Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd mock of the year + offseason!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: 2nd mock of the year + offseason! Reply with quote

General Manager- Mike Holmgren

Head Coach - Chip Kelly

Offensive Coordinator - Norv Turner

Defensive Coordinator - Bob Sutton

NFL Draft 2013

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
With new(er) ownership and most likely a new head coach, the Jaguars are definitely going to take a qb.

Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Like him. Don't like him. He is going to be the pick if he is available with or without Pioli. (In my scenario, without)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second round

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

Third round

Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon

Fourth round

Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

Fifth round

Marcus Cromartie, CB, Wisconsin

Sixth round

James Ferentz, C, Iowa

Seventh round

Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State

Major Free Agent Signings 2013

Brandon Albert - Franchise Tag
Dwayne Bowe - 5 year deal / 46 million / 16 guaranteed
Glenn Dorsey - Bye Bye

Quentin Jammer
Matt Moore

Thoughts?

Last edited by Mikek163 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explanation -

1st round - We need a new qb. Hands down.

2nd round - We need help in our secondary but there isn't anyone who we feel comfortable with at cb. This pick will provide much needed competition at the safety position as well.

3rd round - Huh? Yeah. With Chip Kelly running the show he will take his boy from Oregon. Hillis has been a disaster all year so we do need depth behind Charles.

4th round - Even though we manage to re sign Bowe we need more competition and speed at the WR position. With our new, intense offense we can NEVER have too many talented Wrs.

5th round - We need help at cb although we managed to grab Jammer away from the Chargers. Ill take ANY db with the name Cromartie at this point.

6th round - Who cares.

7th round - Who cares.

With free agency I can see Holmgren trying to re sign all our major players but the lack of cash will restrict him from doing so. I think Albert will be tagged and Bowe will get a contract similar to Roddy Whites back in 2009. A little bit less money both guaranteed and in total, but regardless it is enough. As far as out of town guys coming in I love Jammer as our #2 cb and Matt Moore can be a serviceable back up for Barkley.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love every single pick except Barner, but I understand your reasoning. Ferentz is probably the most underrated technician in the draft. Hell of a sleeper pick there. Obviously, I'd rather Geno or Wilson in the 1st, but as long as we take a QB, I'm happy. LOVE the Vaccaro pick.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
lawful yet1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like Barkley he has usc bust writen all over him and add that with the fact kc did nouthing to improve the oline guess it will be anouther top 5 pick come 2013
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawful yet1 wrote:
i dont like Barkley he has usc bust writen all over him and add that with the fact kc did nouthing to improve the oline guess it will be anouther top 5 pick come 2013

Uh..We don't need to improve our Oline? Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly and Norv Turner running the offense with Barkley at the helm? Me likey. Also like the other picks made, positional-wise, just don't know much about those players.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tavon Austin will go much earlier, possibly in the late 1st ala Randall Cobb. Plus, with DMX and Wylie on the roster, I'd rather get a straight outside burner like Tevin Reese from Baylor, then another inside receiver. I think with Bowe and Baldwin being you're bigger bodied guys that Turner usually prefers, and Dex and Wylie as inside slot guys, we need more of a straight line speed guy on the outside IMO. Turner seems to prefer bigger WR's and at least one deep threat burner type to go vertical, and that's the one thing we don't really have.

I also think Robert Lester or Eric Reid would be better picks then Vaccaro, but if you assuming they are already gone, I'm good with that.

Also, we will most likely have an extra 3rd round pick due to losing Carr as a compensatory, and there I'd look at TE or ILB. Those are the two positions I would have liked to have seen addressed that weren't.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I think Tavon Austin will go much earlier, possibly in the late 1st ala Randall Cobb. Plus, with DMX and Wylie on the roster, I'd rather get a straight outside burner like Tevin Reese from Baylor, then another inside receiver. I think with Bowe and Baldwin being you're bigger bodied guys that Turner usually prefers, and Dex and Wylie as inside slot guys, we need more of a straight line speed guy on the outside IMO. Turner seems to prefer bigger WR's and at least one deep threat burner type to go vertical, and that's the one thing we don't really have.

I also think Robert Lester or Eric Reid would be better picks then Vaccaro, but if you assuming they are already gone, I'm good with that.

Also, we will most likely have an extra 3rd round pick due to losing Carr as a compensatory, and there I'd look at TE or ILB. Those are the two positions I would have liked to have seen addressed that weren't.

Reid and Lester are definitely gone before the 2nd round.

I didnt want to add compensatory picks so I just left it straight up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't picture Chip and Norv. Norv is old school and has 0 connections (other than they are both connected to Oregon). Why would Norv wanna be an OC for a guy that is in his first stint?

Sig bet
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Is it just a coincidence that nearly everyone wants Vaccaro first except the A&M guy? Shame on you

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Is it just a coincidence that nearly everyone wants Vaccaro first except the A&M guy? Shame on you

I have no problem with Vaccaro, and actually Walterfootball has him ahead of both Reid and Lester right now. I personally think it's mostly a toss up at this point how all of the safeties shake out to an extent, so saying one goes before the next is mostly guessing at this point.

The fact is this is one of the deepest and most top heavy safety classes of recent memory. We should really look to get some good value at the position, which would be in the 2nd or even 3rd round. Which one exactly will be determined by our next coaching staff, because if Berry is continued to be used in the box, then Vaccaro makes a lot of sense, but if berry is back more, or even moves to FS, then Lester or Reid are possibly better fits.

No Homer.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I can't picture Chip and Norv. Norv is old school and has 0 connections (other than they are both connected to Oregon). Why would Norv wanna be an OC for a guy that is in his first stint?

Gotta say this is one of the first thoughts i had while going over it but stranger things have happened. Norv might wanna get paid while doing something a little easier and be able to pay back the team that fired him 2x a year instead of sitting at home.

Skittish on the Mike Holmgren for GM idea though. Just seems like a guy who doesn't have 110% into the game anymore and the Browns didn't really blossom under him either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

No Homer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

The reasoning behind both Norv Turner and Bob Sutton is that they are older / experienced guys who know the AFC (especially in Norv's case the AFC West) who can help the transition for Chip. I also think this puts Norv in a situation where if he ever wants to coach again, he will most likely see good success in KC and therefore get his chance, and if not, why wouldn't he want to work with one of the most innovative offensive minds in the world?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:

Uh..We don't need to improve our Oline? Lol.

He never said the oline didn't need improvement. Quite the opposite, he is stating that KC will end up with a top 5 pick in the draft if they don't improve the oline.

Face it, our oline is garbage. Albert is vastly overrated and should be playing guard. Dont give me some useless pro football focus stats. I'll take my gameday observations over PFF. Since there is no way he'll accept a move to guard, then let him go to another team and draft an OT in the 2nd round.

Asamoah showed promise in his first year but has been brutal this year. Gets pushed back on every single play and is one of the main reasons our QB's have no space to step up.

Allen has been a disaster so far. Very lazy player that commits a lot of mental mistakes (even for a rookie).

Winston is a better public speaker than RT. Now we know why Houston cut him and they havent even missed a beat without him. He is pathetic at both pass blocking and run blocking and is a penalty machine.

The only guy worth keeping IMO is Hudson. He was doing fine before his injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: