Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juiceman318

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: OC Reply with quote

So lets say hypothetically we do fire Cam Cameron after the season, what some of us are praying for; I'm still undecided on Cam. But I want know you're guys thought; who would you guys see as a adequate fit for our team, and run our offense? Or would you keep Cam? Just throwing a name out there but we here Andy Reid is on the hot seat in Philly, what about him? Or is that a not lol
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: OC Reply with quote

juiceman318 wrote:
So lets say hypothetically we do fire Cam Cameron after the season, what some of us are praying for; I'm still undecided on Cam. But I want know you're guys thought; who would you guys see as a adequate fit for our team, and run our offense? Or would you keep Cam? Just throwing a name out there but we here Andy Reid is on the hot seat in Philly, what about him? Or is that a not lol

I'll make this as easy as possible to understand.... ANYONE.....BUT......CAM.....
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be worried that Andy Reid could end up like Cam's not-running-Rice on Steroids. Would love to see Norv Turner as our OC (as long as he doesn't let Rice get over ~275 carries per year, Pierce could take ~125 or so a year).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid has always had an issue with committing to the run game, which is exactly what we don't like from Cam. I don't see the fit in all honesty.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to be a west coast offense. And like everyone says, Andy Reid doesn't commit to the run.

I'd really like Norv Turner or Pat Hill. Turner is a masterful playcaller and I love what Pat Hill does with the O Line.

This might sound crazy. But I think if we got our pass protection straight we have the pieces to make Mike Martz's offense work. Not necessarily in favor of that but I can see it and it's intriguing.

Free Ray Rice
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody but Cam and Andy Reid. Andy Reid, believe it or not, is a more extreme version of Cam Cameron.

I'd very much like Norv Turner, though. That's my A+ pick. Other than that, I really don't know.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv has a great track record as an offensive coordinator (and from most things I've seen and heard, he would have been our OC this year had he been fired by San Diego), but I'm a little concerned about bringing in another old guy coming from an Air Coryell background. If/when we're done with Cam, I'd like to go with someone who has been more involved in working on offenses that are more in lockstep with the innovation and evolution that is going on with the NFL passing game and offensive play overall. I'm concerned that Norv may be another guy who is close to hitting the expiration date as far as his affectiveness and philosophy in the league is concerned... much like Cam himself has sort of turned out to be. I want an offensive coordinator who can implement a more progressive, modern system and I'm not sure that Norv is the guy to do it.

From an X's and O's standpoint my top choice is probably the same as it was last offseason when we were kicking names around: Hue Jackson. But I don't think Harbaugh would bring him back.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that has bothered me about Cam is how much he has always, going back to his head coaching days at Indiana, depended on TEs and RBs in the passing game. The production from the WR position this year is unheard of for a Cam Cameron offense.

Free Ray Rice
jpeter15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine Andy Reid here because of the dynamic of working as a coordinator under a guy that not long ago was your special teams coach when Reid was the HC. Would seem very weird.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get Jason Garrett, I believe he would be perfect for our personnel, the problem in Dallas isn't scheme or play calling, it's accountability and leadership.
jpeter15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
I'd like to get Jason Garrett, I believe he would be perfect for our personnel, the problem in Dallas isn't scheme or play calling, it's accountability and leadership.

He screwed us with the head coaching search. Used us as leverage and to an extent embarrassed us. I don't see him coming here.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeter15 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

He screwed us with the head coaching search. Used us as leverage and to an extent embarrassed us. I don't see him coming here.

All very true, still would love to have him run the offense. He isn't much of a head coach anyway so him turning us down was a blessing in disguise. He has a great scheme that would highlight our best players skill sets and that's all you could ask
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeter15 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

So we're not going to hire a guy because we hold grudges?

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
jpeter15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jpeter15 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

Call it a grudge if you want but the guy turned used us as leverage and embarrassed us publicly by rejecting a HC position with us and staying as OC (at the time) in Dallas. Not sure either party would want to meet for an interview after that.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jpeter15 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

It happens all the time. It's probably a big reason TO never got a tryout with us despite the fact that we had a need at WR. Teams refuse to trade with other teams in the draft because of past incidents (much like I'm sure the Ravens would refuse to trade with the Bears if Angelo was still there after the 2011 fiasco). It's a matter of respect, not grudges -- teams typically aren't going to look to bring in guys who they feel have disrespected them, which Garrett kind of has.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: