all this garbage that I won't comment further.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O-Line was fine until we became a predictable mess starting in the 2nd half of the Ravens game, especially before we lost Hudson. It's also worth pointing out that the O-Line hasn't played with a lead all year...they're not the ones turning it over..maybe one or two QB fumbles were blown assignments, but that was after the wheels fell off.

They'll be fine, i'm more interested to see how the DL would play in a new scheme and see how many of the current parts are useful.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, I would love to have Chip Kelly as the HC. We better fire Pioli if we want something like that to happen though.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
footballfan81 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
i dont like Barkley he has usc bust writen all over him and add that with the fact kc did nouthing to improve the oline guess it will be anouther top 5 pick come 2013

He never said the oline didn't need improvement. Quite the opposite, he is stating that KC will end up with a top 5 pick in the draft if they don't improve the oline.

Face it, our oline is garbage. Albert is vastly overrated and should be playing guard. Dont give me some useless pro football focus stats. I'll take my gameday observations over PFF. Since there is no way he'll accept a move to guard, then let him go to another team and draft an OT in the 2nd round.

Asamoah showed promise in his first year but has been brutal this year. Gets pushed back on every single play and is one of the main reasons our QB's have no space to step up.

Allen has been a disaster so far. Very lazy player that commits a lot of mental mistakes (even for a rookie).

Winston is a better public speaker than RT. Now we know why Houston cut him and they havent even missed a beat without him. He is pathetic at both pass blocking and run blocking and is a penalty machine.

The only guy worth keeping IMO is Hudson. He was doing fine before his injury.

My brain hurts so much by all this garbage that I won't comment further.

Why? He wasn't totally off base despite exaggerating a few points too far.

Asamoah was horrible the 1st month of the season - but it's not accurate to say he still gets pushed back every play - he's been much better lately. This GIF'D UP from AP shows a lot of Asamoah on skates back during the Bill's game. Much improved since then though.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/21/3371076/gifd-up-chiefs-vs-bills-failures-of-the-offense

Lilja has done an admirable job at C but we are missing Hudson big time. I'd much prefer Lilja in a back up role next year.

Jeff Allen is horrible at LG right now and looking at his bio (cause I couldn't remember) his best experience is at LT. Here's a GIF'D UP focused on Allen over the course of the season.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/5/3595698/jeff-allen-kansas-city-chiefs-rookie

And another GIF'D UP on the OL which contrary to the #2 ranking they had recently - has been poor all season!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/10/6/3464166/gifd-up-chiefs-vs-chargers-offensive-line-woes

I'm a big believer in the play your best 5 OL mantra. Maybe we should look at Albert at LG and Allen at LT now while we're in evaluation mode. While Albert is solidly and easily above average at LT - he's not great out there.

Allen's college resume @ LT from the Chiefs themselves:

2011: Started all thirteen games at left tackle Registered 102 knockdowns and 14 touchdown resulting blocks

2010: Started all 13 games at left tackle, helping pave the way for the top rushing offense in the Big Ten and the 11th-best in the nation

2009: Started all 12 games after shifting to left tackle, earning second-team All-Big Ten Conference honors Delivered 11 touchdown-resulting blocks and made 87 knockdowns

2008: Started the team's final nine games at right tackle... Posted 10 touchdown-resulting blocks and 63 knockdowns

As for the mock - I love Tavin Austin but as others have said - he'll go well before the 4th round. I'm supremely fearful of Barkley Sad

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
EB29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert is a boss. He is not a G he is a T. He has played great this year and can definitely be considered a top 10 T IMO.

Allen needs time in the weight room no doubt. He has been bad so far but it sounds like the guy is dedicated and loves football. Bring in a midround pick let him compete for both G spots. JA has been bad at times but in no way needs to be replaced. It's his second season lets give him a chance to develop. Lord know we have enough holes as it is.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Albert is a boss. He is not a G he is a T. He has played great this year and can definitely be considered a top 10 T IMO.

Allen needs time in the weight room no doubt. He has been bad so far but it sounds like the guy is dedicated and loves football. Bring in a midround pick let him compete for both G spots. JA has been bad at times but in no way needs to be replaced. It's his second season lets give him a chance to develop. Lord know we have enough holes as it is.

Certainly not suggesting replacing Asamoah - only commented on him because while the original point was exaggerated - it wasn't beyond discussion like Mikek treated it.

My comments about Allen and Albert really center around them both being guys that made their draft value at different positions than the Chiefs have ended up using them in. I'm sure Allen can potentially get better but whatif his best fit is LT and what if Albert at LG was an All-Pro - something he has NOT been at LT thus far.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Love the draft and Chip Kelly. I don't think Austin will last but dare to dream!

2. Say what about the oline?

Allen: I agree he has been brutal. But it's rookie year and he was thrown to the wolves on a terrible offense. Look across te league and you will find a guy on every team that got man handled In year 1 and came back to be quality players.

Albert: great player. Not elite but just below. I don't get the talk about just switching him to G will make him elite. Entirely different position. Get this man a new contract.

Hudson: looked improved until injury. Still needs to improve. Only year 2.

Asamoah: IMO, he wins more battles than he loses. Easily part of the future. Not everyone is Carl nicks.

Winston: average pass blocker, great runblocker. Exactly what you want in a RT. You have to take into account he is playing in a different scheme for the first time in a long time.

Te most important factor is chemistry. If your gonna shake things up every year, you will never have a great oline.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you, we will be taking Vaccaro.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:

i was pointing out that in your off season you had us doing nouthing to fix the oline and by not doing anything kc will be in big trouble yet again in 2013.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are we gonna replace?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
you had us doing nouthing to fix the oline

Is that a Canadian joke. Too far man. What's this all aboot?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
you had us doing nouthing to fix the oline

Is that a Canadian joke. Too far man. What's this all aboot?

Reported for hate crimes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishful thinking for Tavon Austin to last to the 4th round..

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Wishful thinking for Tavon Austin to last to the 4th round..

I have seen it on a couple different sites and mock drafts around here so w.e.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: