Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
i get that argument but this isn't a one game deal, how many times has pead caused our offense to start pretty much inside our own 15 by taking 8 yard deep kicks out of the endzone. He just doesn't cut it as a return man. Then, when you compound that with bad ball security especially in a close game idk what else to say. This year has been far more negative than positive for him.
He fumbled a ball . . . . .

Im really confused on where all this hate toward Pead is coming from. On Kickoffs most of his are Touchbacks. And you are aware that its just as much, if not more about the Blocking infront of him. He cant get big returns if no one is blocking infront of him. There is always a guy running free.

So why is he returning it then? If he hasnt been having much success returning kicks because of the blocking why return a kick that was deep back in the endzone? He doesnt learn. He muffed a kick that same game trying to return a deep one then he follows it up with a fumble. We cant have that.

I understand hes a rookie but this is simple, simple stuff.
yrba1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
What did you guys think of Kaepernick?

It was his first extensive, non-garbage time action in a real game. What you saw for the first time was what we saw for the first time as well.

Just wanted to get an opposing fans honest feedback.

He looks very promising for you guys once Smith puts on the cleats. He's going to give defenses headaches with his scrambling ability (including ours). He does have a few blemishes though such as holding the ball too long, having to plant his feet too long, terrible accuracy when given little time to throw, and lack of ball security.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
i get that argument but this isn't a one game deal, how many times has pead caused our offense to start pretty much inside our own 15 by taking 8 yard deep kicks out of the endzone. He just doesn't cut it as a return man. Then, when you compound that with bad ball security especially in a close game idk what else to say. This year has been far more negative than positive for him.
He fumbled a ball . . . . .

Im really confused on where all this hate toward Pead is coming from. On Kickoffs most of his are Touchbacks. And you are aware that its just as much, if not more about the Blocking infront of him. He cant get big returns if no one is blocking infront of him. There is always a guy running free.

I understand the blocking plays a major part but when you are already 8-9 yards deep there is absolutely no reason to be bringing the ball out and giving your offense bad field position to start with. Especially when you can down it and simply start from the 20. That is all on pead when he CHOOSES to do that. Its just not a smart decision. Also pead put the ball on the ground twice yesterday, luckily enough the first one was able to be picked right back up. Speaking for myself, im not specifically looking for the homerun, I just wished he made better decisions and stop putting the ball on the ground.
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
What did you guys think of Kaepernick?

It was his first extensive, non-garbage time action in a real game. What you saw for the first time was what we saw for the first time as well.

Just wanted to get an opposing fans honest feedback.

I think he has a good future if he can get a bit better presence in the pocket. Seemed a bit quick to tuck and run. Has a great arm, he can make throws that Smith cant make. Accuracy seemed a bit iffy but he got better as the game went on. Made a few rookie mistakes but that was expected. With continued development I think he can be pretty good

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
So why is he returning it then? If he hasnt been having much success returning kicks because of the blocking why return a kick that was deep back in the endzone? He doesnt learn. He muffed a kick that same game trying to return a deep one then he follows it up with a fumble. We cant have that.

Are you even paying attention to what you are complaining about?

Again, he hasnt taken a ball out of the endzone that has been more than 5 yards deep. That is a pretty basic universal rule unless you are one of the best returners in the game. He can not concentrate on catching a kick off and look to see how his blocking is setting up at the same time. He has to trust that they are doing what they are supposed to. That is adjustments that the coaching staff has to make (better scheme, have him kneel on ones more than 3 yards, etc...)

And the Muffed one you are talking about was only like 2 yards deep but it was all the way to the sideline, and it was right behind the wall that was being set up (called return to that side) Ofcourse he is going to try and make that play.

And the Big fumble was actually a great play by him, getting it out to the 28 and then got blasted and he fumbled. He needs to hold onto the ball, no doubt about it, but you all are directing you anger in the wrong place. This is not on one man, this is an entire unit that needs to be better.

Its really easy to call out a rookie draft pick that isnt living up to expectations, that doesnt mean its correct.
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

The guy has talent, and he has time to settle into the NFL game. An interesting idea I heard was putting him on the practice squad for a few weeks. It would send a message and he could focus on improving the mental aspects of his game, but it would risk effecting his confidence (But how high can they really be right.

Umm... What?? Pead wouldn't survive ten seconds on the waiver wire. You guys are completely overreacting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Again, he hasnt taken a ball out of the endzone that has been more than 5 yards deep. That is a pretty basic universal rule unless you are one of the best returners in the game. He can not concentrate on catching a kick off and look to see how his blocking is setting up at the same time. He has to trust that they are doing what they are supposed to. That is adjustments that the coaching staff has to make (better scheme, have him kneel on ones more than 3 yards, etc...)

And the Muffed one you are talking about was only like 2 yards deep but it was all the way to the sideline, and it was right behind the wall that was being set up (called return to that side) Ofcourse he is going to try and make that play.

And the Big fumble was actually a great play by him, getting it out to the 28 and then got blasted and he fumbled. He needs to hold onto the ball, no doubt about it, but you all are directing you anger in the wrong place. This is not on one man, this is an entire unit that needs to be better.

Its really easy to call out a rookie draft pick that isnt living up to expectations, that doesnt mean its correct.

Escape goat, hatred can blind ones judgment. This team should be 1-8 lol. We are the youngest roster in the NFL, we are re-tooling. The fact that we went to Frisco and punched them in the mouth is nothing short of an amazing feat. I felt like we were gonna get killed. Next year this team should be ready, We make dumb dumb mistakes(BRANDON GIBSON).
There were just too many factors to put the blame on Pead. Yes he had a crucial mistake but he is a rookie. Heck look at AP his earlier years!
He was a fumbling machine!! Sjax as well had a fumbling problem.

I think some of you miss Pettis lol. Dude was a heart attack waiting to happen last year returning punts. Take these losses like a blessing in disguise, I am just happy that we are competing. We could have 1 top 5 pick and another top 10 one. Those picks can add some massive fire power.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

The guy has talent, and he has time to settle into the NFL game. An interesting idea I heard was putting him on the practice squad for a few weeks. It would send a message and he could focus on improving the mental aspects of his game, but it would risk effecting his confidence (But how high can they really be right.

Umm... What?? Pead wouldn't survive ten seconds on the waiver wire. You guys are completely overreacting.

Lulz.. This is just crazy nowwwwwww..

Btw, Did Trumiane start yesterday? I did not hear his name once!

Which is dammmmm good.

mozwanted wrote:
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rewtached that Quick TD.. Hahahaha.. Damm that kid is strong!

Pimped smacked Culliver and met Dalshon at the 5 yard line.

mozwanted wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Which is dammmmm good.

He did. He had a meh game.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Brodie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Which is dammmmm good.

Yeah he started, he got injured in the game. Not sure if he had come back or not

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
I understand the blocking plays a major part but when you are already 8-9 yards deep there is absolutely no reason to be bringing the ball out and giving your offense bad field position to start with. Especially when you can down it and simply start from the 20. That is all on pead when he CHOOSES to do that. Its just not a smart decision. Also pead put the ball on the ground twice yesterday, luckily enough the first one was able to be picked right back up. Speaking for myself, im not specifically looking for the homerun, I just wished he made better decisions and stop putting the ball on the ground.
Isaiah Pead has returned exactly 10 kicks, there has only been ONE of those that was deeper 5 yards into the endzone.

That ball was all the way in the back of the Endzone, and he returned it for 32 yards. The offense started one the 23 yard line for that drive.

Im pretty sure 7 of the 10 KO returns were less than 5 yards deep.

You are creating things in your mind to fit the preception of him that you already have. Stop trying to blame him for things that arent all his fault. (barely his fault at all)

He hasnt been what we thought he would be out of the gates, it doesnt give fans the green light to start blaming him for things that you dont like.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Escape goat, hatred can blind ones judgment. This team should be 1-8 lol. We are the youngest roster in the NFL, we are re-tooling. The fact that we went to Frisco and punched them in the mouth is nothing short of an amazing feat. I felt like we were gonna get killed. Next year this team should be ready, We make dumb dumb mistakes(BRANDON GIBSON).
There were just too many factors to put the blame on Pead. Yes he had a crucial mistake but he is a rookie. Heck look at AP his earlier years!
He was a fumbling machine!! Sjax as well had a fumbling problem.

I think some of you miss Pettis lol. Dude was a heart attack waiting to happen last year returning punts. Take these losses like a blessing in disguise, I am just happy that we are competing. We could have 1 top 5 pick and another top 10 one. Those picks can add some massive fire power.

Dude...did you really just call a fumble in a close game "a great play by him" ? Really? Maybe we are being to hard on him, I can accept that, but if I am you are just as bad lol

And I understand exactly what im complaining about. If I know that my blocking isnt good and that I havent been effective why continue to press the issue? Just kneel the ball. But thats asking for too much right?

And yes Ramster, Im happy we are competing too but its the same crap over and over again. Seriously. I dont expect us to have a winning record or anything, but can we at least not beat ourselves? Can we at least line up correctly so we dont negate a possibly game winning play? Can people like that damn fullback not try and return kicks? (yes im still salty about that) Can people like pead not fumble, recover it then fumble it again later in the game and lose it? I mean damn man.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Which is dammmmm good.

Fletcher got the start. Johnson played a bit early but got dinged and was out of the game I believe most of the 1st and 2nd quarters.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things I took away after being at the game.

Saffold was very solid in his first game back. Hardly heard Justin Smiths name called. Think he had one qb hit and 1 tfl. Very solid showing in the return.

Danny Amendola is amazing. All game long Niner fans were crying wondering who this guy was and why they couldn't stop him.

Robert Quinn has a habit of trying to use his speed too often and ends up six yards in the backfield leaving a big gap between LT and LG. I'm pretty sure every one of Kapernicks scrambles came thru that hole. Staley is a good LT and you're not going to beat him that way a lot. He's young and has a ton of promise but work needs to be done on this.

Brockers is a monster. Think he ended with 1.5 sacks. We know he can stop the run he's being coached into a solid pass rusher from the inside too. That was the one big knock on him when we drafted him. A lot of people here felt he'd get that coaching and it's proving true.

Defensively our pursuit on runs to the edges is very lacking. The Niners ran there with very good success.

I'm glad Sam is the QB on this team. He made some throws yesterday that were amazing. Led this team on some very nice drives and is the leader for this team. If we can surround him with a little more talent at WR and protect him better he's going to be great.

At times I question Shottys play calling. Too many times we have a 3rd and 1 and we almost never give it to SJax.

I do not like Gibson. Never have never will so color this with hate filled lenses. Amendola's OT catch being called back was his fault for not lining up properly. They called it on Saffold but it was all Gibson.

We went into SF and punched them in the mouths. A 12 1/2 point underdog played a team that went to the conference championship in their house and should have walked out with a win. A lot of penalties that shouldn't have happened cost us the chance to win this. With the draft picks over the next two years Fisher and Snead have given Rams fans something to look forward to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: