Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Norman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yesweCAM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Josh Norman Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carolina-panthers-5th-round-rookie-cb-josh-norman-181900153--nfl.html

Hope he keeps up the solid play and we finally hit on one of our late round picks
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. I think he's our future #1 guy. Year 3 will be his year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it... Norman has the measurements and heart to be our #1. I love it when we draft locals guys Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Thomas is playing great also.

Quote:
Carolina Panthers: The two cornerbacks leading Yards Per Coverage Snap in the league are Chris Gamble at 0.45 and Josh Thomas at 0.47.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/32-observations-week-9/

Thanks CK
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tackles are obviously a bit high because of targets, but he's also looking like a physical corner who isn't afraid to take on blockers and runningbacks.

The pass rush is also helping out a lot.
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass rush is definitely helping.

QBs had waaaay too long to pick a receiver last season and generally only the best CBs can hold coverage that length of time.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very biased article.

Tackles isn't a great stat for a CB. Sure he's good against the Run, but he gets targeted A Lot because QBs know they can beat him pretty easily.

I don't see how you guys are talking about him being our future #1 CB. I'm not even convinced he can be a starter in this league beyond this season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

Tackles isn't a great stat for a CB. Sure he's good against the Run, but he gets targeted A Lot because QBs know they can beat him pretty easily.

I don't see how you guys are talking about him being our future #1 CB. I'm not even convinced he can be a starter in this league beyond this season.

You have extremely high standards for a 5th round rookie.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

He's a rookie. Cam tore up Peterson last year, rookies are new to the NFL and therefore allot easier to beat with their lack of experience.

He's playing great for a rookie, I'm really happy we have him.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

You are right, tackles are not a great stat for CB, they are a very misleading stat. A CB with a lot of tackles could mean he's very active in run defense, doesn't mean that he's a bad CB. Also, he's a rookie, teams are going to pick on him in the passing game. At least he's making tackles and limiting YAC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

You are right, tackles are not a great stat for CB, they are a very misleading stat. A CB with a lot of tackles could mean he's very active in run defense, doesn't mean that he's a bad CB. Also, he's a rookie, teams are going to pick on him in the passing game. At least he's making tackles and limiting YAC.

I can say that he's playing a lot better than Richard Marshall. I'm not sure about all the #1 CB talk, but he will be very usefull to the team in the future, and has potential to improve.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Luke Kuechly is quietly the NFL's 3rd leading tackler. Shhh Shhh
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

You have extremely high standards for a 5th round rookie.

No I don't I just wouldn't have him starting, because he's a Rookie and he's not good enough to start, period. This team has made calculated errors in not signing good corners. We draft them low and expect them to play like 1st round picks.

Last year we could have signed Carlos Rogers to a mediocre contract, we passed on him and look what he did in San Fran.

If we didn't tie up so much damn money in RBs we could have made a play for Brandon Carr.

I'm just saying you can't draft 4th round and below CBs and expect to win in this pass happy league. You need top tier corners to succeed and we don't have them and we won't be turning any 5th rounders out of Coastal Carolina into #1 CBs.

Gamble's career is just about over and we have no one to fill his shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from PFF

Quote:
With starting corner Chris Gamble lost to IR weeks ago, the responsibility of covering the opposition’s wideouts has been left to Josh Norman and Captain Munnerlyn. Norman as started every game this year for the Panthers and has performed admirably for a rookie drafted in the fifth round. The 35 receptions he’s given up are tied for 14th-most among cornerbacks, but he’s been making quarterbacks work for it — the longest reception he’s surrendered this year was a 29-yarder in Week 2 (note by zithers, this was when he slipped while covering marques colston). Munnerlyn has been solid on the outside, but he really shines in nickel packages when he moves into the slot. When covering the slot receiver, he gives up a reception once in every 14.7 plays, tops among corners with at least 100 coverage snaps in the slot. Forced into significant playing time for the first time in Week 5, nickel corner Josh Thomas has done well, allowing just 48 yards on the 13 balls thrown his way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
from PFF

Quote:
With starting corner Chris Gamble lost to IR weeks ago, the responsibility of covering the opposition’s wideouts has been left to Josh Norman and Captain Munnerlyn. Norman as started every game this year for the Panthers and has performed admirably for a rookie drafted in the fifth round. The 35 receptions he’s given up are tied for 14th-most among cornerbacks, but he’s been making quarterbacks work for it — the longest reception he’s surrendered this year was a 29-yarder in Week 2 (note by zithers, this was when he slipped while covering marques colston). Munnerlyn has been solid on the outside, but he really shines in nickel packages when he moves into the slot. When covering the slot receiver, he gives up a reception once in every 14.7 plays, tops among corners with at least 100 coverage snaps in the slot. Forced into significant playing time for the first time in Week 5, nickel corner Josh Thomas has done well, allowing just 48 yards on the 13 balls thrown his way.

numbers don't lie bruh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: