Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNPackfan32's 2013 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5549
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
HOW DO WE KNOW pHILBIN'S WAY IN THE DRAFT. hAS HE EVER RUN A DRAFT, OR MADE ANY DRAFT DECISIONS WHATSOEVER? tHE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER IT'S iRELAND'S WAY. aND IF YOU ARE GOING ON gREEN bAY'S RECORD, THEY BUILT MUCH OF THAT o-LINE WITH MID ROUND GUYS. hE ALSO DID PICK A RECEIVER IN THE SECOND ROUND, AND i BELIEVE IT WAS NEAR THE TOP OF THE SECOND.

bUT WHAT THE HECK DO i KNOW, i CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON WHILE i TYPE?!?!?!


Why do you yell?


SHUT UP PAT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP!


Yeah dude I don't like this gimmick too much.

PS I would LOVE THIS DRAFT! Every single pick. Yes. So much win here.
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8742
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
HOW DO WE KNOW pHILBIN'S WAY IN THE DRAFT. hAS HE EVER RUN A DRAFT, OR MADE ANY DRAFT DECISIONS WHATSOEVER? tHE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER IT'S iRELAND'S WAY. aND IF YOU ARE GOING ON gREEN bAY'S RECORD, THEY BUILT MUCH OF THAT o-LINE WITH MID ROUND GUYS. hE ALSO DID PICK A RECEIVER IN THE SECOND ROUND, AND i BELIEVE IT WAS NEAR THE TOP OF THE SECOND.

bUT WHAT THE HECK DO i KNOW, i CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON WHILE i TYPE?!?!?!


Why do you yell?


SHUT UP PAT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP!


Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaiowas05


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1117
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did someone say Jairus Byrd in FA? sweeeeeeet
_________________
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajiggel72


Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 168
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
did someone say Jairus Byrd in FA? sweeeeeeet


You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

It does make sense. It will take about 9 million a year but the way I am looking at it is Long or Byrd... May be enough to push our defense to the next level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7887
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:


PS I would LOVE THIS DRAFT! Every single pick. Yes. So much win here.
Thank you, like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day, but IMO this would be another big step up, building on last years draft.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaiowas05


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1117
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggel72 wrote:
Kaiowas05 wrote:
did someone say Jairus Byrd in FA? sweeeeeeet


You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

It does make sense. It will take about 9 million a year but the way I am looking at it is Long or Byrd... May be enough to push our defense to the next level.


thats a big deal for a safety :/ id be happier with 7 tops, Ed Reed doesnt get paid that, right?
_________________
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1680
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion it is a pretty good mock draft. My caveats are :

1) I'm a BPA person in rounds one thru three. In rounds four and five I'm willing to append within a standard deviation of 10% to adjust for need. In rounds six and seven the need adjustment can be skewed more for players but not exceeding a 20% variance.

2) Rambo intrigues me and surely his stock has dropped with off field issues. The question is how much does his suspension and arrest effect his status with the Dolphins decision makers?

3) How many juniors will or will not declare will change many draft boards.

I'll wait till the spring to do a mock as I have dropped my Draft Crystal Ball and do not expect it back from the warranty repair shop anytime soon.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13120
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
In my opinion it is a pretty good mock draft. My caveats are :

1) I'm a BPA person in rounds one thru three. In rounds four and five I'm willing to append within a standard deviation of 10% to adjust for need. In rounds six and seven the need adjustment can be skewed more for players but not exceeding a 20% variance.

2) Rambo intrigues me and surely his stock has dropped with off field issues. The question is how much does his suspension and arrest effect his status with the Dolphins decision makers?

3) How many juniors will or will not declare will change many draft boards.

I'll wait till the spring to do a mock as I have dropped my Draft Crystal Ball and do not expect it back from the warranty repair shop anytime soon.


It's virtually Impossible to do a Mock draft based on BPA analysis. How could you know which player will fall to that slot? Mocks have to be based on a combination of need and Man Crushes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1680
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its simple - I make my top 250 board and cross of names as they are drafted highest rated player left when you draft is the BPA. Now when you do a mock there are certain probabilities of who will be selected ahead of your slot ans you use your best guess as who will be available.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13120
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Its simple - I make my top 250 board and cross of names as they are drafted highest rated player left when you draft is the BPA. Now when you do a mock there are certain probabilities of who will be selected ahead of your slot ans you use your best guess as who will be available.


But if you think the guy is that good, then chances are he won't be there where he is projected. If you think it then it's likely other teams GM's are thinking it too. I remember last year I kept mocking Bruce Irvin to Miami in the second round and people kept telling me it was way too early to take him. In the real draft he went like 15th overall to Seattle.

In the real draft a guy at a position of strength could fall to you and you might take him in a BPA style draft, but in a mock you have no idea who will fall and who won't, so you have to end up going more need than anything.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13120
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
HOW DO WE KNOW pHILBIN'S WAY IN THE DRAFT. hAS HE EVER RUN A DRAFT, OR MADE ANY DRAFT DECISIONS WHATSOEVER? tHE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER IT'S iRELAND'S WAY. aND IF YOU ARE GOING ON gREEN bAY'S RECORD, THEY BUILT MUCH OF THAT o-LINE WITH MID ROUND GUYS. hE ALSO DID PICK A RECEIVER IN THE SECOND ROUND, AND i BELIEVE IT WAS NEAR THE TOP OF THE SECOND.

bUT WHAT THE HECK DO i KNOW, i CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON WHILE i TYPE?!?!?!


Why do you yell?


SHUT UP PAT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP!


Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad


You do know I was just joking right? lol Humor doesn't always come across that way when typed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jw33d


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 401
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: MNPackfan32's 2013 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Round 1 - Robert Woods - WR - USC - As much as I would like to put Keenan Allen here, I think he will be a big time riser in the offseason during work outs. Woods is an excellent WR with great speed and is tough as nails, willing to take the big hit, he is a dangerous threat with the ball in his hands.

Round 2a - Oday Aboushi - LT - Virginia - Aboushi is a better scheme fit for the Dolphins and my gut says a team like Arizona will pay way too much for Long if he hits the open market. Even if Long gets tagged or signs, Aboushi could possibly slide into LG or RG.

Round 2b - Marcus Davis - WR - Virginia Tech - Davis is a tall WR who has great speed, he has had a little problem with some drops but at this slot he adds major upside. He gives Tannehill another weapon and a big target.

Round 3a - Terry Hawthorne - CB - Illinois - Hawthorne is a versitile athlete with decent cover skills. After trading Vontae Davis, some depth at CB would be welcome.

Round 3b - Bacarri Rambo - S - Georgia - Rambo is a great talent but has had some off the field issues. Jones has been excellent for the Dolphins this year and adding Rambo would make them one of the best safety combo's in the NFL.

Round 4 - Brandon Jenkins - DE - Florida State - Jenkins suffered a foot injury at the beginning of the year, he was regarded as a possible 1st round pick before that. Jenkins would probably be a pass rush specialist right away, but you can never have enough good pass rushers.

Round 5 - Knile Davis - RB - Arkansas - Davis is the perfect back for the ZBS, he has a long injury history, but splitting carries with Bush and Miller they could become the best running game in the NFL. Which can only help Tannehill and the play action passing game. If Davis hits he is an amazing value at this spot.

Round 6 - Eric Gordon - CB - Tennessee - Only 5'9, but is very quick and can pick so passes off but being so short would probably make him a slot corner only. Possible punt/kick returner as well.

Round 7 - Jeff Tuel - QB - Washington State - Tuel is a larger, athletic QB with some OK tools. Let Philbin/Sherman develop him and maybe flip him for a pick in a couple years.


This may just be me but I don't see how you can take a WR who has a problem with drops in the 2nd round regardless of his speed. We could easily get Hamilton from ARK later and he has been doing work in the SEC. I also would rather have Hunter over Allen and Woods. Hunter is a big time receiver who is just on a bad team ala Keenan as well, but Hunter has been going against some of the best defenses in the nation and still producing respectable numbers
_________________
WR3CK 3M T3CH

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5549
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
HOW DO WE KNOW pHILBIN'S WAY IN THE DRAFT. hAS HE EVER RUN A DRAFT, OR MADE ANY DRAFT DECISIONS WHATSOEVER? tHE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER IT'S iRELAND'S WAY. aND IF YOU ARE GOING ON gREEN bAY'S RECORD, THEY BUILT MUCH OF THAT o-LINE WITH MID ROUND GUYS. hE ALSO DID PICK A RECEIVER IN THE SECOND ROUND, AND i BELIEVE IT WAS NEAR THE TOP OF THE SECOND.

bUT WHAT THE HECK DO i KNOW, i CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON WHILE i TYPE?!?!?!


Why do you yell?


SHUT UP PAT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP!


Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad


You do know I was just joking right? lol Humor doesn't always come across that way when typed.


He meant it Pat. He meant every single word. #knowyourrole
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13120
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
HOW DO WE KNOW pHILBIN'S WAY IN THE DRAFT. hAS HE EVER RUN A DRAFT, OR MADE ANY DRAFT DECISIONS WHATSOEVER? tHE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER IT'S iRELAND'S WAY. aND IF YOU ARE GOING ON gREEN bAY'S RECORD, THEY BUILT MUCH OF THAT o-LINE WITH MID ROUND GUYS. hE ALSO DID PICK A RECEIVER IN THE SECOND ROUND, AND i BELIEVE IT WAS NEAR THE TOP OF THE SECOND.

bUT WHAT THE HECK DO i KNOW, i CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS ON WHILE i TYPE?!?!?!


Why do you yell?


SHUT UP PAT!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP!


Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad


You do know I was just joking right? lol Humor doesn't always come across that way when typed.


He meant it Pat. He meant every single word. #knowyourrole


Don't make me get BOLD on you PD!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group