Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LOCKER EXPECTED TO START SUNDAY YUSSSS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titansNvolsR#1"]
TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Last time Bud forced a QB into the starting lineup? We made a playoff run. Cool

Pretty sure a playoff run requires making the playoffs...[/quote

Run at the playoffs, playoff run, whatever. Go be a [inappropriate/removed] elsewhere.

Someone is mighty sensitive. Laughing

In other news, this news makes me very happy.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titansNvolsR#1"]
TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Last time Bud forced a QB into the starting lineup? We made a playoff run. Cool

Pretty sure a playoff run requires making the playoffs...[/quote

Run at the playoffs, playoff run, whatever. Go be a [inappropriate/removed] elsewhere.

Chillax bro, was just making a point. Laughing

Plus, this isn't a "Bud forcing QB change" thing anyway, it's just him forcing them to play Locker before the doctors are completely comfortable with it.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooooooooo

Watching the games will be bearable now!

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it highly amusing that as soon as Munchak's butt is on the hot seat, BOOM!!! Locker's ready to play.

I thought as soon as Hass lost a game, Locker will magically be ready to play. After they finally came out and said that he wasn't medically cleared to play I said, "Ok maybe his injury really is serious. Sit him and let him heal."
But as soon as the boss comes in and shows his displeasure with the team, Locker is miraculously ready to go.

If Munch is only starting Locker in order to save his job, and he is not healthy and has another setback, I will be beyond pissed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if he wasn't ready the doctors would be saying so. It really wouldn't be worthwhile risking your franchise QB for a lost season. He can't be that stupid can he?

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
Surely if he wasn't ready the doctors would be saying so. It really wouldn't be worthwhile risking your franchise QB for a lost season. He can't be that stupid can he?

Yes, Bud Adams is that stupid.

Munch said just a couple weeks ago Locker would more likely than not need the bye week before he's back to 100%. This is bringing him back 3 weeks early.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them commentators sure shut their mouths pretty quick about Hasselsuck. IDIOTS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
I find it highly amusing that as soon as Munchak's butt is on the hot seat, BOOM!!! Locker's ready to play.

I thought as soon as Hass lost a game, Locker will magically be ready to play. After they finally came out and said that he wasn't medically cleared to play I said, "Ok maybe his injury really is serious. Sit him and let him heal."
But as soon as the boss comes in and shows his displeasure with the team, Locker is miraculously ready to go.

If Munch is only starting Locker in order to save his job, and he is not healthy and has another setback, I will be beyond pissed.

I highly doubt there is any conspiracy theory going on here. We lost the Colts game and he was still sitting. It's purely a health thing. Munchak isn't as conniving as Fisher was.
I believe if Munchak says it, he means it. No hidden messages.
He wants Locker to play. It isn't a "i secretly love Hasselbeck more" type thing. He likes both but he knows Locker is the better QB or he wouldn't have named him starter out of the gate.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

I highly doubt there is any conspiracy theory going on here. We lost the Colts game and he was still sitting. It's purely a health thing. Munchak isn't as conniving as Fisher was.
He wants Locker to play. It isn't a "i secretly love Hasselbeck more" type thing. He likes both but he knows Locker is the better QB or he wouldn't have named him starter out of the gate.

Lets hope you're right and this isn't some last ditch effort to save his job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

It's not a last ditch effort. Amendola is nearly back from that gnarly shoulder injury. It's amazing what they can do with treatments for injuries nowadays. I don't think Munch would put his potential franchise QB out there if he wasn't sure he was healthy for the most part.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

It's not a last ditch effort. Amendola is nearly back from that gnarly shoulder injury. It's amazing what they can do with treatments for injuries nowadays. I don't think Munch would put his potential franchise QB out there if he wasn't sure he was healthy for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Locker play, but only if he is healthy enough to play. After listening to the reports on Locker, his status to play has gone up and down. At first Munch said, "Oh he should be able to play next week against Buffalo." Once Hass looked good and had a great game against Pitt, Locker wasn't ready to play, but should be back against Indy. Once Hass looked pretty good against Buffalo, Locker's injury suddenly looked serious and possibly could keep him on the bench until after the bye. After the loss to the Colts and the blow out to the Bears (and after he is put on the hot seat by his boss), Locker's injury has miraculously gotten better.

I may be looking into this too much, but it's quite the coincidence that as soon as Munch may lose his job, Locker is healthy enough to come swoop in and save the day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I want to see Locker play, but only if he is healthy enough to play. After listening to the reports on Locker, his status to play has gone up and down. At first Munch said, "Oh he should be able to play next week against Buffalo." Once Hass looked good and had a great game against Pitt, Locker wasn't ready to play, but should be back against Indy. Once Hass looked pretty good against Buffalo, Locker's injury suddenly looked serious and possibly could keep him on the bench until after the bye. After the loss to the Colts and the blow out to the Bears (and after he is put on the hot seat by his boss), Locker's injury has miraculously gotten better.

I may be looking into this too much, but it's quite the coincidence that as soon as Munch may lose his job, Locker is healthy enough to come swoop in and save the day.

You're not alone in your suspicions.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:

It's my view you may be looking into it too much. I recall from the jump it being said this injury may take weeks. I think there was some optimism in getting him back sooner but once they saw it wasn't healing at the rate they thought, he wasn't as "close."

I love Locker, but there is no sure thing he will come in and "save the day."
The way the WHOLE team has played I don't know if a single QB can fix it. The play should improve but I don't know if it will translate into a season saving 7 game win streak.
I still think we may end up going 5-2. That is reasonable if everyone stays healthy.

I just dont feel it is related to "job saving." If so I would think he would have pushed him out there after the Colts. Cause that was a tough loss.
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

It's my view you may be looking into it too much. I recall from the jump it being said this injury may take weeks. I think there was some optimism in getting him back sooner but once they saw it wasn't healing at the rate they thought, he wasn't as "close."

The way the WHOLE team has played I don't know if a single QB can fix it. The play should improve but I don't know if it will translate into a season saving 7 game win streak.
I still think we may end up going 5-2. That is reasonable if everyone stays healthy.

I just dont feel it is related to "job saving." If so I would think he would have pushed him out there after the Colts. Cause that was a tough loss.

I agree that he may not come in and necessarily "save the day", but I'm not so sure that Munch isn't counting on it. You say that you don't believe that inserting Locker is "job saving" because if so they would have started him after the Colts game, but until after the complete and utter butt whooping given to us by the Bears, I don't believe Munch felt his job was ever in jeopardy. This situation that we are in now is not much different then the situation the Titans were in in 2009 (although Munch is actually in a better situation). He witnessed first hand the spark that can be given to a team by simply starting another QB (the young, high draft pick QB replaces the old, washed-up vet).

As for the 5-2 record going forward, you may be a bit more optimistic than I. From what the Titans have displayed on offense AND defense in 9 weeks, I'm not so sure we will beat teams like Miami, New York, and the Colts. I believe that we are actually worse than our 3-6 record. In our 3 wins this year, we've won by a combined score of 7 points. 7 points! In our 6 losses we have been completely blown out aside from the Colts game. Too many inconsistancies on both sides of the ball for me to think that the Titans can go 5-2, regardless of who the QB is.

I know you're saying that the Titans COULD go 5-2, but after what I've seen in 9 weeks I just can't imagine it happening.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:

I agree that he may not come in and necessarily "save the day", but I'm not so sure that Munch isn't counting on it. You say that you don't believe that inserting Locker is "job saving" because if so they would have started him after the Colts game, but until after the complete and utter butt whooping given to us by the Bears, I don't believe Munch felt his job was ever in jeopardy. This situation that we are in now is not much different then the situation the Titans were in in 2009 (although Munch is actually in a better situation). He witnessed first hand the spark that can be given to a team by simply starting another QB (the young, high draft pick QB replaces the old, washed-up vet).

As for the 5-2 record going forward, you may be a bit more optimistic than I. From what the Titans have displayed on offense AND defense in 9 weeks, I'm not so sure we will beat teams like Miami, New York, and the Colts. I believe that we are actually worse than our 3-6 record. In our 3 wins this year, we've won by a combined score of 7 points. 7 points! In our 6 losses we have been completely blown out aside from the Colts game. Too many inconsistancies on both sides of the ball for me to think that the Titans can go 5-2, regardless of who the QB is.

I know you're saying that the Titans COULD go 5-2, but after what I've seen in 9 weeks I just can't imagine it happening.

Yeah 5-2 may be a stretch. I just think it they are 5 games that are winnable.
Still hoping! Smile

But I still trust Munch and think he is being sincere and honest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: