Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Midseason Report - State of the Franchise: Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: 2012 Midseason Report - State of the Franchise: Cowboys Reply with quote

Got this idea from ESPN and thought I should share it. The Dallas Cowboys are at the midway point in the season and are at 3-5. In light of the recent election, I ask to you, my fellow people of the Dallas Cowboy Football Forum: Who of thee players from thou 2012 Dallas Cowboys, deserve election? Let your voice be heard for the future of America's Team!

This will be broken down into 4 categories:

1. Four More Years: These are the players who must remain with our party, the Dallas Cowboys. This isn't restricted to only the cornerstones but to who do you believe the Cowboys CANNOT LOSE. The ones who you trust will RISE to the occasion when things go bad and who will bring the Cowboys back to being contenders! Give brief explanation as to why all of these players are beneficial to the parties future and should be kept.

2. Two Year Term: These are the players that you believe are undecided. They have shown in the past to be beneficial to the team but detrimental to it also. From inconsistent players to veterans (who've performed admirably) this is the list of players that you believe should be given some more time.

3. Too Close to Call: This is the "battle" party, aka the players that are battling to show if that they should be kept or not. This is the list of players that are tough calls and will come down to the wire.

4. Term Limit: The "say goodbye" list. These are the players that you believe are a detriment, or just not good enough to be with the Dallas Cowboys, for whatever reason. You have seen enough of them. We can also call this group "replaceable". Money and age also can be a factor.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the inaugural poster, I will go first:

1. Four More Years: These are the players that I think the Cowboys will need to keep. While some are already established (Ware, Lee, Carr) I believe this group will help turn our team around in the future.

Tyron Smith, OT ------ DeMarcus Ware, OLB
Morris Claiborne, CB ------ Brandon Carr, CB
Sean Lee, LB ------ Bruce Carter, LB
DeMarco Murray, RB ------ Jason Witten, TE
Barry Church, S ------ Dan Bailey, K
James Hanna, TE ------ Sean Lissemore, DE
Tyron Crawford, DE ------ Josh Brent, DT
Chris Jones, P

2. Two Year Term: I hate putting Dez Bryant in this list, as I think he should be in the four more years list but he has to improve his play and stay away from the off the field distractions that are hurting him.

Tony Romo, QB ------ Jay Ratliff, DT
Orlando Scandrick, CB ----- Doug Free, OT
Dez Bryant, WR ------- Kevin Kowalski, C/G
Kyle Orton, QB ------- Miles Austin, WR
Danny McCray, S ------ Alex Albright, LB
Kyle Wilber, OLB ------ Cole Beasley, WR
Nate Livings, G ------ Doug Free, OT
Ernie Sims, LB ------- Jason Hatcher, DE
Lance Dunbar, RB ------- Dwayne Harris, WR
L.P. Ladouceur, LS ------- Dan Connor, LB

3. Too Close To Call: Don't know if they should get more years

Ryan Cook, C ------- Matt Johnson, S
Phillip Tanner, RB ------- Andre Holmes, WR
Mackenzy Bernadeau, G ------ David Arkin, G
Charlie Peprah, S ------- Lawrence Vickers, FB
Victor Butler, OLB ------- Jeremy Parnell, OT

4. Term Limits: See ya

Orie Lemon, LB ------- Anthony Spencer, OLB
Marcus Spears, DE ----- Kenyon Coleman, DE
Felix Jones, RB ----- Mike Jenkins, CB
Caleb McSurdy, LB ----- Eric Frampton, S
Derrick Dockery, G ------ Phil Costa, C
Brian Moorman, P------ Kevin Olgetree, WR
Gerald Sensabaugh, S ------ John Phillips, TE

ware94 wrote:
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't agree with much of your list TBH.

Orie Lemon, Anthony Spencer, and John Phillips are great role players and should be kept IMO. I don't think Witten has 4 more years left in him but I could be surprised. I would put Romo and Scandrick in the 4 more years category but not sure what Crawford has shown to be in that category, or James Hanna.

That's just from a glance

Sig courtesy of mack.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I became embarrassed for this list the second I saw Cole Beasley on a 2 year term.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four more years:

Demarcus Ware - Will retire a Cowboy and be inducted into HOF.
Jason Witten - Has been the most consistent player on this team since he's been here. Hardly ever gets hurt, so there is no reason to think he won't last 4 more years at least.
Demarco Murray
Morris Claiborne - He and Carr will be very formiddable in the secondary for years.
Brandon Carr - See above.
Sean Lee - Arguably the best player on the team. One of the best LBs in the biz. Just gotta stay healthy!
Bruce Carter - If his current play is any indication, wow...it will be fun to watch he and Lee man that middle for the next several years.
Tyron Smith
Jason Hatcher
Dan Bailey - Consistent kicker. So important.
Kyle Orton - Having a capable back-up is something that is always overlooked and we have one of the best.

Two Year Term:

Tony Romo - Just don't know if he can do it for more than another couple of years. I don't like the idea of giving him an extension that will extend into his mid-late 30s.
Orlando Scandrick - Got a huge contract and hasn't played up to it. Has been decent in the slot though. He's got 2 more years to prove his worth.
Dez Bryant - He has improved each year. But is it enough? He's got to show an enormous amount of growth in maturity next year or he may be shown the door.
Miles Austin - Has been pretty consistent but his injury problems lately give me cause for concern. He seems to drop a killer pass every now and then but also makes lots of plays after the catch. He gets 2 more years.
Doug Free - Needs to prove he's worth that contract. He's not doing it right now.
Jay Ratliff - If he can stay healthy throughout the rest of the season and still show some burst late in the year, I'm for keeping him.
Danny McCray
Dwayne Harris
Dan Connor
Tyrone Crawford - Simply don't exactly know what he's got yet. I like what I've seen, but I want to see more this season and next season.
James Hanna - Show me you can continue to improve on your blocking and not just be a one-horse show.
Phil Costa
Gerald Sensabaugh
Barry Church

Gotta run, so I will do the other 2 categories later...

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I became embarrassed for this list the second I saw Cole Beasley on a 2 year term.

I wasn't sure whether I should put him there or on too close to call category, but I decided 2 year since the coaches like him. I think they will keep him around in 2013.

I believe in Cole Beasley Very Happy

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Don't agree with much of your list TBH.

Orie Lemon, Anthony Spencer, and John Phillips are great role players and should be kept IMO. I don't think Witten has 4 more years left in him but I could be surprised. I would put Romo and Scandrick in the 4 more years category but not sure what Crawford has shown to be in that category, or James Hanna.

That's just from a glance

I believe Anthony Spencer won't be resigned primarily due to money, so I don't see him being back. I think Witten still has some years left in him, he has consistently been good and I don't think he will slip off that much. Hanna's potential is greater than Phillips. Scandrick hasn't lived up to his contract. As for Romo I guess it's just a matter of personal preference for whether he's in the 4 more years but I don't think he has that many years left.

ware94 wrote:
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I wasn't sure whether I should put him there or on too close to call category, but I decided 2 year since the coaches like him. I think they will keep him around in 2013.

I believe in Cole Beasley Very Happy

Beasley is in the 15 year plan.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm Hitzges from 1310 The Ticket in Dallas made an interesting observation yesterday. Not counting Claiborne, the Dallas 2012 draft class has contributed a total of 5 solo tackles and 1 catch for 10 yards. He admitted that it is too early to judge this draft class, but it is interesting that in a draft in which every single player selected had a chance to unseat the incumbent, Dallas has received so little contribution up to this point.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demarco Murray belongs only in the 2 year plan because of his injury history. 2 more years of getting hurt and being out for 3-4 games and we will have to find a starter to replace him.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Norm Hitzges from 1310 The Ticket in Dallas made an interesting observation yesterday. Not counting Claiborne, the Dallas 2012 draft class has contributed a total of 5 solo tackles and 1 catch for 10 yards. He admitted that it is too early to judge this draft class, but it is interesting that in a draft in which every single player selected had a chance to unseat the incumbent, Dallas has received so little contribution up to this point.

First off, how can you just not count Claiborne? He was our first round pick and immediately stepped in as starter. Thats just stupid (not saying you are stupid, but that notion made by Hitzges is stupid).

And, please explain to me which player drafted, other than Claiborne was expected to unseat the incumbent player? I don't think there was a soul on this forum that expected Tyrone Crawford to unseat Hatcher, Coleman, Spears, or Lissemore. Kyle Wilber had zero chance of beating out Ware, Spencer, or Butler. Hanna is behind Witten and Phillips. Matt Johnson hasn't been healthy for a nanosecond. Danny Coale was hurt almost all of training camp and is on the PS. McSurdy tore his achilles and is on IR.

Again, this is not directed at you but that statement from Hitzges is ridiculous.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay. Slam. You were right about Tony.

I am loving this thread.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Term Limit:
Jerry Jones

I'm done.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put Doug Free in the Term Limit as well. His cap number the next 2yrs are $11.175 and $12.175 respectively. he's not even close to worth that.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Term Limit:
Jerry Jones

I'm done.

Ahem. You are missing our "special" coach.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: